OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

Postby slucero » Wed May 14, 2014 11:39 am

Journey/Survivor wrote:
AR wrote:I'm all for 2 people in love doing what they want to do.

I'm not directing this comment at you, AR.

But every time you see/hear someone defending gays, they say that there's nothing wrong with two people being in love regardless of gender.

Let's be honest though, the bigger majority of gays who are having sex with each other are not in love. It has nothing to do with love in the bigger majority of cases. Far more often it's about nothing more than sex.

We don't claim that all heterosexuals who have sex are in love. There are plenty of straight people who are out for nothing more than sex. And I might get a big backlash for saying this, but let's face it, there is less standards IN GENERAL among gay people than there is with straight people. And that's saying a lot, because the world in general is one giant cesspool these days.

For the sake of "honesty"... stating...

• "the bigger majority of gays who are having sex with each other are not in love'
  • "there is less standards IN GENERAL among gay people than there is with straight people"

...as fact, unless you can cite some empirical evidence to prove that, is just your opinion. And that's OK... you're entitled to believe what you want, but without the empirical evidence, it's just that... your opinion. Just remember that anyone who posits a fact-less opinion can very easily be viewed as prejudiced by those who can differentiate between opinion and fact. While I'm sure that was not your intent, that is how what you stated above reads.

Immorality is an equal opportunity employer... and cares not for one's sexual preference. And again, without evidence, it is opinion and conjecture.

All I know is.. outside of a necessary medical procedure... No one is putting something up my ass unless:

• it's a medical procedure :shock: , or
  • I have a deep affection for them... (and its still not happening)

...and I'm not gay.

(I'd imagine it is the same for gays too.....)
Last edited by slucero on Thu May 15, 2014 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby Liam » Thu May 15, 2014 1:16 pm

I'm gonna laugh my ass off if he's cut in preseason. LOL
Liam

"It ain't how hard you can hit. It's how hard you can get it, and keep goin'." - Rocky
Liam
MP3

Postby slucero » Fri May 16, 2014 6:45 am

Liam wrote:I'm gonna laugh my ass off if he's cut in preseason. LOL

... I was thinking the exact same thing... :mrgreen:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNY » Fri May 16, 2014 6:56 am

Special Teams contributor at best.
YoungJRNY
Compact Disc

Postby Liam » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:14 am

Fact Finder wrote:Colin Kaepernick and the San Francisco 49ers struck a deal Wednesday on a new six-year extension, which sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter is worth more than $110 million -- including a record $61 million guaranteed.

Overpaid....
Liam

"It ain't how hard you can hit. It's how hard you can get it, and keep goin'." - Rocky
Liam
MP3

Postby No Surprize » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:47 pm

Liam wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:Colin Kaepernick and the San Francisco 49ers struck a deal Wednesday on a new six-year extension, which sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter is worth more than $110 million -- including a record $61 million guaranteed.

Overpaid....

And Homo, I mean Romo isn't? LOL. Where's Rodger the Dodger when you need him right Liam?
"Steve "The Riffmaster" Clark"

My generations "Jimmy Page"
No Surprize
Cassette Tape

Postby YoungJRNY » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:59 am

RIP, coach.
YoungJRNY
Compact Disc

Postby Liam » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:50 am

Much respect to Noll....R*I*P.
Liam

Liam
MP3

Postby Jonny B » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:05 am

For lack of a more clever post, here are my predictions for the AFC East. The rest of the league to follow when we're closer to pre-season/regular season.

Patriots (13-3)
Bills (10-6)
Jets (9-7)
Dolphins (4-12)

Even if Brady's talents were to catch up with his age, that Patriots defense could very well be one the best in Football. The middle of the field could be vulnerable due to a lack of depth. But it may not matter because they will have a formidable pass rush and will be STACKED at the CB position with Revis, Arrington, and later Browner when he's off suspension. If you score 20 on this defense, you had a fantastic game....The Bills could very well be the Pats' main threat for the division. They're stacked everywhere, but the QB position is a question mark. Does E.J. Manuel take the next step and can he stay on the field? They've got a capable backup with Thad Lewis, but will either be enough? If the QB position thrives, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the year they fight for a division title or even a wild card spot....I'm giving my Jets the benefit of the doubt because they've made the most moves to upgrade their roster. They will have a formidable running game with Chris's Johnson and Ivory, and adding Eric Decker at WR upgrades a glaring weakness. I think the time will be split between Geno Smith and Mike Vick. Smith falters, Vick takes over, then back to Smith when Vick gets injured (it will happen. He always gets injured.) My only worry is their sudden weakness at CB. Could be Milliner and one of the rookies starting, and if they don't produce, this could very well be one of the worst Jets defenses Rex Ryan has ever had to coach. It will be up to their front 4 to get to the QB before the opposition figures out they'll be able to throw on this Jets team....The Dolphins Signed RB Noshawn Moreno, which should help keep the pressure off with a stable run game. But the question is, can that offensive line keep Tannehill off his back, and does he have enough weapons to throw to? They addressed the issues on the offensive line through the draft, but I just think they needed to do more.
"I once had an understanding that everything would go my way. But now we’ve come too far along for me to hold on to my own beliefs" -- Delain
Jonny B
8 Track

Postby mikemarrs » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:26 am

Thought i'd go ahead and do an early pre-training camps prediction for the 2014 NFL Season i'll probably edit it once more a couple weeks before the season officially starts.....

2014-2015 NFL AFC Predictions:

AFC EAST:
1. New England Patriots: 12-4
2. N.Y Jets:8-8
3. Buffalo Bills: 7-9
4. Miami Dolphins: 6-10

AFC NORTH:
1. Pittsburgh Steelers: 9-7
2. Cincinnati Bengals: 9-7
3. Baltimore Ravens 9-7
4. Cleveland Browns 7-9

AFC SOUTH:
1. Indianapolis Colts 10-6
2. Tennessee Titans 8-8
3. Houston Texans 7-9
4. Jacksonville Jaguars 6-10

AFC WEST:
1. Denver Broncos 13-3
2. Kansas City Chiefs 8-8
3. San Diego Chargers 8-8
4. Oakland Raiders 6-10

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP:Denver vs. New England:Denver

NFC EAST:
1. Philadelphia Eagles 9-7
2. N.Y. Giants 8-8
3. Dallas Cowboys 7-9
4. Washington Redskins 7-9

NFC NORTH:
1. Green Bay Packers 11-5
2. Chicago Bears 8-8
3. Detroit Lions 8-8
4. Minnesota Vikings 6-10

NFC SOUTH:
1. New Orleans Saints 12-4
2. Tampa Bay Bucs 9-7
3. Atlanta Falcons 8-8
4. Carolina Panthers 7-9

NFC WEST:
1. San Francisco 49ers 11-5
2. Seattle Seahawks 10-6
3. St. Louis Rams 8-8
4. Arizona Cardinals 7-9

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP:Green Bay vs. New Orleans:New Orleans

SUPER BOWL XLVIII: Denver Broncos defeat New Orleans Saints
Last edited by mikemarrs on Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
mikemarrs
Stereo LP

Postby JBlake » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:30 am

Fact Finder wrote:
RedWingFan wrote:Michael Sam is already implying discrimination. If he's cut, how long before GLAAD and his attorneys are in Rams headquarters? Think they'll be accused of a hate crime?
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... ree-rounds

:roll: :roll: :roll: :cry: :cry: :cry:

One thing I'm happy about, it's inter-racial.
God better be wearing his titanium cup when I arrive to be judged, cause the very first thing I'm going to do is break my foot off in his balls. Liberals and Dems are proof that Satan has, to some extent, a sense of humor.
JBlake
8 Track

Postby mikemarrs » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:37 am

YoungJRNY wrote:Image

RIP, coach.

My favorite team from childhood in the 80's through the 90's up until we finally got a team here in '99. I became a fan in '84 and endured some tough years until they finally reached the Super Bowl in 96 by then the jaw was coaching. Spent many Sundays watching Noll coach and he won four titles in the seventies something no other NFL coach has done. RIP Chuck
mikemarrs
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNY » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:26 pm

Fact Finder wrote:2 and 1/2 hours until the 2014/15 Bungals hit the field.....FUCK YEAH!

and better still..

Report: NFL suspending Ravens running back Ray Rice for 1st 2 games this season, sources say; suspension is expected to be announced today - @AdamSchefter

End of alert

Bungs get Ravens in game 1 so could be huge.

Steelers get 'em in week 2. 8)
YoungJRNY
Compact Disc

Postby Liam » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:23 am

I'm betting Manziel starts week 1. Just a hunch. I know I'm a Cowboys fan, but I'm also an Aggie, so I'm interested to see if I'm right.
Liam

Liam
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:56 am

Fact Finder wrote:
YoungJRNY wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:2 and 1/2 hours until the 2014/15 Bungals hit the field.....FUCK YEAH!

and better still..

Report: NFL suspending Ravens running back Ray Rice for 1st 2 games this season, sources say; suspension is expected to be announced today - @AdamSchefter

End of alert

Bungs get Ravens in game 1 so could be huge.

Steelers get 'em in week 2. 8)

Travis, are you going to set up the Pickems at ESPN again?

YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby conversationpc » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:13 am

That said, it is still very weird and unnatural seeing 2 men kiss.

People will call you homophobic for that. To me, that's just biology. A straight man is NEVER going to find two men kissing to be anything less than unnatural and disgusting. That doesn't make someone homophobic, just a normal straight, vagina-loving man. :D
My blog = Dave's Dominion
conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Postby Jonny B » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:52 am

Anyone want to start making predictions for the coming season? I'm still working on mine and will post as soon as it's done. Been a long process as I've been working a lot more lately.
"I once had an understanding that everything would go my way. But now we’ve come too far along for me to hold on to my own beliefs" -- Delain
Jonny B
8 Track

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:28 am

Jonny B wrote:Anyone want to start making predictions for the coming season? I'm still working on mine and will post as soon as it's done. Been a long process as I've been working a lot more lately.

I'll be making mine soon. Freakin' EXCITING.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby Liam » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:40 am

Preseason starts tomorrow, ladies and gents. Not the most exciting time of the season, but it's SOMETHING. GO BILLS.
And in case you forgot who was going into the HOF (God knows I did. lol), here's the list....

http://www.profootballhof.com/enshrinem ... 4-elected/
Liam

Liam
MP3

Postby AR » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:14 am

Just found out I get NFL Game Rewind for free because I'm a Ravens season ticket holder. They have every single NFL game available to watch back to the 2009 season and you can watch each game this year as well, just not live. $70 a year if you had to pay for it. Nice perk!
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Jonny B » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:56 am

I'm going to have to rewrite my predictions before posting them. Preseason results are really messing things up for me. :?
Jonny B
8 Track

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:48 am

Jonny B wrote:I'm going to have to rewrite my predictions before posting them. Preseason results are really messing things up for me. :?

Don't blink just yet. These first couple of pre-season games are used as a tool to shape up the 53 man roster and know what you have in future prospects and depth positions,especially with the rookies and young/ 2nd-3rd year players ready to make that leap (or not.)

After the 3rd pre-season game and once the 53-man rosters are beginning to take shape is the time to start thinking about predictions for the actual season itself. We're still a few weeks from that.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby mikemarrs » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:52 am

Are we doing the ESPN NFL Pick 'em contest this year???

I rejoined the group and sent a group email out.
mikemarrs
Stereo LP

Postby Rick » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:37 pm

conversationpc wrote:

That said, it is still very weird and unnatural seeing 2 men kiss.

People will call you homophobic for that. To me, that's just biology. A straight man is NEVER going to find two men kissing to be anything less than unnatural and disgusting. That doesn't make someone homophobic, just a normal straight, vagina-loving man. :D

Well said, Dave.
I like to sit out on the front porch, where the birds can see me, eating a plate of scrambled eggs, just so they know what I'm capable of.
Rick
Super Audio CD

Postby Rick » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:40 pm

No Surprize wrote:
Liam wrote:

Overpaid....

And Homo, I mean Romo isn't? LOL. Where's Rodger the Dodger when you need him right Liam?

Have to agree here. Romo is overpaid, but most players are.
I like to sit out on the front porch, where the birds can see me, eating a plate of scrambled eggs, just so they know what I'm capable of.
Rick
Super Audio CD

Postby conversationpc » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:37 am

Fact Finder wrote:
mikemarrs wrote:Are we doing the ESPN NFL Pick 'em contest this year???

I'm there. Just re signed up. I hope John from Boston and AR and Matt and others join us again. I've enjoyed doing it the last few years. 8)

I'm the defending champ, so I guess I'm obligated to play again. :D
My blog = Dave's Dominion
conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Postby mikemarrs » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:07 pm

Fact Finder wrote:

I'm there. Just re signed up. I hope John from Boston and AR and Matt and others join us again. I've enjoyed doing it the last few years. 8)

Same here,can't wait for the games to begin!
mikemarrs
Stereo LP

Postby mikemarrs » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:08 pm

conversationpc wrote:
Fact Finder wrote:

I'm the defending champ, so I guess I'm obligated to play again. :D

Will be there ready to play,only have a couple weeks to go.
mikemarrs
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:07 am

Blount and Bell arrested. Marijuana. I've about had it with this team.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:25 am

You falkers are lucky. I had an entire week of pickems not register last season. Was pissed so I stopped, haha. Time to regroup!
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara