My Concert Review Thread

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

My Concert Review Thread

Postby TageRyche » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:47 am

I've decided to consolidate my various concert reviews into one thread instead of multiple threads from now on.

So we'll start with my review of the October 14th House of Lords concert in New Bedford, MA. You can check it out HERE!
TageRyche
Cassette Tape

Re: My Concert Review Thread

Postby TageRyche » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:10 pm

You can check out my review of the February 7th Winger concert in New Bedford, MA via this KNAC.COM link.
TageRyche
Cassette Tape

Postby TageRyche » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:52 pm

You can see my review of the March 10th Queensryche / Fates Warning concert via this KNAC.COM link.

You can check out my review of the March 12th Y&T concert via this KNAC.COM link.
TageRyche
Cassette Tape

Postby TageRyche » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:07 am

My review of the Mike Tramp concert from March 19th, 2019 in New Bedford, MA can be seen via this KNAC.COM link.
TageRyche
Cassette Tape

Postby TageRyche » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:18 am

My review of the April 6th, 2019 Kix show in New Bedford, MA can be seen via this KNAC.COM link.
TageRyche
Cassette Tape

Postby TageRyche » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:23 am

You can check out my review of the L.A. Guns concert from April 13th, 2019 via this KNAC.COM link.
TageRyche
Cassette Tape

Postby TageRyche » Tue May 14, 2019 1:17 pm

My review of the May 3rd, 2019 Vixen concert can be seen HERE!
TageRyche
Cassette Tape

Postby verslibre » Fri May 17, 2019 10:20 am

If Roxy's there, it's Vixen! :D
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby TageRyche » Fri May 17, 2019 11:59 am

verslibre wrote:If Roxy's there, it's Vixen! :D

I posted the review on Vixen's page and Roxy responded to it and thanked me for the review.
TageRyche
Cassette Tape

Postby TageRyche » Wed May 22, 2019 5:17 am

My review of the May 10th, 2019 Michael Schenker Fest concert can be seen via this KNAC.COM link.
TageRyche
Cassette Tape

Postby verslibre » Wed May 22, 2019 7:49 am

TageRyche wrote:My review of the May 10th, 2019 Michael Schenker Fest concert can be seen via this KNAC.COM link.

Holy cow, Michael SANG "Holiday"? That no doubt brought out the cringe! :lol:

Awesome format with his three main vocalists...and Doogie White?! That's a lotta crazy right there. And Bodo Schopf! He's also (or was, if he's not coming back) Eloy's drummer. One of my favorite bands.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby TageRyche » Wed May 22, 2019 8:29 am

verselibre,

The show was great and is the most songs I've seen from one group in a single concert ever.

I was very happy to have gone and witnessed the event.
TageRyche
Cassette Tape

Postby TageRyche » Fri May 31, 2019 9:22 pm

My review of the May 11th, 2019 Doro / Metal Church show can now be seen via this KNAC.COM review.
TageRyche
Cassette Tape

Postby TageRyche » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:55 am

TageRyche
Cassette Tape

Postby TageRyche » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:32 am

TageRyche
Cassette Tape

Postby TageRyche » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:56 am

My review of the August 18th, 2019 Tora Tora concert in New Bedford, MA can be seen via this KNAC.COM link.
TageRyche
Cassette Tape

Postby TageRyche » Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:53 am

Top 10 Concerts of 2019

It's that time of year again. I am once again joining the herd of people who think anyone cares what I think of stuff I did, saw, read or heard in the past year.

Since I'm done with seeing concerts for the year I'm starting with that list first.

I got out to 16 shows this year but none since August 18th. Between some apathy towards shows that came to the area and circumstances conspiring against me going to other shows, I just didn't go to any shows the last four months.

Not that I should need to but this list is based solely off of shows I went to. So if someone reading the article wonders why a tour they saw isn't on my list...I DIDN'T SEE IT!

#10 - Geoff Tate's Operation Mindcrime (The Vault Music Hall & Pub with openers San Dimas, Till Death Do Us Part, Leksi) - The 30th Anniversary celebration of the Operation:mindcrime album had a two night stay in New Bedford and I was there to take part on the first night. Geoff's performance was damn good and I had a blast celebrating my all-time favorite album.

#9 - Queensryche (Worcester Palladium with opener Fates Warning & The Cringe) - 20 years after last seeing Queensryche in concert and I was finally attending a show once again. They put on a pretty good show and I thought Fates Warning was outstanding!

#8 - Winger (The Vault Music Hall & Pub with openers San Dimas) - When Kip Winger played a solo show at The Vault a few months earlier, he liked it so much that he said on stage that he was going to come back with the full band for a show. Man of his word it seems because this show happened and it was a darn good set. If only he had remembered the name of my friend Roger's band when "thanking" them on stage.

#7 - Michael Schenker Fest (Worcester Palladium) - There were no openers for this show because it was a 31 songs buffet of featuring four singers and just a killer night of Schenker's music. Plus I finally got to see singer Robin McAuley live and performing songs from the McAuley Schenker Group albums!

#6 - Tora Tora (The Vault Music Hall & Pub with openers San Dimas) - After reviewing their outstanding Bastards of Beale album, I was stoked that the band was actually going to be performing in my area. Despite some pre-show issues (and I still haven't gotten those CDs I was offered, darn it), I was treated to a fantastic concert and I hope to see Tora Tora back in the future. Oh and though the pic below shows the Bulletboys being on the bill, they weren't.

#5 - Mike Tramp (The Vault Music Hall & Pub with openers Scotty Dunbar and Mike Golarz & Roy Maher) - What can I say? I liked White Lion back in the day but I've really gotten into the Mike Tramp solo work like you wouldn't believe. I was really looking forward to this show and I wasn't the least bit disappointed as he put on a great performance. Plus I got to meet him after the show. I hope he comes back soon!

#4 - Doro / Metal Church (The Vault Music Hall & Pub with openers Images of Eden, Let Us Prey, On Your Deathbed) - The best double bill of the year for me. My queen of metal Doro figuratively burned the house down and ended the night with the fire alarms going off! Metal Church was immense! And I finally got to meet Doro! Just a purely awesome night of metal entertainment.

#3 - Y&T (The Vault Music Hall & Pub) - Another show with no opening act. It was just An Evening with Y&T and it was magnificent. I was what could be generously termed a casual fan of the band. But after watching Dave Meniketti (who was sick as a dog) & Co. power their way through a mind-blowing set that sounded amazing, I'm fully in their thrall. I got in to this show for free because I write for the people who promoted the show but this was so good I would've paid to see it had I needed to!

#2 - Kix (The Vault Music Hall & Pub with openers Station and San Dimas) - This was simply a killer show! Singer Steve Whiteman sounds ageless. And the band's setlist was flat out awesome. They are coming back in 2020 and I've already got my ticket purchased. I still am blown away by how much I liked this concert.

#1 - IRON MAIDEN (Xfinity Center with The Raven Age) - THE LEGACY OF THE BEAST roared loud and proud on this August night in Mansfield, MA. What can I say beyond that I think Iron Maiden is the gold standard of metal bands active today. Their show proved it once again and I can only hope I get to see Bruce, Steve, Dave, Adrian, Nicko and Janick again soon!

And that's a wrap on my look back at the 10 best concerts I saw in 2019. 2020 is already shaping up to be another year of great concerts. The year hasn't started yet and I've already found 14 shows that I'm interested in so far. I don't know that I'll get to them all, but I'm going to be out there doing what I can (given time and money considerations) to support live music.

Here's to 2020 being another year for me to be rocking out!
Last edited by TageRyche on Mon May 03, 2021 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
TageRyche
Cassette Tape

Postby TageRyche » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:01 am

TageRyche
Cassette Tape

Postby TageRyche » Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:11 am

TageRyche
Cassette Tape

Postby TageRyche » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:59 am