Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:07 pm

It was actually pretty good. Bulletproof. I'll re-visit it for practice. :D

YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:14 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:Here we go again. Prove it. Why are their names anywhere near Aquaman, WW84 and The Flash? They don't have to be. It's not done as a courtesy.

This is standard Hollywood procedure. It's just a contractual thing. I really have to assume you are extremely young or naive.

You keep saying that. You must be a fan of the adage "a lie told enough times becomes truth." :lol:

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Do you also think Romero really produced the remake of The Crazies? Or Carpenter produced the remake of The Thing?

You'd have better success pulling the waistband of your tighty-whities over your head. Those examples are such reaches, I'm sitting here trying to not spit coffee. Romero made The Crazies in 1973. For the remake, he got a check. Carpenter made his Thing revamp in 1982. For that shitty 2010 redo, he got a check. You're bringing up resurrected movies, not an active, ongoing franchise.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:More to the point, do you think Nolan had any involvement with BvsS or JL?

Nolan moved on after MoS and he never tried to say he wasn't. Not the same thing. Do you know what he was doing right after MoS? Making Interstellar, which came out the year after.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:17 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:In every interview, Jason Momoa continues to say "Whatever you see in this film, is all owed to Zack Snyder. The things that were cut in Justice League we saved for my film but credit goes to Zack for his collaboration with James." And the same can be said with Jenkins' Wonder Woman. Zack had a huge hand in orchestrating 'Wonder Woman' and coming up with a lot of beats to that story. WW was Patty's in the end and she made a few minor changes, but Zack is going to be an executive producer on WW84 and he posted such on Vero. He's still involved.

Neal mentions Perry alot too. He hasn't been involved with the band in a century.

Now you're just trolling for the sake of trolling. Zack co-conceived the story for Wonder Woman. Zack had a lot of input on Aquaman and will continue to have input. What's he's not doing is directing any more CBMs for Warner Bros.

Perry. Sheesh. Dude, start listening to other bands. :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:19 pm

Nolan and Goyer took Man of Steel to the studio. Zack had to convince Nolan of creative decision's and Snyder had to get Nolan's blessing for Batman. The dude has major pull and say for the studio and what is/isn't allowed to be greenlit. Nolan's word is highly regarded.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:22 pm

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Nolan and Goyer took Man of Steel to the studio. Zack had to convince Nolan of creative decision's and Snyder had to get Nolan's blessing for Batman. The dude has major pull and say for the studio and what is/isn't allowed to be greenlit. Nolan's word is highly regarded.

Nolan also said by the end, Goyer and Snyder had him on the same page for Zod's demise. He was converted.

Recently, Zack has stated Faora is NOT dead. I'd love to see her come back to shake things up.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:26 pm

verslibre wrote:Recently, Zack has stated Faora is NOT dead. I'd love to see her come back to shake things up.

YES, PLEASE:

YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:29 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:As soon as Reeves has Batman up and running, that will become the main cash cow. Many characters will be ignored completely. In other words, don't hold your breath for a Cyborg movie anytime soon.

I'll take your word for it since you just got off the phone with Emmerich.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:The DCEU Universe will be Trinity heavy. It will rebuild around Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman while the DC Dark label will bring in the Elseworld; darker versions of these characters.

You have no idea. If you had your finger on the pulse of the DCEU you would have been calling many of the firings/demotions before they happened. You are just a constant cheerleader in the face of impending doom.

How would the franchise not revolve around DC's three principal properties? Wonder Woman is the most popular female super-character. But I'll take your word for it since you just got off the phone with Hamada

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:Hard to do that when Christopher Nolan wanted nothing to do with an open world concept and wanted his trilogy to act as bookends to his story. This would have been badass and THEE way to go, but it just wasn't in the cards.

Nonsense. That's like saying Tim Burton owned the character. WB should have just made another Bat flick and kept the dark tone. Gradually, expand the universe from there.

To append TDKT would be to devalue it. How you're unable, or unwilling, to acknowledge that is telling. 2013-2014 would have been too soon for another Batman film with a different actor in the role. It would be like recasting Gal Gadot already.
Last edited by verslibre on Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:31 pm

YoungJRNYfan wrote:
verslibre wrote:Recently, Zack has stated Faora is NOT dead. I'd love to see her come back to shake things up.

YES, PLEASE:

That would be awesome if she escaped and that served as the cliffhanger for the next Superman film. Those suits designs gave me serious wood.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:38 pm

That would be FIRE! I'm very curious though what direction they're going to take. They have many options but I really do think the Shazam! and Superman universe's are going to collide. Henry said there's inner-workings for that to happen as we speak behind closed doors. The question then becomes if Superman will assist or lead the charge in the Shazam! franchise and go for something different in his standalone film. They can play with a lot of things. Creative/directors have a source of information and imagination right at their fingertips. It'll be a fresh direction.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:46 pm

Black Adam (Dwayne Johnson) had better show up eventually, too. DJ's movies are hit-or-miss but he puts asses in seats. And you know that confrontation will be macho grande. Superman-Zod Part Deux.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:56 pm

verslibre wrote:Black Adam (Dwayne Johnson) had better show up eventually, too. DJ's movies are hit-or-miss but he puts asses in seats. And you know that confrontation will be macho grande. Superman-Zod Part Deux.

After you get past the fappening to the interviewers bonerishish legs, check this out:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GbTmB6oILuY
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby RedWingFan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:26 pm

YoungJRNYfan wrote:They gave in and the result was the mindbogglingly and incredibly stupid Justice League reshoots by a Marvel reject who can't frame a shot for the life of him. JL was truly a hack reshot by a true hack. DC is going to the more classic/standalone philosophy with their classic hero's and their films are going to be an arrange of tones in the genre but I would think that Matt Reeves' The Batman is going to be a BADASS addition to the Bat Universe. You won't see the "course correction" bullshit to what Joss did to Batfleck. That shit was an ABOMINATION.

Translation: "I know he broke my orbital bone in 3 places and my jaw in 2. But I didn't have dinner ready and I was partly to blame. He's a really great guy and just been under a lot of stress. As soon as he passed his drug test and gets a job things will get so much better, you just watch and see. We are going to be a badass couple."
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:54 pm

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:25 pm

YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:32 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:26 pm

YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:28 pm

#ReleasetheSnyderCut
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:01 pm

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:06 pm

verslibre wrote:You keep saying that. You must be a fan of the adage "a lie told enough times becomes truth." :lol:

As already mentioned, Nolan is credited as a producer on JL. No involvement. Do you think Stan Lee is really the producer on any of the Marvel films? Same thing with Snyder. It's a pro-forma credit. Happens all the time.

verslibre wrote:You'd have better success pulling the waistband of your tighty-whities over your head. Those examples are such reaches, I'm sitting here trying to not spit coffee. Romero made The Crazies in 1973. For the remake, he got a check. Carpenter made his Thing revamp in 1982. For that shitty 2010 redo, he got a check. You're bringing up resurrected movies, not an active, ongoing franchise.

Thanks for proving my point. In many cases, producing credits mean NOTHING. It's a contractual thing. Snyder is not involved with DC cinematic universe in any meaningful way.

verslibre wrote:Nolan moved on after MoS and he never tried to say he wasn't. Not the same thing.

Yes, Nolan moved on and he still received producing credit. Similarly, Snyder was shown the door by WB security and he will still get a credit.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:21 pm

verslibre wrote:To append TDKT would be to devalue it. How you're unable, or unwilling, to acknowledge that is telling. 2013-2014 would have been too soon for another Batman film with a different actor in the role. It would be like recasting Gal Gadot already.

Imo Batman films should be churned out every 2-3 years, just like Bond was/is. Marvel is replicating this model. Black Panther was still in theaters when Infinity War came out.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby verslibre » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:42 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:To append TDKT would be to devalue it. How you're unable, or unwilling, to acknowledge that is telling. 2013-2014 would have been too soon for another Batman film with a different actor in the role. It would be like recasting Gal Gadot already.

Imo Batman films should be churned out every 2-3 years, just like Bond was/is. Marvel is replicating this model. Black Panther was still in theaters when Infinity War came out.

Ant-Man's coming out this week, and Infinity War is still in theaters. Which has nothing to do with anything, especially a movie with another character that comes out every 2-4 years. :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:45 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:You keep saying that. You must be a fan of the adage "a lie told enough times becomes truth." :lol:

As already mentioned, Nolan is credited as a producer on JL. No involvement. Do you think Stan Lee is really the producer on any of the Marvel films? Same thing with Snyder. It's a pro-forma credit. Happens all the time.

That poor dead rocking horse.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:You'd have better success pulling the waistband of your tighty-whities over your head. Those examples are such reaches, I'm sitting here trying to not spit coffee. Romero made The Crazies in 1973. For the remake, he got a check. Carpenter made his Thing revamp in 1982. For that shitty 2010 redo, he got a check. You're bringing up resurrected movies, not an active, ongoing franchise.

Thanks for proving my point. In many cases, producing credits mean NOTHING. It's a contractual thing. Snyder is not involved with DC cinematic universe in any meaningful way.

Ah, no. What I did was point out how your using examples of '70s movies getting remade, which typically (but not always) result in royalty payments, has nothing to do with the Snyders' ongoing involvement.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:Nolan moved on after MoS and he never tried to say he wasn't. Not the same thing.

Yes, Nolan moved on and he still received producing credit. Similarly, Snyder was shown the door by WB security and he will still get a credit.

If he was shown the door by WB security (I know you're joking), why does he still have an office on the lot? (That part's not a joke.)
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:03 pm

verslibre wrote:Ant-Man's coming out this week, and Infinity War is still in theaters.

Ok. So?

verslibre wrote:Which has nothing to do with anything, especially a movie with another character that comes out every 2-4 years. :lol:

Seems Marvel can handle multiple franchise properties involving the same characters being released concurrently.
Yet you are saying that DC could not afford to do another Bat soon after the Nolan/Bale run. Which is bullshit.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:11 pm

verslibre wrote:That poor dead rocking horse.

That should be DC films new logo. A dead rotting jackass swarming with black eyed maggots.

verslibre wrote:Ah, no. What I did was point out how your using examples of '70s movies getting remade, which typically (but not always) result in royalty payments, has nothing to do with the Snyders' ongoing involvement.

All of my examples (Carpenter, Stan Lee, Romero, Nolan) were credited as producers (and in some cases exec producers) yet their involvement was in-name-only. They were not listed as "royalty payment receiver." Again, you are just proving my point that the title of producer often means NOTHING.

verslibre wrote:If he was shown the door by WB security (I know you're joking), why does he still have an office on the lot? (That part's not a joke.)

Umm, Snyder's last film was shot on his cell phone. His career is DOA. Maybe he can do another CGI flick about talking owls.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby verslibre » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:47 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:Ant-Man's coming out this week, and Infinity War is still in theaters.

Ok. So?

Exactly my reaction to your "IW out while BP still in theaters" comment.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:Which has nothing to do with anything, especially a movie with another character that comes out every 2-4 years. :lol:

Seems Marvel can handle multiple franchise properties involving the same characters being released concurrently.

Neither Ant-Man nor Wasp are in Infinity War. Some people were disappointed at Black Panther's limited involvement in Infinity War. But they weren't about to go back and shoot a bunch of peripheral T'challa yak scenes to wedge in there. They didn't know Black Panther would be as successful a movie as it's now known. Captain America had less screen time than anticipated, and just like Civil War, Iron Man again got too much.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Yet you are saying that DC could not afford to do another Bat soon after the Nolan/Bale run. Which is bullshit.

SMH. Those movies are still rated higher, critically speaking, than anything Marvel's done. Releasing a Batman movie in 2013 with a new actor would've been stupid. It would have only cheapened the franchise and probably pissed off fans, too. Think about it.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:47 pm

Lewis Tann has officially met with WB about Chris McKay's 'Nightwing' film.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:50 pm

verslibre wrote:Think about it.

Bro..baby steps :lol:
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:02 pm

YoungJRNYfan wrote:
verslibre wrote:Think about it.

Bro..baby steps :lol:

You have to use a smoker, like they do when they're calming down the bees after opening a hive. :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:21 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:That poor dead rocking horse.

That should be DC films new logo. A dead rotting jackass swarming with black eyed maggots.

That might be Swamp Thing's logo. That would be pretty cool. Wan said it's going to be a horror show more than a superhero show. Right on, Garth!

The_Noble_Cause wrote:All of my examples (Carpenter, Stan Lee, Romero, Nolan) were credited as producers (and in some cases exec producers) yet their involvement was in-name-only. They were not listed as "royalty payment receiver." Again, you are just proving my point that the title of producer often means NOTHING.

You just like the sound of your voice (you said you "talk" all these posts into your device). :lol:

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Umm, Snyder's last film was shot on his cell phone.

And? That's a serious question, btw. He shot a cool short film on his iPhone that got people oo'ing and aa'ing. His visuals are next-level. He knows how to frame a shot better than 90% of the other directors currently working.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:His career is DOA. Maybe he can do another CGI flick about talking owls.

Zack's next movie is The Fountainhead. Zack and Deb have a first-look deal with WB for Cruel and Unusual Films, and The Last Photograph is also on the burner.

Joss is twiddling his thumbs since Batgirl got taken from him. (Now there's something you can go confirm.)
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:39 pm

Wow, been a while since I read this...

First, Bond. From what I remember, when Roger Moore was winding down his career, Pierce Brosnan was in Rem,ington Steele and was a natural for the role. He didn't take it because he didn't want to be type cast...which I always thought was a stupid move.

Timoth Dalton was a "meh" Bond, IMO. He just didn't fit the part as well as he should have.

By the time Pierce took the role, his steam was gone. He did an OK job but if he would have taken it years earlier, he could have been as iconic as Connery or Moore. As I said, he was a natural. Remmington Steele was practicaly the same character type.

Then you all got into "For Her Majesty's Secret Service", which, frankly, most people barely recongnize. You may as well throw in "Never Say Never Again" and "Ffolks"...and, IMO, "Ffolks" is probably the least known but is the better story and film of the three.

Then you argue about ratings and nudity and whatever. Did you any of you stop to think that nudity, language, and violence allowed in a PG movie back prior to the PG-13 was different than today? Most of that stuff would have to be cut to be allowed in a PG movie today.

but, whatever...none of this really had anything to do with CD or comic book films in general.
Monker
MP3

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara