Queensryche issue

Whatever forum news there might be...see here...and suggest any new forums.

Moderator: Andrew

Queensryche issue

Postby TageRyche » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:24 pm

Saw the news and video link from what was billed as the REAL Queensryche on the front page this morning.

Maybe it is just me, but I take issue with this.

It is NOT the real Queensryche.

Both versions of the band are NOT the Real QR.

At best, they should be referred to as TateRyche and 3/4 Edition.
TageRyche
Cassette Tape

Re: Queensryche issue

Postby VirgilTheart » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:13 am

TageRyche wrote:Saw the news and video link from what was billed as the REAL Queensryche on the front page this morning.

I strongly disagree. I saw the Todd La Torre lineup in Raleigh this past Saturday, and they were possibly the best live show I've ever seen. On top of that, 'Redemption' actually sounds like Queensryche, which is something I cannot say for the samples of Tate's upcoming F.U. album. If you want to make a case that neither lineup is the real QR, you'd have to also denote the several lineups of the band since Chris DeGarmo left the band.

Geoff Tate was fired by majority vote of the shareholders of the band, after he physically assaulted other members of the band and spat on them during the middle of a show, in response to the band trying to hold a meeting and see if they could sort things out with him.

The 'TLT version of Queensryche' is the Real Queensryche.
VirgilTheart
45 RPM

Postby brandonx76 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:41 am

That was a pretty good song I have to say, and I'm not a big Queensryche listener..will check out the album if they have more tracks like that
brandonx76
Cassette Tape

Re: Queensryche issue

Postby Andrew » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:48 am

TageRyche wrote:Saw the news and video link from what was billed as the REAL Queensryche on the front page this morning.

1 nutty ex-singer vs 4 originals. I'm happy with the post.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby jrnyman28 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:41 am

Seems the TLT fronted version is letting the music do the talking. I wish Geoff had won the injunction so we would not have 2 queensryches releasing albums. But 1 fired singer putting out music that does not sound like QR vs. 3 founding members and 1 established member putting out QR reminiscent music makes for an easy argument...
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby VirgilTheart » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:05 am

jrnyman28 wrote:Seems the TLT fronted version is letting the music do the talking. I wish Geoff had won the injunction so we would not have 2 queensryches releasing albums. But 1 fired singer putting out music that does not sound like QR vs. 3 founding members and 1 established member putting out QR reminiscent music makes for an easy argument...

I'm glad he lost. I sincerely doubt Tate wouldn't have tried to use the name himself if he had won the injunction, and even if he hadn't, he had plans to tour solo. His only real goal with the injunction was to try and stop the real band from gaining any momentum from live shows and any possible new material. While the band had great success with the two Rising West shows, it definitely would have been harder for them to get the ball rolling without access to the Queensryche name.

He's just bent on screwing the other guys over as much as possible by trying to cause confusion among the general public. Last year, he'd said at least once that he had no intentions of making a QR album with the new lineup, and had only intended to tour under the name. Then all of a sudden, he rushed into the studio in January to try and make an album and got a deal with a record label with a bad rep and got as many guest appearances as he could squeeze because he knew he couldn't sell it on his own.
VirgilTheart
45 RPM

Postby TageRyche » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:49 am

I guess it was only a matter of time before Hitler weighed in on the QR issue:

Youtube Link.
TageRyche
Cassette Tape

Return to MR Site Updates, Forum News & Requests