'Worlds of DC' THREAD

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:31 am

Since the "DC Extended Universe" was a name a journalist called the DC Cinematic Universe, it was never official and the studio never referred to the universe as such. WB/DC has officially named their DCU, called "Worlds of DC" so the re-brand is here, thus, the new thread.

It looks like Walter Hamada is already tightening the ship and only focusing on movies that are in their pipeline. Building good will with the audience one film at a time is the way to go and they will be coming out with a multitude of different films and tones in their library over time with loose continuity connecting certain films and franchise's.

DC FINALLY NAMES ITS MOVIE BRAND - COMIC-CON 2018
http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/07/21/ ... c-con-2018

Aquaman Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDkg3h8PCVU

Shazam! trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go6GEIrcvFY

Wonder Woman 1984:
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:38 am

Couldn't you just change the title of the first thread?
When "Worlds of DC" crashes and burns like the previous Snyder-centric cinematic efforts, will you make another thread?

This thread should just be deleted tbh.
It's just a transparent attempt by humiliated DC fans to re-write history and start fresh.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:48 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Couldn't you just change the title of the first thread?

I tried that first, but didn't see an option to change the title or I would have. :idea:

When "Worlds of DC" crashes and burns like the previous Snyder-centric cinematic efforts, will you make another thread?

I'm glad we're off to a troll..I mean good start :lol: You're just being difficult to be difficult.

It's just a transparent attempt by humiliated DC fans to re-write history and start fresh.

It's not that hard. 'Worlds of DC' brings EVERYTHING into the picture. Film, animation, comics, streaming..everything. Nothing is being re-written. We did this before. We started in the 'Man of Steel thread' and then that went to the 'DC Extended Universe THREAD' and now that WB/DC has officially set a name for everything, it's 'Worlds of DC.' Suck it up buttercup.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:02 am

Director of Shazam! just posted this:

YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:06 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:It's just a transparent attempt by humiliated DC fans to re-write history and start fresh.

You're just putting off telling us how much you love the Shazam! trailer.

Sandberg has to be pleased with the overall reaction. Even the usual DC haters over on Hype aren't hating on it. Some are even looking forward to it more than Aquaman. Right now more people now know Zack Levi as Shazam, not Fandral. ("What's a Fandral?")

Both trailers are loaded with money shots. "Billy Batson...I choose you...as champion!" His backward plunge after "Flight Test 1." "Your phone's charged! Your phone's charged!" The transformation at 2:25. "You're welcome for not getting robbed!" And then we didn't even see Dr. Sivana (Mark Strong, who's good at anything he does) do his stuff. And in lieu of an adult who acts like a kid (that guy currently playing Peter Parker), we get kids who CAN act.

Best Aquaman trailer moments: "Permission to come aboard!"; Black Manta (color me fanboy); that glimpse of the Trench (that throng of fish monstermen diving after Mera and Arthur); and any frame with Mera in it, because that is one hawt babe. The CGI-scapes look intense, and will enjoy a few more months of refinement.

Wan showed a second trailer that we don't yet get, that has more Black Manta action (drool) and Aquaman's legacy suit reveal.

Grace loved it: "A surfer to the throne exists!" :lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKxCHzyzR2s
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:34 am

verslibre wrote:Best Aquaman trailer moments: "Permission to come aboard!";

Thought that was pretty lame to be honest.
I think both trailers look good.
However, after Suicide Squad, audiences may be once bitten, twice shy when it pertains to DC properties.
Suicide Squad had a great trailer and nothing else.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:43 am

Shazam! going to be smack dab in the middle of the events of what already happened in the DCU. Levi said stuff like how they're literally watching television newscasts of Batman and Superman fighting, etc.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Fandango/sta ... 5526726657
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:17 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Shazam! going to be smack dab in the middle of the events of what already happened in the DCU. Levi said stuff like how they're literally watching television newscasts of Batman and Superman fighting, etc.

"DC is rapidly distancing themselves from Zack Snyder." :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:18 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:Best Aquaman trailer moments: "Permission to come aboard!";

Thought that was pretty lame to be honest.

Compared to what? Erik Killmonger going WAZZUP!! :lol:

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Suicide Squad had a great trailer and nothing else.

They also messed with Ayer's movie. They're not going to do that with Wan. They asked him to do some reshoots in order to feature the legacy suit. That's it.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:28 am

Why tf is Zackary Levi referencing the "DCEU"? Doesn't he know WB has placed a gag order on the term? :lol: :lol:

https://twitter.com/Fandango/status/1020847145526726657
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:29 am

2019 is a huge year for DC. We are going from only one DC film in 2018 (AQUAMAN) to:

-------
Shazam, April 5

Joker, October 4

WW84, November 1st

THREE.

Gearin' up the comeback tour. 8)
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:39 am

SyFy's Krypton: Season 2 will NOT ONLY bring Brainiac back...but is also introducing the 'Main Man' himself..

..LOBO!

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/dc/kr ... ed-a162360

Fuck to the yes.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:48 am

That merits a HO-LEE SHEE-IT :!:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:52 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:2019 is a huge year for DC. We are going from only one DC film in 2018 (AQUAMAN) to:

-------
Shazam, April 5

Joker, October 4

WW84, November 1st

THREE.

Gearin' up the comeback tour. 8)

3-4 films in the space of a year is much better than one.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:09 am

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:35 am

verslibre wrote:Compared to what? Erik Killmonger going WAZZUP!! :lol:

No idea who or what you're talking about.
Back to Aquaman....I thought Momoa's delivery of that line was very forced and hammy.

verslibre wrote:They also messed with Ayer's movie. They're not going to do that with Wan. They asked him to do some reshoots in order to feature the legacy suit. That's it.

From at least a visual standpoint, Snyder was as well respected as Wan at one point. How did that work out?
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:39 am

verslibre wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:Shazam! going to be smack dab in the middle of the events of what already happened in the DCU. Levi said stuff like how they're literally watching television newscasts of Batman and Superman fighting, etc.

"DC is rapidly distancing themselves from Zack Snyder." :lol:

A rep for Snyder stated that he never even watched Justice League.
So even if DC isn't distancing themselves from Snyder (which, in fact, they are), Snyder is distancing himself from them.
But please, go on living a lie pretending that Snyder and DC are about to re-collaborate any day now.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby verslibre » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:37 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:Compared to what? Erik Killmonger going WAZZUP!! :lol:

No idea who or what you're talking about.

Get back to me after you watch Black Panther and you have an idea.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:From at least a visual standpoint, Snyder was as well respected as Wan at one point. How did that work out?

Snyder's visuals are next-level. Nothing lost there. The bad crap in Justice League is Whedon's. What's your point?
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:43 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:So even if DC isn't distancing themselves from Snyder (which, in fact, they are), Snyder is distancing himself from them. But please, go on living a lie pretending that Snyder and DC are about to re-collaborate any day now.

Nobody says Zack's directing another DC film. What you keep saying is that DC is pretending Snyder's contributions don't exist. Except for all the elements intrinsic to each film that confirm they're set in the same universe previously established ca. 2013-2017.

On top of that, there are two distinct shots, one from each trailer, that echo things seen before:

I. The shot where Aquaman breaks the pirate's blade. It's shot at the exact same angle as Batman breaking the Parademons's weapon in Justice League.

II. The shot where Shazam's punch is blocked by Dr. Sivana. Again, shown at the same angle where Batman blocks Superman's punch in BvS. Levi does his own take on Cavill's wtf expression, too.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:56 am

verslibre wrote:Get back to me after you watch Black Panther and you have an idea.

Saw it months ago. Offhand, I don't remember that line or character's name. I thought we were discussing the Aquaman trailer. Seems you can't discuss anything without quickly trying to change the subject.

verslibre wrote:Snyder's visuals are next-level. Nothing lost there. The bad crap in Justice League is Whedon's. What's your point?

The point is, neither Wan or Snyder are Spielberg and neither are being given carte blanche by the studio. One DC franchise fuck up and Wan is done.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:58 am

verslibre wrote:Nobody says Zack's directing another DC film. What you keep saying is that DC is pretending Snyder's contributions don't exist. Except for all the elements intrinsic to each film that confirm they're set in the same universe previously established ca. 2013-2017.

I'm not saying that. DC is saying that. If they valued Snyder's contributions, he wouldn't have been fired from JL.

verslibre wrote:On top of that, there are two distinct shots, one from each trailer, that echo things seen before:

I. The shot where Aquaman breaks the pirate's blade. It's shot at the exact same angle as Batman breaking the Parademons's weapon in Justice League.

II. The shot where Shazam's punch is blocked by Dr. Sivana. Again, shown at the same angle where Batman blocks Superman's punch in BvS. Levi does his own take on Cavill's wtf expression, too.

This is such hair-splitting minutia. Similar choreographed moves is now tantamount to the Snyderverse being a success? Get a life, dude. :roll:
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby verslibre » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:28 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
verslibre wrote:Get back to me after you watch Black Panther and you have an idea.

Saw it months ago. Offhand, I don't remember that line or character's name.

:lol: Dude, he's only the antagonist who shows up to drop-kick T'Challa. I guess you didn't find much there to talk about? You go out of your way to pounce on DC. Where's your review of Black Panther?

The_Noble_Cause wrote:I thought we were discussing the Aquaman trailer. Seems you can't discuss anything without quickly trying to change the subject.

Because you don't like it when somebody else does it. I was showing you how one movie's line is much better than an impromptu Wassup!

The_Noble_Cause wrote:One DC franchise fuck up and Wan is done.

Bollocks. Wan's filmography has banked considerably more than Zack's from a gross/profit pov. I've no problem pointing that out. But it's not just that. His horror films have been for the most part very, very well-received. He has no fewer than FIVE honest hits: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/people/chart/?view=Director&id=jameswan.htm

It'd take a lot more than one disappointment to flatline Wan's career. Martin Campbell didn't flee to the hills in shame, cloaked as a druid, after the masses threw their torches into the pit with the TC of Green Lantern. :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:32 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:I'm not saying that. DC is saying that. If they valued Snyder's contributions, he wouldn't have been fired from JL.

But you just made an inference that we're waiting to hear that Zack may direct another CBM for DC. Now you're jumping over to his alleged fire (already since disproven). What's with the jump! jump! around! :lol:

The_Noble_Cause wrote:This is such hair-splitting minutia.

It's not minutiae when it jumps out at you, keen observer. :mrgreen:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:11 am

verslibre wrote::lol: Dude, he's only the antagonist who shows up to drop-kick T'Challa. I guess you didn't find much there to talk about? You go out of your way to pounce on DC. Where's your review of Black Panther?

Pretty sure I did post my thoughts on BP to the forum If you're interested, search for it.
But again, the topic was the Aquaman trailer....

verslibre wrote:Because you don't like it when somebody else does it. I was showing you how one movie's line is much better than an impromptu Wassup!

You didn't "show" anything.
I gave feedback on the Aquaman trailer and then you start spouting lines from a totally different movie.
It's funny, in your head you seem to think you are the Oxford debate club champion. In reality tho, you argue like a piss-soaked schizo homeless man.

verslibre wrote:Bollocks. Wan's filmography has banked considerably more than Zack's from a gross/profit pov. I've no problem pointing that out.

Fast and Furious certainly raised his profile. I would say him and Snyder were pretty much equal. Wan is still not really a household name.

verslibre wrote:But it's not just that. His horror films have been for the most part very, very well-received. He has no fewer than FIVE honest hits: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/people/chart/?view=Director&id=jameswan.htm

Ok...
I thought Dead Silence and Death Sentence were excellent. Both box office bombs. What is your point here?

verslibre wrote:It'd take a lot more than one disappointment to flatline Wan's career. Martin Campbell didn't flee to the hills in shame, cloaked as a druid, after the masses threw their torches into the pit with the TC of Green Lantern. :lol:

I'm not talking about Wan's overall career being done. I am talking about his future with DC. After Snyder's costly missteps, DC can no longer afford second and third chances at bat.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:20 am

verslibre wrote:But you just made an inference that we're waiting to hear that Zack may direct another CBM for DC.

You keep posting how DC is standing firmly and proudly behind Zack's universe.
If so, why was he shown the door?
If they love his vision, why is he no longer a part of it?
These are very simple questions....

verslibre wrote:Now you're jumping over to his alleged fire (already since disproven).

Actually his firing was confirmed by multiple sources.
His departure was also obvious PR spin as soon as it was announced.
But then again, in 2006 we had people on these forums that believed that Augeri was just on temporary vocal rest and would return to the band..
Some people can detect bullshit. Others are lobotomized cultist assholes like you.

verslibre wrote:It's not minutiae when it jumps out at you, keen observer. :mrgreen:

I ask again, if the references to Snyder's vision are so obvious and blatant, why isn't he directing any further projects for DC?
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby RedWingFan » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:06 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:It's funny, in your head you seem to think you are the Oxford debate club champion. In reality tho, you argue like a piss-soaked schizo homeless man.

LMFAO!!!! This is a great example of great comedy being rooted in truth!
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:51 am

Oh, look, confirmation of a DC film to begin principal photography on January 15.

https://thegww.com/our-report-that-wbs-birds-of-prey-will-shoot-in-california-confirmed/
Last edited by verslibre on Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:52 am

RedWingFan wrote:LMFAO!!!! This is a great example of great comedy being rooted in truth!

It's so cute you look up to him like the big brother who does all your fighting for you because your burns all suck. :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:10 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Pretty sure I did post my thoughts on BP to the forum If you're interested, search for it.

Oh, I did. And you're full of it. This is the last thing you wrote, on April 25:

The_Noble_Cause wrote:On an unrelated note, I really need to see Black Panther before it leaves theaters.

^And I remember when you wrote that, anyway. Nothing since. Wanna post your thoughts on the film?

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Fast and Furious certainly raised his profile. I would say him and Snyder were pretty much equal. Wan is still not really a household name.

I swear, you got nothing. James broke in with the first Saw. That became a cult hit overnight.

And how about The Conjuring and The Conjuring 2? Look at their budgets, then look at what they brought in. Then look at their ratings. They were hits. But thanks for ignoring hard data even I after I provided the link. :lol:

The_Noble_Cause wrote:I thought Dead Silence and Death Sentence were excellent. Both box office bombs. What is your point here?

You're hilarious. Your arguing really stinks, man. You pick his two oldest films, after Saw, the two which weren't hits, to prop up your bullshit. So why ignore everything from 2011-2016 minus Furious 7? Because that's the only billion dollar movie on his resume? Are you really like all the other self-deluded shills who think that ">1,000,000,000" is less than successful now? Your ass just wants to see DC fail, and you still fail to provide a concrete reason why beyond "Zak $$ux, dood!"

The_Noble_Cause wrote:I'm not talking about Wan's overall career being done. I am talking about his future with DC. After Snyder's costly missteps, DC can no longer afford second and third chances at bat.

David Sandberg, Shazam! director, already laughed off silliness such as yours on Twitter. Somebody went "What if Shazam! bombs?" and he replied "Then I guess I'll go back to making horror movies." No attitude, no nothing. These guys are working their dream jobs, while cubicle farmers like you are mad-posting all day long to generate hatorade. :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:27 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:You keep posting how DC is standing firmly and proudly behind Zack's universe.
If so, why was he shown the door?

You can't be shown the door when you yield and say "Fine, you assholes do with it as you please."

See how James Gunn just got fired? THAT is what a termination looks like. Headlines spared no expense. It's even been on TV news.

Why is Zack's office still located on the WB lot? I mentioned that to you previously. You ignored it then, and I'm sure you will now.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:If they love his vision, why is he no longer a part of it?

A) Why did James Wan and Zack Snyder have discussions re: Aquaman's thematic material? (Which I've posted.)

B) Why does Shazam! reference the events of MoS and BvS? I really doubt that was a requirement from the higher-ups.

C) Why would you expect Zack to sit there and micro-manage another director's project? He's not an asshole. The studio tried to do that to him and he told them to fuck off and he bailed. Plus, his daughter died. He didn't need that shit. Why do you hate grieving fathers? You are one sick fucker.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:[These are very simple questions...

To which there are simple answers, but your selectiveness prevents you from getting the full picture. That's your problem.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Actually his firing was confirmed by multiple sources.

Conjectural bullshit and speculation from shit rags like Heroic Hollywood that are always jonesing for a scoop of any kind.

Search results include the keywords "reportedly" and "rumor" and the same thing rephrased as a question: "Was...?"

Nothing there in the way of a hard confirm, sorry.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:His departure was also obvious PR spin as soon as it was announced.

O RLY? Why does Zack deserve PR spin while Lord & Miller and Gunn do not? That makes no sense.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:But then again, in 2006 we had people on these forums that believed that Augeri was just on temporary vocal rest and would return to the band.

You really gotta stop dwelling on Journey. Your nostalgia is a crutch.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Some people can detect bullshit. Others are lobotomized cultist assholes like you.

And then there's you, the jaded delusional egotist popping 5HR Energy all day long to keep up with me. :lol:

The_Noble_Cause wrote:I ask again, if the references to Snyder's vision are so obvious and blatant, why isn't he directing any further projects for DC?

You can find him on Vero. One possible answer: he's not interested.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Next

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara