OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

Postby Liam » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:49 am

Liam

"It ain't how hard you can hit. It's how hard you can get it, and keep goin'." - Rocky
Liam
MP3

Postby YoungJRNY » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:12 am

Report: Colin Kaepernick investigated for alleged sexual assault

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... l-assault/
YoungJRNY
Compact Disc

Postby Memorex » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:14 am

According to the information report, the incident occurred April 1 when a woman went to Lockette's apartment at 485 Brickell Ave. in Miami at 9 p.m. Kaepernick and Patton were there, and the woman made drinks and served shots to the players. She was also told that in order "to drink the shots she had to 'hit' the bong which contained marijuana," the report said.

The group then watched a basketball game on television. The report continues to say that the woman felt light headed and went to a bedroom where she was later joined by Kaepernick, 26, with whom she had a sexual relationship in the past. Kaepernick then left the bedroom. The two did not have sex, she said in the report. The report says that Patton, 23, and Lockette, 27, peeked inside the bedroom and that the woman yelled, "What are you doing? Where is Colin? Get out!"

According to the report, the woman does not remember anything about the night after that. She woke up in a hospital bed the following morning not knowing how she got there. The woman, whose name is redacted, reported the incident to police on April 3.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2014/04/kaepernick-two-other-players-investigated-in-suspicious-incident-in-miami.html

Niners 2014 - 8-8 or 9-7.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNY » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:50 am

The report on PFT claims Kap snuck into the bathroom, started kissing and undressing her, said he'd be back and she blacked out:

Kaepernick allegedly entered the room “and started kissing her.” He then began to undress her. Kaepernick said he’d be right back and left the bedroom. She waited naked in the bed, and Patton and Lockette opened the door and “peeked” inside. She says she told them to leave, they closed the door and left, and she remembers nothing after that.

What stuck out to me was "having a sexual relationship in the past.." Plus, she was "waiting naked in bed." Waiting? Like consensual sex? I don't buy her shit right now.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... legations/
YoungJRNY
Compact Disc

Postby slucero » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:36 pm

not to be outdone... Aldon Smith gets arrested at Los Angeles International Airport for threatening he had a bomb...

enjoy the Bighouse Aldon... maybe you and Kaep can be bunk mates...

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby slucero » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:37 am

bye bye All-Done Smith

Aldon Smith’s future: Court date, probable NFL suspension and the 49ers’ overwhelming weariness and frustration
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2 ... ustration/

Posted on April 15, 2014 by Tim Kawakami

* NFL source: Chris Culliver was with Aldon Smith in the Southwest terminal on Sunday, same flight, but was not involved in any of the trouble. Culliver is not presumed to have been spending time with Smith in LA. It’s possible Culliver just happened to be there and was flying back on same flight.

But the source did allow that it is a wild convergence that the two 49ers players currently under felony charges were together when Smith was detained in another potentially very serious incident. Just that kind of off-season.

-Right to the point: My view, after talking to several sources involved with the 49ers’ decision-making, is that troubled linebacker Aldon Smith hasn’t only lost the benefit of the doubt, he probably won’t play for the 49ers in 2014.

That doesn’t mean the 49ers will release him any time soon–remember, he almost certainly will face NFL punishment, it probably won’t be lenient, and the 49ers will probably wait through the legal and NFL processes before making any final conclusion.

They also are on the hook for a guaranteed $3M+ to Smith and have time to see how this plays out before dumping him and throwing away the money (and letting him have the money for nothing, by the way).

But there is a weariness and frustration over Smith’s behavior that I’ve never heard involving any recent 49ers player. Until this week.

And this is coming from people with the team who defended Smith full-tilt after his DUI arrest last September and emphasized back then that he voluntarily was seeking help, which was a clear sign that he was ready to address his problems.
It’s a very, very different tone now. Starkly different.

49ers management–owner Jed York and GM Trent Baalke and the York family and everyone in there–is embarrassed and absolutely should be.
I’m told that Jim Harbaugh joins the consensus on this issue, too.

I’m also told that the weariness and frustration is mostly focused on Smith, and that team management supports Colin Kaepernick through the “suspicious incident” that Miami police are still investigating and that the 49ers are not planning to release Culliver despite his felony and misdemeanor hit-and-run charges recently.

Will there be a team statement on all the legal issues? I’m told the 49ers understand the PR nightmare, but that there will likely be no statement until at least after Smith’s April 29 before a Santa Clara County district judge.

Point blank: The 49ers will let the legal process play out for Smith and there are not many expectations for him other than that, the source said.

Left unsaid: The 49ers now believe that Smith got himself into this and he has to figure a way out, without their coddling, and that probably means he will not suit up for the team this season.

This comes after all the steps the franchise took to support him–including Jed York standing with Smith at his locker two days after his DUI–and the hopes they had that Smith’s trip to a treatment center in the middle of last season had put him on the right road.

There were signs that the 49ers were less than sure about all this even a few weeks ago, when York was very circumspect in his answers about Smith’s off-season..

And now after the LAX incident, the 49ers are sternly pointed to that April 29 hearing. No excuses, no spin, just attuned to the legal process.

They will wait to see what the judge and DA say about this, and the 49ers understand the judgement could be harsh.

OK, that’s the snapshot now…

Could 49ers management change the tone again and re-embrace Smith at some point? Possibly. He can rush the passer, there isn’t a question about that, which is why he has gotten so many allowances in the past.
If all things are resolved, if Smith stays out of trouble and shows the 49ers proof that he will continue to stay out of trouble and if 49ers management is willing to give him a fourth or fifth chance…

But those are a lot of things that have to happen very quickly, and the 49ers are far, far down the road with him.

It’s not specifically about the incident Sunday at LAX–and one team source suggested that Smith might not end up getting charged for it.

It’s about a pattern of behavior–also about some things that haven’t made headlines but have occurred involving Smith before and after his DUI arrest last year–and about a team that no longer can give him the benefit of the doubt.

Practically, the 49ers have a May 3 deadline to pick up Smith’s $9.75M option for 2015 and I’m told that they are very unlikely to do that.

Smith’s 2015 option would not be guaranteed outright, but it would be guaranteed for injury and the 49ers are not interested in that risk (say, if he stumbles while walking around 49ers HQ and hurts his hamstring).

It’s a very minor risk, but it’s still a risk–and Smith’s risk-levels are through the roof already right now.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby Jonny B » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:23 am

Chris Johnson signs with the Jets.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/chri ... 3Aansfox11

I will admit, the Jets ARE trying to at least make it look like they care about competing...but unless Brady suddenly takes on a Peyton-esk aging of his throwing arm and starts throwing ducks, it's still the Pats' division for at least one more year.

Speaking of the Pats...what was up with them checking out Johnny Manziel a couple weeks ago anyway? Seems to me they already have a capable replacement in Ryan Mallett.
"I once had an understanding that everything would go my way. But now we’ve come too far along for me to hold on to my own beliefs" -- Delain
Jonny B
8 Track

Postby YoungJRNY » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:39 am

mikemarrs wrote:Johnson's current streak of six straight 1,000-yard seasons is the longest active streak in the NFL. No one else has a current streak longer than three years. Frank Gore and Marshawn Lynch have done it the last three seasons.

Johnson is one of seven players in NFL history to rush for 2,000 yards in a season. The list: Eric Dickerson, 2,105 yards in 1984; Adrian Peterson, 2,097 in 2012; Jamal Lewis, 2,066 in 2003; Sanders, 2,053 in 1997; Terrell Davis, 2,008 in 1998; Johnson, 2,006 in 2009; O.J. Simpson, 2,003 in 1973 (14 games).

Since 2008, Johnson had 69 percent of the Titans' rushing yards. That's the highest percentage of his team's rushing yards of any player in the league. Peterson had 66 percent for the Vikings, Matt Forte had 63 percent for the Bears, Maurice Jones-Drew had 59 percent for the Jaguars and Steven Jackson had 58 percent for the Rams.

Below is an 83 yard TD run in 2012 vs. Buffalo,he also had an 80 yard TD run against Chicago and a 94 yard TD run against the NY Jets that same year for a total of three runs over 80 yards that 2012 season.He had six runs in his career over 80 yards no other player in history has ran over 80 yards more than three times except C.J.who has done it six times.

Looking at that gif, most of Johnson's big play ability came at the hands of an always solid offensive-line for Tennessee. Even in that gif, he went untouched and ran through a hole the size of the 50ft bridge gap in "Speed." He was always a homerun-hitter and could strike at anytime but he needs the necessary gaps consistent enough up front to take it to the house. Not sure if the Jets O-line is good enough to make CJ look good ala Tennessee did all those years. Plus, he won't be a feature and the percentages of his opportunities to hit the big one will be even lower so he's going to have to be a really good fit in how the Jets want to use him, even if that's a wrinkle in the passing game but I always thought CJ was the Mike Wallace of running backs. Speed kills, but not an efficient runner when need-be.
YoungJRNY
Compact Disc

Postby Jonny B » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:54 am

If there is anything the Jets have been good at in recent time, it's the running game. They ranked 7th and 6th respectively the previous 2 seasons. If Vick or Smith force the opponents to respect the pass even a tiny bit, watch out for a few of those home runs from Johnson.
"I once had an understanding that everything would go my way. But now we’ve come too far along for me to hold on to my own beliefs" -- Delain
Jonny B
8 Track

Postby Liam » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:37 am

Donovan McNabb was arrested in AZ. today. No details yet, but HAHAHAHAHA
Liam

"It ain't how hard you can hit. It's how hard you can get it, and keep goin'." - Rocky
Liam
MP3

Postby YoungJRNY » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:23 am

Jonny B wrote:If there is anything the Jets have been good at in recent time, it's the running game. They ranked 7th and 6th respectively the previous 2 seasons. If Vick or Smith force the opponents to respect the pass even a tiny bit, watch out for a few of those home runs from Johnson.

True, but I don't think Vick instills fear in a defense any longer. His first season back he was MONEY as a pocket thrower, but years since he went off the rails and fell right back into his own trap. He has a cannon, certainly better than a developmental Smith, but now being a supplemental-back, I think CJ's days are best behind him, same for Vick. The Jets offense may have gotten better overall, but I think the way Rex Ryan likes to play offense, it will be more controversy after controversy in these types of positions.
YoungJRNY
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNY » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:24 pm

Fact Finder wrote:Wow, Bungs get prime time 3 times against the Broncos, Pats and Brownies...and then we get the Stealers TWICE in 21 days in the cold of December to end the season....God I can't wait!. :lol:

That's atleast 4 losses right there :lol:

Lets kickoff right now. FUCK IT!
YoungJRNY
Compact Disc

Postby Jonny B » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:27 am

I think whatever hope I had with the Jets' new acquisitions just got crushed by the schedule...

In the first half, they have Oakland, @Green Bay, Chicago, Detroit, @San Diego, Denver, @New England, Buffalo ...Not accounting for the Draft, they could be starting 3-5, and I'm being generous.

The second half is barely easier.... @Kansas City, Pittsburgh, @Buffalo, Miami, @Minnesota, @Tennessee, New England, @Miami.

They're gonna need a lot of bounces within the division and some Superman efforts from their new acquisitions to even fathom an 8-8 record.
Jonny B
8 Track

Postby No Surprize » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:28 pm

Dolphins are in the same boat Jonny. Looking at it and knowing last year we couldn't beat a lowly Buffalo team playing a practice squad QB against us makes this year seem improbable. I'm looking at 6 wins max!
"Steve "The Riffmaster" Clark"

My generations "Jimmy Page"
No Surprize
Cassette Tape

Postby No Surprize » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:30 pm

RIP Earl Morral. Probably the greatest backup QB ever.
"Steve "The Riffmaster" Clark"

My generations "Jimmy Page"
No Surprize
Cassette Tape

Postby Jonny B » Thu May 08, 2014 2:31 am

T-minus 1 day to the Draft. I don't think I've ever been so excited about any year's draft as I am with this one. What's funny, is I feel it doesn't matter how the Texans go, they're gonna be a bust. Clownhead could very well be another Suh, lots of pure athletic talent but with a lack of mentality and commitment that could diminish his skill level over time...Manziel could very well shatter in a million pieces the first time he takes a sack...Texans need a QB, but none of them really have 1st-round caliber talent, outside of maybe Bortles, and even he needs to develop...And are they REALLY seriously thinking Kahlil Mack? Can you really trust a guy from the MAC as a #1 pick kind of guy? Texans could be drafting a bust no matter who they choose. And it could just as easily be considered a fail if the Texans trade the pick. They're in a no-win situation. Thoughts?
Jonny B
8 Track

Postby Jonny B » Fri May 09, 2014 11:14 pm

God, would I make a terrible GM, choosing names over talent.

Forget about Jadaveon Clownhead or Johnny DraftBust. My pick would have gone to.....Ha Ha Clinton-Dix. Best...name...ever! :lol:
Jonny B
8 Track

Postby YoungJRNY » Sat May 10, 2014 12:48 am

Sorry, Liam. The Steelers TOTALLY put their ween in the Cowboys A's and took Ryan Shazier right out from underneath you :lol: :lol: Guys a freak of nature. MLB, Ohio State. Steelers defense looking to be missiles in one short season. To put Shaziers speed into context, speed-demon and this years premier WIDEOUT Sammy Watkins ran a 4.48. Shazier ran a 4.38. That's SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!
YoungJRNY
Compact Disc

Postby AR » Sat May 10, 2014 3:26 am

Wasn't thrilled with the Ravens first pick. I'm sure C.J. Mosley will be good, but there are more pressing needs than inside linebacker.
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Liam » Sat May 10, 2014 11:51 am

YoungJRNY wrote:Sorry, Liam. The Steelers TOTALLY put their ween in the Cowboys A's and took Ryan Shazier right out from underneath you :lol: :lol: Guys a freak of nature. MLB, Ohio State. Steelers defense looking to be missiles in one short season. To put Shaziers speed into context, speed-demon and this years premier WIDEOUT Sammy Watkins ran a 4.48. Shazier ran a 4.38. That's SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!

It's cool....still curious why we didn't take Manziel in the 1st round, considering he fell into our lap at 16.....BUT....I'm happy with our pickup of Lawrence, and with the shitload of picks we have later......we'll do some damage. :twisted:
Liam

Liam
MP3

Postby YoungJRNY » Sun May 11, 2014 1:44 am

Fact Finder wrote:
YoungJRNY wrote:Sorry, Liam. The Steelers TOTALLY put their ween in the Cowboys A's and took Ryan Shazier right out from underneath you :lol: :lol: Guys a freak of nature. MLB, Ohio State. Steelers defense looking to be missiles in one short season. To put Shaziers speed into context, speed-demon and this years premier WIDEOUT Sammy Watkins ran a 4.48. Shazier ran a 4.38. That's SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!

I see Shazier roaming thru the Bengals backfield and causing havoc for years to come. :evil: On the other hand, the Bungs couldn't be more happy that Dennard fell right into our laps at 24. Dudes a stud corner who was never expected to be there at 24. We'll take it. :D

Thought for sure the Steelers were going Dennard with pick 15, but him sliding is a telling story and the Steelers went freak MLB that couldn't be ignored in the slightest. A linebacker with demon speed needed in today's NFL to cover the spread.

Dennard wasn't a good fit for the Steelers schemes anyway, Kyle Fuller was their corner and he came off the board a pick early, which then we moved fast to get Shazier. Dennard isn't too versatile. He's a good press-corner but struggles in space and LeBeau loves to keep his corners back to not get beat deep so in the longrun, good pick for Cincy to fit their defense but the Steelers can add value within a deep draft for corners coming up here in the 5th.
YoungJRNY
Compact Disc

Postby Liam » Sun May 11, 2014 12:06 pm

Pre preseason analysis....lookin' pretty damn good....
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/draft.html
Liam

Liam
MP3

Postby Memorex » Sun May 11, 2014 1:31 pm

Niners killed it in the draft. Still reeling from the missed opportunities though. I'm sure i'll be pumped by September.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby RedWingFan » Mon May 12, 2014 12:25 am

Michael Sam is already implying discrimination. If he's cut, how long before GLAAD and his attorneys are in Rams headquarters? Think they'll be accused of a hate crime?
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... ree-rounds
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby YoungJRNY » Mon May 12, 2014 8:45 am

JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fuck, here we go.... :roll:
YoungJRNY
Compact Disc

Postby Jonny B » Mon May 12, 2014 10:24 am

Seriously, it's one thing to live and let live regardless of lifestyle. But what I DON'T believe, is the media bullying their agenda up everyone's asses until we are forced to accept it. I don't care what is the right side or wrong side, the more you beat it down on people, the more of a polarizing reaction you're going to get regardless of which side you're on. It's the reality equivalent of trolling!

It pisses me off that I can't even watch sports anymore without seeing some kind of political agenda. It's all about the image it seems. :roll:
Jonny B
8 Track

Postby Ehwmatt » Mon May 12, 2014 12:24 pm

RedWingFan wrote:Michael Sam is already implying discrimination. If he's cut, how long before GLAAD and his attorneys are in Rams headquarters? Think they'll be accused of a hate crime?
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... ree-rounds

What this guy has done is assure himself at least 3 years of an NFL salary, whereas all things being equal (i.e., if he never came out), he'd likely be lucky to make it through an NFL training camp based on his lack of athleticism. The book on this guy is that he didn't make his defense better (Mizzou's D was awful) and that despite his SEC conference accolades, he lacks the athleticism and quickness to play at the NFL level. But now, cutting the guy will be something done at a team's peril, and when it finally happens, some other team whose owner wants to push an agenda or who simply needs some press/notoriety will pick the guy up.
Ehwmatt
MP3

Postby AR » Tue May 13, 2014 5:18 am

I'm all for 2 people in love doing what they want to do.

That said, it is still very weird and unnatural seeing 2 men kiss.

2 hot women on the other hand. :twisted:
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Liam » Tue May 13, 2014 6:53 am

If he would've shut the fuck up, I would've predicted him as a 2nd rounder. HE made it an issue.
Liam

Liam
MP3

Postby Journey/Survivor » Wed May 14, 2014 8:00 am

AR wrote:I'm all for 2 people in love doing what they want to do.

I'm not directing this comment at you, AR.

But every time you see/hear someone defending gays, they say that there's nothing wrong with two people being in love regardless of gender.

Let's be honest though, the bigger majority of gays who are having sex with each other are not in love. It has nothing to do with love in the bigger majority of cases. Far more often it's about nothing more than sex.

We don't claim that all heterosexuals who have sex are in love. There are plenty of straight people who are out for nothing more than sex. And I might get a big backlash for saying this, but let's face it, there is less standards IN GENERAL among gay people than there is with straight people. And that's saying a lot, because the world in general is one giant cesspool these days.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara