OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: OFFICIAL NFL 2014-2015 Thread

Postby AR » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:20 am

Fact Finder wrote:Cams truck being turned over after rollover crash.

Headline in Charlotte Observer:

"Newton Commits Another Turnover"
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby RPM » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:21 am

Jay Cutler just got benched, shocking to do this to the highest paid player in the NFL.
Oh thats right he sucks, wheres his college hat to the press conferences now, and loves
throwing completions to the other team.....
"Remember Suzanne, those summer nights, those summer nights with me"
RPM
Cassette Tape

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:37 pm

Jimmy Clausen replaced Cutler.

BAHAHAHAHAHA! Holy shit that's sad.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby Jonny B » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:54 am

Headline: Bears caught in a pickle as Cutler is replaced by a Clausen. :lol:
"I once had an understanding that everything would go my way. But now we’ve come too far along for me to hold on to my own beliefs" -- Delain
Jonny B
8 Track

Postby Memorex » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:07 am

Jonny B wrote:Headline: Bears caught in a pickle as Cutler is replaced by a Clausen. :lol:

I like it. It's got a certain snap to it.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby conversationpc » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:27 am

http://profootballmock.com/jay-cutler-f ... ty-bucket/

CHICAGO – While approaching a Macy’s department store in downtown Chicago today, Bears QB Jay Cutler flicked a lit cigarette butt into the red donation pot of a bell ringing, Santa Claus suit-wearing representative of the Salvation Army charity organization, then entered the store without breaking stride, according to witnesses on the scene.

“I couldn’t believe it,” said the horrified Santa (real name Abe Cohen, 52). “That sourpussed young shmendrick Just tossed his lit cigarette in my pot as casually as could be, and strolled away without a second glance. I had several $1 and $5 dollar bills in there, that burst into flames immediately. I had to pour my entire bottle of water in there to douse the fire.”

Added Cohen: “Unfortunately, I’d forgotten that my bottle was filled with Bacardi 151, and that just made the fire worse.”

According to reports, the incident was not the only negative encounter Cutler had with a charity worker during his shopping excursion.

“I had a little ‘Toys For Tots’ booth just outside the mall, collecting donations for orphans and other underprivileged children,” said Janet Hennessay, 39. “As Mr. Cutler exited Macy’s and began walking towards his car, he grabbed a small stuffed poodle that was sitting on top of my donations pile, and before I could stop him, he said, ‘Great. Christmas shopping for both kids done. Fuck it, they can share this.’ And he was gone.”

:lol: :lol:
My blog = Dave's Dominion
conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Postby Jonny B » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:18 am

Memorex wrote:
Jonny B wrote:Headline: Bears caught in a pickle as Cutler is replaced by a Clausen. :lol:

I like it. It's got a certain snap to it.

Never a dill moment. 8)
"I once had an understanding that everything would go my way. But now we’ve come too far along for me to hold on to my own beliefs" -- Delain
Jonny B
8 Track

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:00 am

Damn. Totally didn't know there was an early start today! There goes another pick against me for not getting it in. FUCKME.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:54 am

Fact Finder wrote:Travis, looks like we'll see each other in Prime Time next Sunday Night. Stealers v Bungs has been flexed. What a way to end the season! :D

So awesome. I would have missed the game if it stayed at 1:00 since I work a 7-3 shift next week. Now, not only can I watch the game, I can fucking go to it with my Dad. His birthday is the 30th and we always go to this game around his BDAY date if at home. This is for all the marbles and potential 3rd seed. HERE WE GO!

BTW, took my fiance to her first big Steelers game yesterday. She had a blast and we finally clinched a playoff birth after 3 long years. Aboutfuckingtime.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby Memorex » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:20 am

Why are you guys still talking about football in the off season? My team is already way ahead of you. We are cutting players, searching for a new coach, and we have rested many of our starters for the past 4 months. I feel sorry for all of you. Seems like the Niners are getting a huge jump on 2015.

Now that AZ is down to using the field crew as their QB, it looks like a SEA-DAL NFC Champ game (I hope). DET or GB could spoil. But both DAL and SEA are peaking at the right time. Could be fun. Especially if in SEA.

I'm hoping CIN takes the AFC.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:01 am

Memorex wrote:Why are you guys still talking about football in the off season? My team is already way ahead of you. We are cutting players, searching for a new coach, and we have rested many of our starters for the past 4 months. I feel sorry for all of you. Seems like the Niners are getting a huge jump on 2015.

Now that AZ is down to using the field crew as their QB, it looks like a SEA-DAL NFC Champ game (I hope). DET or GB could spoil. But both DAL and SEA are peaking at the right time. Could be fun. Especially if in SEA.

You've got to stop Harbaugh from taking the Michigan job!!! :evil:
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Memorex » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:10 am

Journey/Survivor wrote:
Memorex wrote:Why are you guys still talking about football in the off season? My team is already way ahead of you. We are cutting players, searching for a new coach, and we have rested many of our starters for the past 4 months. I feel sorry for all of you. Seems like the Niners are getting a huge jump on 2015.

You've got to stop Harbaugh from taking the Michigan job!!! :evil:

I will give him a call. But after nearly 20 years of shit, I'd personally like to keep him right where he is at. Fire the OC, make some other changes, and keep going.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby slucero » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:37 pm

Harbaugh will never fire Roman... it's like Roman is his blind spot..

My brother told me an interesting story about the niners.. half the team (mostly vets) dress for games at the training facility, which is next ot he stadium.. the rest dress at the stadium...strange...

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby Memorex » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:49 pm

slucero wrote:Harbaugh will never fire Roman... it's like Roman is his blind spot..

My brother told me an interesting story about the niners.. half the team (mostly vets) dress for games at the training facility, which is next ot he stadium.. the rest dress at the stadium...strange...

I read about this. It had to do with positions and relation to where they were warming up and with whom they were warming up. Seems odd, but some of it had to do with spacing.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:16 pm

Congrats FF, JFB, Liam and any others team who are in the post season. Cya next week FF. LeGOOOOO.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby Jonny B » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:59 am

Well, that's it. I've captured last place. Nobody can take it away from me.

Since the last 16 points will not affect my standings, I've decided that I will do something completely unprecedented and ludicrous....I'm going for the Goose Egg! That's right, to put the exclamation point on a horrendous Pick'ems season, I am going to purposely choose the team that I think is going to lose in an effort to get a Perfect Zero.

Below is the schedule for Week 17, the team I'm choosing, and why the other team will win.

Browns vs. Ravens
My choice: Browns
Why the Ravens will win:
Manziel is out with an injury. Hoyer is day-to-day. Even if Flacco has an even worse performance than last week, I think the next Browns QB in line will take that bet and lower the bar even more.

Cowboys vs. Redskins
My Choice: Redskins
Why the Cowboys will win:
There's a 1st round bye on the line here. Dallas won't be resting their starters. The Skins are outgunned in this matchup.

Jaguars vs. Texans
My Choice: Jaguars
Why the Texans will win:
J.J. Watt. A man among boys. End of argument.

Chargers vs. Chiefs
My Choice: Chiefs
Why the Chargers will win:
This pick may kill my Goose Egg. Chiefs are 5 - 2 at home, but they are also on a 1 - 4 skid, with their only win coming against the Raiders. I'm choosing the skid over the home record.

Jets vs. Dolphins
My Choice: Jets
Why the Dolphins will win:
No reason, other than they're playing my Godawful Jets. But it wouldn't surprise me if my Jets notched one more win to further ruin their draft standing.

Bears vs. Vikings
My Choice: Bears
Why the Vikings will win:
Cutler is back in the starting role. Need I say more?

Bills vs. Patriots
My Choice: Patriots
Why the Bills will win:
Pats have nothing to play for, having locked the #1 seed. I expect their starters to get benched after a couple drives.

Eagles vs. Giants
My Choice: Eagles
Why the Giants will win:
Sanchez at QB, fast-paced 3 and outs gives the Eli-Beckham connection many TDs.

Saints vs. Bucs
My Choice: Bucs
Why the Saints will win:
Saints are not at home. And the Bucs have a shot of drafting Marcus Mariotta. Why would the Bucs even try?

Colts vs. Titans
My Choice: Titans
Why the Colts will win:
Same deal with Bucs. I don't think the Titans will be in any hurry to ruin any chance of drafting Marcus Mariotta.

Panthers vs. Falcons
My Choice: Falcons
Why the Panthers will win:
Falcons only have a passing attack, which runs into the strength of the Panthers' 9th ranked pass defense....If I could choose this game to end in a tie, I would. I want a 6-win division winner...just because.

Lions vs. Packers
My Choice: Lions
Why the Packers will win:
Pack can't go on this funk forever. Even though there's a chance they'll meet again the next week. there's a home field game on the line. Nobody will be resting their starters here unless it's a blowout.

Raiders vs. Broncos
My Choice: Raiders
Why the Broncos will win:
Denver needs this win to get the bye week. And anyone who is crazy enough to choose the Raiders over Peyton Manning deserves the Goose Egg. That would be me. ^_^

Cardinals vs. 49'ers
My Choice: Cardinals
Why the 49'ers will win:
They can beat a 4th string QB, right? Right? RIGHT?????

Rams vs. Seahawks
My Choice: Rams
Why the Seahawks will win:
Home field. Period. And the #1 Seed is on the line.

Bengals vs. Steelers
My Choice: Bengals
Why the Steelers will win:
Of their potential playoff opponents, the Bengals got blanked by the Colts, crushed by the Steelers, lost to the Chargers at home in last year's playoffs, and lost to the Texans in the 2 playoff years before. Cincy's only hope is to win the Division and play the Ravens, whom they beat both times. (This will not happen if my picks stand as they are.) So of course the Steelers will win.

What do you think? Do I have a potential Goose Egg?

Have a Merry Christmas everyone. 8)
Jonny B
8 Track

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:29 am

EDIT
Last edited by YoungJRNYfan on Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby Jonny B » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:43 am

Did I NOT say the Chiefs would ruin my attempt at a goose egg? :evil:

Friggin' Chargers with their strong December track record can't even beat a backup QB in his second start.
Jonny B
8 Track

Postby Memorex » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:22 pm

Sad day for me. Hope whoever we find as our coach can get us back to the playoffs. I know this next year will be hard with a lot of players leaving, but I can't go through another 20 year drought with this team knowing they let Harbaugh go.

A lot of people bag on him, but I like Harbaugh. I like the passion and the focus. I could give a rats ass about a coach's relationship with a team owner or manager. There are people I hate at work, but they are the right person for their role.

Anyway, Here's hoping we don't fall off the radar again.

All you fans who have teams still playing this year - best of luck. I think you all still have to get past my division to wear a ring this year. :)
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby slucero » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:51 pm

Gonna be a rebuilding era for the 9ers again..

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby slucero » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:22 am

nah.. he'll just cost the Lions another playoff game.. just like he did last time he got suspended..

Suh's contract is up this year, so this is a defining moment for the Lions.. they brought in coach Jim Caldwell to change the culture.. including Suh..

My bet is Suh is gone.. he' becoming a liability... Caldwell can't coach sportsmanship and keep Suh...

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby ebake02 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:46 pm

Anybody else not surprised that Kyle Orton decided to sneak out the back and "retire" unannounced?
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby Jonny B » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:36 am

For the record, if we're doing an unofficial Playoff Pick'ems as in previous years, my picks for the Wild Card are:

Cowboys, Panthers, Colts, Steelers.

No fancy reasoning. 8)
Jonny B
8 Track

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:21 am

Time to compare preseason predictions to end season results. Results in RED:

2014 predictions:

AFC EAST:
New England Patriots: 11-5; 12-4
New York Jets: 8-8; 4-12
Miami Dolphins: 6-10; 8-8
Buffalo Bills: 6-10; 9-7

AFC NORTH:
Baltimore Ravens: 9-7; 10-6
Pittsburgh Steelers: 9-7; 11-5
Cincinnati Bengals: 9-7; 10-5-1
Cleveland Browns: 6-10; 7-9

AFC South:
Indianapolis Colts: 10-6; 11-5
Tennessee Titans: 7-9; 2-14
Jacksonville Jaguars: 7-9; 3-13
Houston Texans: 4-12; 9-7

AFC West:
Denver Broncos: 13-3; 12-4
San Diego Chargers: 9-7; 9-7
Kansas City Chiefs: 9-7; 9-7
Oakland Raiders: 6-10; 3-13

1. Denver Broncos; New England Patriots
2. New England Patriots; Denver Broncos
3. Indianapolis Colts; Pittsburgh Steelers
4. Baltimore Ravens; Indianapolis Colts
--
5. San Diego Chargers; Cincinnati Bengals
6. Pittsburgh Steelers; Baltimore Ravens

------

NFC EAST:
Philadelphia Eagles: 12-4; 10-6
Washington Redskins: 9-7; 4-12
Dallas Cowboys: 8-8; 12-4
N.Y Giants: 7-9; 6-10

NFC NORTH:
Chicago Bears: 11-5; 5-11
Green Bay Packers: 11-5; 12-4
Detroit Lions: 8-8; 11-5
Minnesota Vikings: 7-9; 7-9

NFC South:
New Orleans Saints: 11-5; 7-9
Carolina Panthers: 9-7; 7-8-1
Atlanta Falcons: 9-7; 6-10
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 5-11; 2-14

NFC West:
Seattle Seahawks: 13-3; 12-4
San Francisco 49'ers: 10-6; 8-8
Arizona Cardinals: 9-7; 11-5
St.Louis Rams: 5-11; 6-10

1. Seattle Seahawks; Seattle Seahawks
2. Philadelphia Eagles; Green Bay Packers
3. New Orleans Saints; Dallas Cowboys
4. Chicago Bears; Carolina Panthers
--
5. Green Bay Packers; Arizona Cardinals
6. San Francisco 49'ers; Detroit Lions
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby Jonny B » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:25 am

I hope you'll forgive me YoungJRNY as I re-pasted your template and changed your predictions with my own. I've also added a few comments for each division.

Credit to YoungJRNY for the template. I've revised the numbers to reflect my predictions.

2014 predictions:

AFC EAST:
New England Patriots: 14-2; 12-4
New York Jets: 10-6; 4-12
Miami Dolphins: 3-13; 8-8
Buffalo Bills: 7-9; 9-7

The Pats made it look bad in the beginning, then they came true to form....The Jets had the season I expected them to have last year. I guess I was a little too optimistic that Geno Smith would have progressed enough to make up for the defensive deficiencies....I feel the Dolphins played well above their talent level this year. Big credit to Ryan Tannehill for stepping up and doing everything to make his team better....The Bills need to reevaluate how they look at QBs. They only have their first winning record since the Flutie era because of a now-retired veteran backup.

AFC NORTH:
Baltimore Ravens: 10-6; 10-6
Pittsburgh Steelers: 4-12; 11-5
Cincinnati Bengals: 10-6; 10-5-1
Cleveland Browns: 7-9; 7-9

I was almost spot on with this division, with one exception...I'll never underestimate the Steelers again. Le'vion Bell is a beast, and Antonio Brown has really stepped up his game in the last couple years. They're going to have a lot of winning seasons ahead of them.

AFC South:
Indianapolis Colts: 9-7; 11-5
Tennessee Titans: 3-13; 2-14
Jacksonville Jaguars: 6-10; 3-13
Houston Texans: 4-12; 9-7

I was not surprised at all to see the Colts wrap things up early. But the Texans, with QB turmoil that could unquestionably have been as suspect as last year, saw a huge turnaround solely because of J.J. Watt. This guy deserves the MVP.

AFC West:
Denver Broncos: 11-5; 12-4
San Diego Chargers: 10-6; 9-7
Kansas City Chiefs: 8-8; 9-7
Oakland Raiders: 4-12; 3-13

Yawn yawn Peyton Manning to another division crown. Now show us some playoff results....I was only off by 1 win for both the Chargers & Chiefs. If the Chargers hadn't screwed up in the last game, I would have got those records right as well.

1. New England Patriots; New England Patriots
2. Denver Broncos; Denver Broncos
3. Indianapolis Colts; Pittsburgh Steelers
4. Baltimore Ravens; Indianapolis Colts
--
5. New York Jets; Cincinnati Bengals
6. San Diego Chargers; Baltimore Ravens

------

NFC EAST:
Philadelphia Eagles: 10-6; 10-6
Washington Redskins: 8-8; 4-12
Dallas Cowboys: 2-14; 12-4
N.Y Giants: 5-11; 6-10

Cowboys prediction was based on Romo's back and the lack of defensive upgrades. Apparently, he's in great shape, and the Cowboys have shown how important it is to have a strong running game and a solid offensive line. I feel they could truly challenge the Seahawks for the NFC crown, if assuming they meet up....I'm actually quite surprised the Eagles got to my predicted record with Mark Sanchez at the helm. My prediction gives them the division. The actual results knocked them out of the playoffs.

NFC NORTH:
Chicago Bears: 8-8; 5-11
Green Bay Packers: 8-8; 12-4
Detroit Lions: 9-7; 11-5
Minnesota Vikings: 8-8; 7-9

The biggest key for the Pack was that they stayed healthy. My prediction was based on the lack of depth and the brittleness of the starters that they've shown over the years. Lesson learned. Never count out Aaron Rodgers....I don't know how the Lions got the record they have with an offense that regressed over the course of the season. They are more capable than that. They could be a dark horse if their offense starts kicking in like it did last year.

NFC South:
New Orleans Saints: 10-6; 7-9
Carolina Panthers: 5-11; 7-8-1
Atlanta Falcons: 6-10; 6-10
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 9-7; 2-14

Putridness aside, the Panthers did an awesome job storming back and getting into the playoffs.

NFC West:
Seattle Seahawks: 14-2; 12-4
San Francisco 49'ers: 8-8; 8-8
Arizona Cardinals: 11-5; 11-5
St.Louis Rams: 8-8; 6-10

The 9'ers slid, the Cards got the one extra win they needed with a lot less QB talent, and the road still goes through Seattle.

1. Seattle Seahawks; Seattle Seahawks
2. Philadelphia Eagles; Green Bay Packers
3. New Orleans Saints; Dallas Cowboys
4. Detroit Lions; Carolina Panthers
--
5. Arizona Cardinals; Arizona Cardinals
6. Tampa Bay Buccaneers; Detroit Lions[/quote]
Jonny B
8 Track

Postby Jonny B » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:10 am

I take it nobody's going to do an unofficial Playoff Pick'em this year?

I've already posted these, but I'll list them again. My picks for the Wild Card are Cowboys, Panthers, Steelers, Colts. No fancy reasons or explanations.
Jonny B
8 Track

Postby RedWingFan » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:14 pm

Good call putting Roethlisburger back in the game. Gradkowski would have gotten them into the end zone. They should run tomlin out of town for that stupidity.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:39 am

Good season. Good game AR. Good luck to everyones teams left in the playoffs. 8)
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby AR » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:59 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Good season. Good game AR. Good luck to everyones teams left in the playoffs. 8)

Thanks bro. I really thought your guys were going to win going away. Ravens secondary is so depleted. I underestimated the Ravens front 7 I guess.

Love the Steelers/Ravens rivalry. Best in football in my opinion.
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Memorex » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:26 am

Fact Finder wrote:Ah...the Bungs we all know and love showed up again today. 4 years in a row with 4 of the most boring playoff football games I've ever watched. Totally devoid of excitement. Well, at least my Pot Roast and Potato Soup was killer. :D

Sucked. I wanted them to do much better. Frustrating.
Memorex
Stereo LP

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara