Moderator: Andrew

RIP Rik Ocasek - We may need a RIP Forum

Postby Memorex » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:04 am

Memorex
Stereo LP

Re: RIP Rik Ocasek - We may need a RIP Forum

Postby scarab » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:01 am

Very sad.
Did not know he was estranged from his ex-model wife who appeared in their biggest hit "Drive".
Also wonder if there will be an official cause of death because they were quick to say he died of natural causes.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby JBlake » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:15 am

Yes, very sad indeed. Yet another 80's music icon.....gone.
God better be wearing his titanium cup when I arrive to be judged, cause the very first thing I'm going to do is break my foot off in his balls. Liberals and Dems are proof that Satan has, to some extent, a sense of humor.
JBlake
8 Track

Postby JBlake » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:16 am

scarab wrote:Very sad.
Did not know he was estranged from his ex-model wife who appeared in their biggest hit "Drive".
Also wonder if there will be an official cause of death because they were quick to say he died of natural causes.

Well, 75 is getting up there in age. I'd be surprised if it was anything other than natural.
God better be wearing his titanium cup when I arrive to be judged, cause the very first thing I'm going to do is break my foot off in his balls. Liberals and Dems are proof that Satan has, to some extent, a sense of humor.
JBlake
8 Track

Postby TageRyche » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:13 am

I don't know what the rules are in New York, but if this was an unattended death a lot of states REQUIRE an autopsy/investigation to determine how the death came to pass.
TageRyche
8 Track

Postby Ehwmatt » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:53 pm

Man, Eddie and Ric in the same weekend is a shit sandwich. I got to sit right near Ric's table at last year's Rock Hall induction (I was in the balcony overlooking the VIP tables). In an otherwise very weak induction ceremony, seeing Ric's family, and especially his one son, just ooze pride and excitement over their acceptance speech and performance was far and away the highlight of the night. Ric must have been a really solid dude and dad to go along with being a great songwriter, singer, and guitarist. RIP, Ric.
Ehwmatt
MP3

Postby AR » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:40 am

Our musical heroes are hitting that age. What sucks is it reminds you of your own mortality.

Well, you all anyway. I'm immortal. Just have to avoid the swords to the neck and all that.
AR is just a longtime net troll who is bored with trolling just Journey most of the time so he's looking for other places to troll and get reactions.

"StillStanding" from the karaoke Boston forum and night manager at Home Depot
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby scarab » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:16 am

Wow weird explanation for death by natural causes. Even though if someone has a heart attack, but the underlining condition trumps that (heart disease) which is defined as a natural cause. I guess the same goes for cancer, diabetes, and strokes.

Anyway, very sad, they cranked out tons out hits and it was cool he let Ben Orr (RIP as well) sing so many of his songs.
I cant imagine anyone bet Ben singing Drive.

Glad they got together for one last album and a short tour after a lengthy lapse.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby yulog » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:04 pm

Tony mills 56 , it doesn't look like its going to be a good year for rockers.
yulog
Stereo LP

Postby TageRyche » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:28 pm

Larry Wallis, the original guitarist for Motorhead, has died.
TageRyche
8 Track

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara