Lora wrote:I don't feel it's my place to reveal too much,

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Re: Steve Perry announces new music and forthcoming album, '

Postby scarab » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:07 am

tater1977 wrote:
scarab wrote:Havent listened to this yet, but he has a sit down interview with KQRS here locally. Be curious if was in studio.

http://www.92kqrs.com/2018/08/15/interv ... eve-perry/

He was there. There's 4 or 5 photos on the page.

Great interview, heard the very end of the first part of his interview on KQRS driving down my driveway going to work.
Was in disbelief. Caught maybe a minute then went into DSB and said second half would air at 9:10. Great to hear all the second half live. After coming home and getting the on demand of the whole thing I thought wow, what a great interview.

Reason I was wondering he was live in Studio at KQ in Minneapolis is that Tom Bernard was in Chicago over the weekend.
It would be unbelievable that he flew into the Twin Cities for this. But hell...his first encore with the Eels was in Saint Paul.
Which I can literally "bike" downtown SP in 10 min.

listened to the lead up/after interview on KQ
I guess this was edited from an hour, this is reminding me of our own Wombat's interview with Steve when it lasted on and on.
In the 30+ years I have listened to the KQ morning show I have never heard a two part 30 minute interview.
Closest to this is when they spent maybe 15 min with Jimmy Page.

http://www.92kqrs.com/podcast/ go to part 2 May 15th
And yeah, his sidekick is the awesome Michele Tafoya from NFL Sunday Night Football.

Another Edit, he mentions it was recorded Monday. So, yeah, damn! he was here.

Last edit, full interview.
http://www.tombarnardpodcast.com/
Last edited by scarab on Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Arkansas » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:11 am

Lora wrote:
tater1977 wrote:Great to hear some history on the LP's cover.

I hope he eventually explains the imagery on the cover. It is SO DEEP and complex and everything there has a meaning. Most people are only looking at the front cover and not the whole image. I hope a high res image of the entire album shows up so you can really see all the detail.

Maybe a FanAsylum contest in the works?

later~
Arkansas
Stereo LP

Postby slucero » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:26 am

Lora wrote:
perryfan61 wrote:
tater1977 wrote:He’s back! It’s true! Steve Perry, aka “The Voice” and former singer of Journey… is… back!
In fact, Steve Perry did an exclusive, intimate interview this morning on Lite Rock 105! Did you hear it?
Steve especially wanted to share the big comeback news with Lite Rock 105’s Heather Gersten (Perry)
after learning that she’s a really big fan…

http://www.literock105fm.com/2018/08/15 ... eve-perry/

- listen to audio
18.11 length

SP says they are talking about a small tour and may look up some old musicians.

Great interview!! She's a true fan ,very emotional about hearing his voice again. I can definitely relate.

This is my favorite interview so far. :)

Mine too... he sounds soooo open... not as guarded as he was for all those years...

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby Pacfanweb » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:22 pm

tater1977 wrote:Here's as high of a res of the whole artwork as I've found - for your decoding pleasure...:

Steve said the white shih tzu there is Kellie's dog.
I see the drum sets now with this photo and his gpa's barn
and the turkeys.[/quote]

Those are buzzards eating a carcass. Not turkeys.
Pacfanweb
45 RPM

Re: Steve Perry Interviews

Postby tater1977 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:28 pm

Steve Perry Is Back! Interview On Bay FM

By Bruce Scott / Aug 15, 2018

https://www.945bayfm.com/steve-perry-is-back-exclusive-interview-on-bay-fm/

- audio interview
12.35 length

Steve Perry Is Back! Interview on KBAY, San Jose
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH2n06ab4VU

In his first interview in a quarter century, Steve Perry tells 94.5 Bay FM morning personality Bruce Scott about his 25-year retirement from the music industry, reuniting with Journey at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction, and the touching story of the woman he loved who inspired his comeback.

Steve’s new album is called Traces, and the first single is “No Erasin.”
Last edited by tater1977 on Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:05 pm

Eddie Trunk @EddieTrunk
thx for the amazing reaction to my interview today w/ @StevePerryMusic . And thx to Steve for being so cool & the big exclusive! To be continued! It replays tonight 9-11P ET @siriusxmvolume 106, also On Demand anytime on @SIRIUSXM app! #TrunkNation
15 Aug 2018

IN CASE you missed it -
Eddie Trunk @EddieTrunk
Every @siriusxmvolume show I do daily is replayed 9-11P ET on 106 and also available on demand on the @SIRIUSXM app.

Eddie Trunk @EddieTrunk
15 Aug 2018

Very rare after 35 years to interview someone I never have before. So today was great on so many levels because I was able to do that with a legend that was clearly missed

Eddie Trunk @EddieTrunk
I think that’s accurate. Steve was scheduled for 20 and did 45, and cancelled his other interviews .. so I’d say we both had a blast. He said some amazing things about me which really blew my mind. He knew my work. Meant a lot ! Thanks
Eddie Trunk added,

Chris Lisi @djcstylz
@EddieTrunk Amazing interview with @StevePerryMusic . It truly sounded like both of you enjoyed it as much as the other. Brought a smile to my face as well. The Voice is back!!!

8:41 PM - 15 Aug 2018
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:45 pm

Interview: Steve Perry on Sarah And Vinnie

https://omny.fm/shows/kllcfm-on-demand/interview-steve-perry-on-sarah-and-vinnie

22.35 length

The legendary Steve Perry called in to talk to Sarah and Vinnie about his new single, album, and more.
Aug 15, 2018
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:36 pm

SiriusXM The Pulse @SiriusXMPulse

Steve Perry on #SXMPulseMorningShow! with @RadioRonRoss

https://www.siriusxm.com/thepulse

nice pic but looks like he needs some zzzzzzz
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby Abitaman » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:44 pm

Very surprised, song was on the radio twice yesterday...do not know the station. This morning on the way into work 107.9 in Venice played it, had people call in and decided to keep playing or not. It lost. 90% of the people did NOT like it. Not surprised. The song has a very catchy chorus, but the beginning is a little slow going. After 2 or 3 listens you get the flow of it. People need to give it a few listens.
The other compaint was it didn't sound like Journey, WTF!!! Granted there was no Neal or Jonathan backing him, it was still good.
One thing about JRNY, Steve had a guitarist who match the fire of his vocals, or the other way around.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby tater1977 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:44 pm

Steve Perry with Shawn & Sue 92 7 WOBM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAQp4xZsWK4&feature=youtu.be&a=

WOBM-FM

Published on Aug 16, 2018

Shawn & Sue from 92.7 WOBM Sit Down To Talk with Rock Icon Steve Perry About His New Project "Traces" and Hear His New Single "No Erasin" details at http://www.steveperry.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:04 pm

Steve Perry Interview with Morning MAGIC

David, Sue & Kendra got to speak with music icon Steve Perry about his comeback solo album and new single!
August 16, 2018

https://magic1067.radio.com/blogs/kendra-petrone/steve-perry-interview-morning-magic
- audio interview

This morning we got to talk with music icon.... best known as lead singer for Journey, as well as his incredible solo career.... STEVE PERRY!!! He is back and has a new album.. new song... and we are VERY EXCITED about it!!

Traces is an album Steve Perry thought he’d never make; he made the decision to step away from music in the late nineties when he lost his love for music.

Through his good friend, film director Patty Jenkins, Perry met Kellie Nash, a PhD in psychology who was bravely battling breast cancer. Over the next few years, Perry’s life was forever changed by the experience of falling deeply in love and losing Nash in 2012.

Lead track “No Erasin’” is a kind of an emotional homecoming. Literally speaking, it’s about a class reunion and coming back into contact with someone you haven’t seen in a long time but is metaphorically about the audiences Perry hasn’t seen in years. The name of the album is connected to the imagery on the album cover, which is connected to Perry’s life. The images represent traces of his past, and how important they all were in getting to where he is now.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tedpruitt » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:46 pm

Lora wrote:
tedpruitt wrote:Yeah - I heard that in the interview - I was just saying that the dog and the lady we're the two things that threw me the most. The mystic symbolism seems to be a continuation of the TBF images. The stadium way in the background. What looks like possibly the guys from Journey very tiny. The tails, of course. The Portuguese flag... just tons.

Thanks, Ted. This is great. I don't feel it's my place to reveal too much, but the stadium on the right by the water is AT&T Park where Steve has enjoyed many baseball games. The Hanford Theatre is there and Fantasy Studios is on the far right. The tiny guys in the distance are not Journey.

Thanks Lora! Well, just like really good music, people will have their own interpretations of what they see. Which gives the artwork a whole other depth. I've got this up as wallpaper on my 24" monitors now, but still not high enough res to really pickout the details (like the little guys back by AT&T Park -- kinda looks like tuxes? Maybe other famous crooners? Sinatra, et al? Hard to tell a this res - I assumed Journey because it looks like 5 figures and then to the right of that looks like 3 more figures.) This would be great as hi-res wallpaper!

I hope at some point he helps decode it. Great first feature for his website after the album is fully released.
tedpruitt
Ol' 78

Postby tater1977 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:56 pm

Steve Perry Told Arnel Pineda "If Journey Isn't Being Good To Ya, Come See Me"

August 16, 2018

Jody Dean and the Morning Team

https://kluv.radio.com/blogs/jody-dean-and-morning-team/steve-perry-back-new-album-weve-got-exclusive-interview
10.14 length
- lol jaw drop at 5.52 :lol:

Steve Perry is back!

After a 24 year hiatus from the music biz, Steve Perry is back with a brand new album called Traces. The first single to hit the airwaves...No Erasin'. Of course, we've been rocking it here at KLUV for the last two days. Needless to say, but the guy's still got it!

So what has Steve been doing for the last 24 years? He says he went to the fair, the movies, he bought a sexy Corvette, and ate a lot of food. Basically all the normal sterotypical things that any retiree does.

We talked about how his late wife inpsired him to create new music. He actually made a promise to her that he would come back to the industry he once loved. After 3 years or so of grieving, music sort of came back to him. He started writing...happy songs, sad songs. In a way it was another level of connecting with her.

As of right now, there is no tour scheduled. However, Steve did imply that there is some talk about doing a few live shows here and there. How cool would that be?!?!?!?!?!?!

By the way, be jealous...the man sang to us at the end of the interview. Seriously, he SANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We can't even believe that just happened!

Now, as Steve eases back into the limelight, he was kind enough to stop by and chat with Jody Dean and The Morning Team. This is one his very first interviews since his semi-retirement. And we got him!!!!
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:18 am

Lora - first off, thank you for all of the wonderful information you've been sharing with us over the past few days. What kind of super glue did you have to use to keep your lips sealed, and not spill any of the beans over the past months?!?!?

Did Steve happen to explain to you the meaning of the album title Traces? You don't have to give the explanation, I was just surprised that I haven't heard any of the interviewers ask that question. I haven't listened to all of the interviews just yet, so maybe it was asked. That would have been one of my first questions. Was just wondering if it had meaning that Steve would share if asked, or if it is something that he would prefer to keep to himself.
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:21 am

Terrie Carr @TerrieCarrRnR

Steve Perry checks into Terrie Carr's show

https://wdhafm.com/2018/08/16/steve-perry-checks-terrie-carrs-show/

Hey, it's TC…….24 years after his visit to The Rock Of NJ (which I will always remember as a highlight of my career) Steve Perry checks in for a candid conversation about his return to music, his new release Traces which comes out October 5th and finding his love for music again.

Welcome back Steve……we missed you……..
Last edited by tater1977 on Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:26 am

Steve Perry Shared Huge News This Morning On KFOX
Joey, Podcasts

Steve Perry of Journey called me today to celebrate the release of his new single “No Erasin'” from his upcoming album Traces.
Check out the interview below!

http://kfox.com/steve-perry-shared-huge-news-this-morning-on-kfox2/
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:34 am

Steve Perry Joins The Jen and Tim Show!
August 16, 2018

Jen & Tim Show

https://star102cleveland.radio.com/blogs/jen-tim-show/steve-perry-joins-jen-and-tim-show
5.38 length
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:52 am

Tom’s Interview With Steve Perry – #1442-3
August 15, 2018

http://www.tombarnardpodcast.com/toms-interview-with-steve-perry-1442-3/

54.45 length

- go to 51.30 mark, Steve explains some items on the cover
Last edited by tater1977 on Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:00 am

Steve on the John DeBella Show on WMGK Philadelphia

https://wmgk.com/episodes/steve-perry-podcast/
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby Lora » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:21 am

Art Vandelay wrote:Lora - first off, thank you for all of the wonderful information you've been sharing with us over the past few days. What kind of super glue did you have to use to keep your lips sealed, and not spill any of the beans over the past months?!?!?

You are welcome, Art. We've always been more interested in posting accurate info than posting just to say we were the first. I also don't like people who do the "I know something you don't know but I can't tell you" crap. Things have changed so much since this project started. No point in posting until we were sure of the final outcome. What was hard was not posting something after he played the album for us. I wanted to come here and go, "OMG YOU GUYS. WAIT UNTIL YOU HEAR THIS!!!" but I couldn't. Now that was hard. :lol:

Art Vandelay wrote:Did Steve happen to explain to you the meaning of the album title Traces? You don't have to give the explanation, I was just surprised that I haven't heard any of the interviewers ask that question. I haven't listened to all of the interviews just yet, so maybe it was asked. That would have been one of my first questions. Was just wondering if it had meaning that Steve would share if asked, or if it is something that he would prefer to keep to himself.

He hasn't really said much about that, so I'm not sure. You are right - some interviewer should ask that question. I haven't listened to the latest round of interviews yet, so maybe someone did/will.

**He actually mentions this in his press release: “Putting 30 years into 10 songs has certainly been an emotional experience for me. I started writing and recording these songs with the creative freedom that I was the only one who would ever hear them. Along the way, I rediscovered my love for music. Each track represents traces of my past, but is also a hopeful look into the future. I invite you to listen with an open heart.”
Lora
8 Track

Postby jrny84 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:02 am

Lora wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:Lora - first off, thank you for all of the wonderful information you've been sharing with us over the past few days. What kind of super glue did you have to use to keep your lips sealed, and not spill any of the beans over the past months?!?!?

You are welcome, Art. We've always been more interested in posting accurate info than posting just to say we were the first. I also don't like people who do the "I know something you don't know but I can't tell you" crap. Things have changed so much since this project started. No point in posting until we were sure of the final outcome. What was hard was not posting something after he played the album for us. I wanted to come here and go, "OMG YOU GUYS. WAIT UNTIL YOU HEAR THIS!!!" but I couldn't. Now that was hard. :lol:

Art Vandelay wrote:Did Steve happen to explain to you the meaning of the album title Traces? You don't have to give the explanation, I was just surprised that I haven't heard any of the interviewers ask that question. I haven't listened to all of the interviews just yet, so maybe it was asked. That would have been one of my first questions. Was just wondering if it had meaning that Steve would share if asked, or if it is something that he would prefer to keep to himself.

He hasn't really said much about that, so I'm not sure. You are right - some interviewer should ask that question. I haven't listened to the latest round of interviews yet, so maybe someone did/will.

**He actually mentions this in his press release: “Putting 30 years into 10 songs has certainly been an emotional experience for me. I started writing and recording these songs with the creative freedom that I was the only one who would ever hear them. Along the way, I rediscovered my love for music. Each track represents traces of my past, but is also a hopeful look into the future. I invite you to listen with an open heart.”

Lora, whats your favorite song off the album? Just curious, what's your impression and thoughts on the album?
jrny84
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:22 am

If you missed it and want to listen to it.
I'll leave it up for a while.

STEVE PERRY WITH EDDIE TRUNK 8/15/2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvPUY2DhPTw
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby jrny84 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:27 am

tater1977 wrote:If you missed it and want to listen to it.

Thanks, but it says its blocked...
jrny84
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:30 am

jrny84 wrote:

Guess lol I won't leave it up. :lol:
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby jrny84 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:35 am

tater1977 wrote:
jrny84 wrote:

Guess lol I won't leave it up. :lol:

Thanks for trying!
jrny84
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:10 am

jrny84 wrote:
tater1977 wrote:

Thanks for trying!

If you want to download it, can send you a link.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby jrny84 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:14 am

Yes, please do. Thank you!
jrny84
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:19 am

jrny84 wrote:Yes, please do. Thank you!

OK, upload will be finished in a few, then will pm it
to you.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby Gina3008 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:27 am

[quote="Lora"
This is my favorite interview so far. :) quote]

Mine, also. It is so wonderful to hear and see him in interviews.

I haven't been on here in a while but it is an awesome feeling to login and see all this new info re Steve Perry. Way to go, Stevie.

Welcome back!!! :D
Gina3008
Ol' 78

PreviousNext

Return to Steve Perry