MeatLoaf talks comeback, new album, and more.

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

MeatLoaf talks comeback, new album, and more.

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:23 pm

From Meat's FB page 08/22...

"To all would who care and like to know . I am hoping that I will start doing some shows this year , some storytellers type shows not too many though . When I fell in Dallas on May 4th and Fractured my collarbone and my sternum that really sit my recovery from 4 back surgeries in a bad place . I spent 31 days in the hospital because of that fall . Why, a sternum injury I guess is very dangerous . I went to the "Bat Musical " the other night and came on stage for a couple of Minutes , and got the audience to sing " Took the words " . I sang a little . My back after 4 surgeries is getting better but not there yet . My voice is great getting all the music together for the next record . The band wanted badly to stay together and keep playing while I was absent so they got Caleb Johnson an Idol winner to come and sing with them . When on Idol they compared him to me , That is why Paul Crook reached out to him . I loved all the press that said Meat Loaf is going on tour without singing . That just made me laugh at real the ignorance of the writers . Do they really think I was making money from the show , I don't think so ? When Paul and guys got everything together they called me and ask was it ok . I said Yes but be careful with the promotion , I didn't want it to seem like I was there . I talked to Jim and he said good , so Jim and I gave our Endorsement for the show and the band got to stay together . Why was it so important to them because , while we were all touring it became a family and we were great friends . I had dinner with Paul and Randy Twice last week . We will do shows again and we will record again . It would have been sooner but the fall in Dallas cost me 6 months with my recovery . So I have to come up with a theme for the album , now it requires coming up with the songs that fit the emotional theme for the album . I never just put together songs and record them , they have to fit the theme . So "13 Roads to Bat " has a theme and each road on the cover will represent them , like Forgiveness , Truth , Denial , Deception , Love , Hate and etc . So now if any of you would like to help name the roads that would be great . If you live in Australia all the better . The last album was just to complicated for people , and I never had the chance to tour it or do press about the Album . I am not kidding you Jim thought it was our best album we had ever done , now a lot you are scratching your head going... WHAT !!! that's ok ! All
the characters I developed for each song were 19 year old Serial Killers . Unlike all the records before the characters I developed used my voice to sing the songs . The last record I wanted them to use there voice to sing the songs , I know too extreme . Ok, sum up, give me some Road names , watch for Shows later this year , not very many , but we will be out there . Love you all and this proves why a tribal Leader in Oklahoma gave the tribal name of "Never shuts up "
Meat

PS How about giving me some likes all of you that read this all I am getting now is unlikes since the beginning of the year . I may paranoid but it fells like FACE BOOK is doing it on purpose ??????? !!!!!!! Love Ya !
So far I have seen some really great road names , I knew all brains could come up with great names .
Oh , one more thing I lost 70 pounds but gained ten back . So it's 60 pounds."

I always look forward to a new Meat album. Bring it on.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Re: MeatLoaf talks comeback, new album, and more.

Postby Andrew » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:01 pm

His last album blew chunks. His voice is shot. Stay retired please.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:53 pm

Andrew wrote:His last album blew chunks. His voice is shot. Stay retired please.

The songs were good and he's had a lot of time off to recover. Ya never know.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:47 pm

Footage of him back on stage. He's still loud, out of tune....so pretty much back to normal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmMgDNHcO7U&app=desktop
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby AR » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:12 am

Will he be lip synching like Paul Stanley does now?
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:33 am

AR wrote:Will he be lip synching like Paul Stanley does now?

He already was miming on some songs on his last few tours. But even the recorded tracks sounded fucking horrible.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby youkeepmewaiting » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:56 am

I've absolutely no excitement about this. Been some very poor sounding albums in recent years

I do love that Elvis In Vegas song though
youkeepmewaiting
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:10 am

youkeepmewaiting wrote:I do love that Elvis In Vegas song though

I think that whole album, Hang Cool Teddy Bear, is fantastic.

The follow-up, Hell in a Handbasket, also had some good stuff...western rockers, covers, ballads.

I really only consider Braver Than We Are, to be mostly shit. And even then, the Steinman songs are good. Meat's voice is just distractingly broken.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby Andrew » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:05 pm

Hang Cool is very good indeed. Handbasket I agree....spotty, but some gold.

The last album - they couldn't' even get modern 2019 technology to eek out a listenable vocal. Utterly horrendous.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:21 pm

Andrew wrote:The last album - they couldn't' even get modern 2019 technology to eek out a listenable vocal. Utterly horrendous.

Meat say he intentionally sang in a lower register for the album. Either way, it does sound like shit.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby RPM » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:57 am

Andrew wrote:Hang Cool is very good indeed. Handbasket I agree....spotty, but some gold.

The last album - they couldn't' even get modern 2019 technology to eek out a listenable vocal. Utterly horrendous.

I agree 100% ....His voice on Hang Cool is very good, the last album shouldnt have even been released.
"Remember Suzanne, those summer nights, those summer nights with me"
RPM
Cassette Tape

Postby WalrusOct9 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:51 am

I liked Hang Cool, but that was the last time he was listenable.

I feel for the guy...that's his instrument, and when it goes, especially in the dramatic way his has declined, you've got nothing to fall back on.

One thing I never understood: when his voice first started to fade years ago, why didn't Meat just go into a studio back when he could still sing and just record a vocal for every Steinman song? (It's not like there's much in the way of new Steinman songs at this point?) Not necessarily for release, just to have in case, when him and Jim sorted out their issues? Of course I would've loved to have heard Meat-sung versions of all the stuff on Braver, and even the versions of "Total Eclipse" and "Makin' Love Out Of Nothing At All" that we should've gotten in the early 80's, and the couple Bad For Good/Pandora's Box songs that he hadn't already done.

Just go in the studio with his piano player 15 years ago and knock these things out, then they could've been fleshed out years later when the time was right for release, instead of trying to get Meat to croak out a Steinman song in 2016, which was never going to be possible. Such a sad finale to what should've been a career-capping triumph.
-Steve C.
WalrusOct9
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:06 am

WalrusOct9 wrote:I liked Hang Cool, but that was the last time he was listenable.

Disagree. Lots of solid stuff on "Hell in a Handbasket."
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby RedWingFan » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:21 am

3 years old but the first time reading this. How are you going to spend all the time recording and recuiting guys to play on your record then come back years later and try to deny it exists? I think his brain cells are further gone than his vocal cords.

Bat 3 was his last good work.
https://ultimateclassicrock.com/meat-lo ... -hell-iii/
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:20 am

RedWingFan wrote:3 years old but the first time reading this. How are you going to spend all the time recording and recuiting guys to play on your record then come back years later and try to deny it exists? I think his brain cells are further gone than his vocal cords.

Bat 3 was his last good work.
https://ultimateclassicrock.com/meat-lo ... -hell-iii/

I love Bat 3. I actually think the Desmond Child/Diane Warren pop radio-friendly stuff is a nice contrast to the Wagnerian Steinman pieces. Meat is still going around saying his last album, Braver, is the best thing he's ever done. LOL.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby DavidWT » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:31 am

I know I'm in a tiny, tiny minority, but "Bat 3" is my favorite. It could be partly because it's the first Bat album I owned, so to me, that's what a Bat album was "supposed" to sound like. The other two are great, too, of course, but Bat 3 is the one I enjoy the most.

And yeah, "Braver" is just downright cringe-worthy. I don't think I ever made it all the way through that album.
DavidWT
LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:49 am

DavidWT wrote:And yeah, "Braver" is just downright cringe-worthy. I don't think I ever made it all the way through that album.

The Steinman songs and back-up singers make it tolerable. Not sure what Meat was going for. He says he sang low on purpose and was also deliberately using different voices. Whatever. Still sounds like shit.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara