Traces

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Re: Traces

Postby yulog » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:28 pm

SoonerThunder wrote:No Erasin must be getting some radio play, because I’m sitting here at the dentist and it’s on

So i'm guessing you wont need the nitrous oxide......this should work just the same.
yulog
Stereo LP

Postby yulog » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:32 pm

Gideon wrote:It’s funny how life experiences can really impact your assessment of music:

My mother passed away from her battle with cancer on 10/18 and I’ve been listening to “No Erasin’” fairly often, perhaps if only for the wistful nostalgia. Somehow, it just feels right even though the song has nothing to do with the situation lol.

Damn Gid, sorry to hear of your loss.....I hope she is at peace ,no more suffering.
yulog
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:24 am

JourneyHard wrote:I know nobody cares about this, but Steve Perry's No More Cryin' went from 54th most requested karaoke song to 44th most requested karaoke song. This list is about songs people want to be made into karaoke songs. In the next week or so, I think it will be made into a karaoke song.

For fun, here we go. A list of karaoke songs from recent Journey albums:
Eclipse had City of Hope
Revelation had After All These Years
Generations didn't have any karaoke songs
Arrival had With Your Love
Trial By Fire had Message Of Love, When You Love A Woman, If He Should Break Your Heart, Can't Tame The Lion!

Anyhow, I am excited that I should be singing a new Steve Perry song at the bar soon. :D

Out of all those Journey songs mentioned, the only one I've ever seen available at karaoke is "When You Love A Woman."
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby JourneyHard » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:03 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
JourneyHard wrote:I know nobody cares about this, but Steve Perry's No More Cryin' went from 54th most requested karaoke song to 44th most requested karaoke song. This list is about songs people want to be made into karaoke songs. In the next week or so, I think it will be made into a karaoke song.

For fun, here we go. A list of karaoke songs from recent Journey albums:
Eclipse had City of Hope
Revelation had After All These Years
Generations didn't have any karaoke songs
Arrival had With Your Love
Trial By Fire had Message Of Love, When You Love A Woman, If He Should Break Your Heart, Can't Tame The Lion!

Anyhow, I am excited that I should be singing a new Steve Perry song at the bar soon. :D

Out of all those Journey songs mentioned, the only one I've ever seen available at karaoke is "When You Love A Woman."

Yes. I had to request City of Hope. The hard core karaoke bar I go to had all the rest except After All These Years.
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Postby JourneyHard » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:06 am

I saw an interview of Steve Perry on KLOS on Youtube. That was one of the best interviews so far.

I also saw an interview of Lou Graham. He must have been through a lot. If he was on the street, I would not recognize him.
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:28 am

JourneyHard wrote:I also saw an interview of Lou Graham. He must have been through a lot. If he was on the street, I would not recognize him.

He's actually looking better than he has in years. He has dropped alot of the weight he put on from the meds.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby jrny84 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:10 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
JourneyHard wrote:I also saw an interview of Lou Graham. He must have been through a lot. If he was on the street, I would not recognize him.

He's actually looking better than he has in years. He has dropped alot of the weight he put on from the meds.

I agree. He's looking more and more like the "old" Lou. He sounds pretty good too.
jrny84
Cassette Tape

Postby scarab » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:56 am

I remember seeing him with Journey in 2000? ish I know it was Pre - Arrival.
I could not believe it. He looked and sounded pretty rough. Still he mustered enough to pull of a good version of Hot Blooded (The only time the crowd stood through a song)
I am so glad for him he has gone through a lot.
Any videos of Lou and the other original members for the 40 year anniversary?
https://youtu.be/W4PBTslUQL0

Oops answering my own question
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oddner0mt-w

This is the same conert Journey did World Gone Wild, Good Time Tonight and With Your Love. (I assume WYL All I know it was a power ballad that had the State of Grace line).
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Pacfanweb » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:48 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:

Yeah, I watched some of the Sturgis show and he looked a lot better than just a couple years ago, and sounded better, too.

5 years ago, you couldn't even tell it was Lou Gramm singing when you heard him.
Pacfanweb
45 RPM

Postby scarab » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:24 pm

This is new to me, sorry if it was posted before.
Love his laugh at the end.

https://www.facebook.com/steveperrymusi ... 300/?t=206
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby JourneyHard » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:11 am

I don't know how Karaoke Version works. People were requesting No More Cryin', but they made No Erasin' into a karaoke song. Maybe they will make No More Cryin', too.

No More Cryin' started at 44th most requested song. Now it is up to 22!
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Postby JourneyHard » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:57 am

I have been listening to Traces a lot and I think Steve Perry's next song should be called "She Put A Song In My Heart."
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Postby JourneyHard » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:23 pm

For the record, Traces has two karaoke songs now, No Erasin' and No More Cryin'. If this is any indication, Traces is twice as good as Eclipse which only had one karaoke song, City Of Hope.

All the Perry solo albums had two songs made into karaoke songs. Street Talk had Oh Sherrie and Foolish Heart. For The Love Of Strange Medicine had You Better Wait and Missing You. So, there is a balance in the force!
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Postby SoonerThunder » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:37 am

Soooooo...any word on a tour yet?
SoonerThunder
Ol' 78

Postby scarab » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:01 pm

He should do a limited Vegas residency.
On the FTLOSM tour he consistently sold out 2000-3000 theaters. (And thankfully I was at the first two.)
Had front row seats in MPLS and still shocks me to this day how MANY flowers he got from the fans. musta been 100+ bouquets at least.
Thats about what the capacity of most Vegas hotels.
And coupled with the fact that hearing the Voice sing DSB I am thinking it would go well.
Do 3-4 songs off the new CD 3-4 off ST and 1-2 off FTLOSM and throw in 3-4 Journey classics.
Do a show a week or two for a couple months.

Plus would be a great excuse for me to go to Vegas :lol:
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby JourneyHard » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:16 am

The time has come for Mr. Steve Perry to record a Christmas album. It could be called A Very Perry Christmas. He could write original Christmas songs and cover classic ones. I think Steve Perry could do an excellent version of Marvin Gaye's Purple Snowflakes. If he started working on it now, it could be ready for Christmas 2019.
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Postby Marabelle » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:12 pm

Or a Very Merry Perry Christmas!
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:59 am

JourneyHard wrote:For the record, Traces has two karaoke songs now, No Erasin' and No More Cryin'. If this is any indication, Traces is twice as good as Eclipse which only had one karaoke song, City Of Hope.

All the Perry solo albums had two songs made into karaoke songs. Street Talk had Oh Sherrie and Foolish Heart. For The Love Of Strange Medicine had You Better Wait and Missing You. So, there is a balance in the force!

I do karaoke all the time. Nobody is covering these songs.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby JourneyHard » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:28 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
JourneyHard wrote:For the record, Traces has two karaoke songs now, No Erasin' and No More Cryin'. If this is any indication, Traces is twice as good as Eclipse which only had one karaoke song, City Of Hope.

I do karaoke all the time. Nobody is covering these songs.

This is true, but the songs are available. Although Oh Sherrie can get a crowd going. That is the only Steve Perry solo song that people know, and they love it.
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:47 am

JourneyHard wrote:This is true, but the songs are available. Although Oh Sherrie can get a crowd going. That is the only Steve Perry solo song that people know, and they love it.

Absolutely. Foolish Heart is also somewhat famous.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby JourneyHard » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:51 am

If Steve Perry goes on tour, somebody who is good at editing can slice together Steve Perry in concert with any of the recent Journey concerts and it will be like Perry is back with Journey. :D
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Postby bellairepark73 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:56 am

Oh Sherrie is NOT the only Perry solo song people know. God... :roll:
I know people, lots of people, who can roll his solo songs AND lyrics off their tongue as if they were born that way. And THIS new album...many have committed these songs to...MEMORY.
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:08 am

bellairepark73 wrote:Oh Sherrie is NOT the only Perry solo song people know. God... :roll:
I know people, lots of people, who can roll his solo songs AND lyrics off their tongue as if they were born that way. And THIS new album...many have committed these songs to...MEMORY.

Good for you. But those people are not a cross section of the general public.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby bellairepark73 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:56 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
bellairepark73 wrote:Oh Sherrie is NOT the only Perry solo song people know. God... :roll:

Good for you. But those people are not a cross section of the general public.

No. They ARE the cross section of the general public. And its not good just for me. Its good for all of us that his solo stuff are really becoming well known now.

For instance...No ERASIN is still in the top ten in...of all places...South Africa!
bellairepark73
8 Track

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:51 am

bellairepark73 wrote:No. They ARE the cross section of the general public. And its not good just for me. Its good for all of us that his solo stuff are really becoming well known now.

Much of the general public still mistakes 'Oh Sherrie' as a Journey song.
Professional Journey cover band guy, Hugo, has even added it to his touring set list.
Despite other SP solo singles having success, nobody outside of the die-hards really remembers anything else.
With all due respect, you're simply living in an alternate reality.

For instance...No ERASIN is still in the top ten in...of all places...South Africa!

Link? As far as I'm aware, Traces didn't even have a release there.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby JourneyHard » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:03 am

I know karaoke night isn't a good sample size, but I sing Foolish Heart and You Better Wait and Missing You and When You're In Love For The First Time, and I get no reaction from the crowd. They are NOT singing along. They have never heard any of these songs before.

However, when I sing Oh Sherrie, the place goes nuts! They love it and they are singing along!
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:39 am

JourneyHard wrote:I know karaoke night isn't a good sample size, but I sing Foolish Heart and You Better Wait and Missing You and When You're In Love For The First Time, and I get no reaction from the crowd. They are NOT singing along. They have never heard any of these songs before.

However, when I sing Oh Sherrie, the place goes nuts! They love it and they are singing along!

Exactly right.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby JourneyHard » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:40 am

I walked into the store today and their store music was playing No Erasin' by Steve Perry, of course.

I think shoppers will have the song in their subconscious and then when they attend Steve Perry's concert and he plays it they will sing along and wonder how they know this song!
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Postby scarab » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:52 am

Tomorrow will be 5 months after the first single was released.
Seeing that he hasnt sang any of the songs live on a talk show or whatever makes me think 99% any kind of live performances arent gonna happen.

Still glad we got to hear 13-14 new "songs" from him.

But looking forward to JTT and really hoping the play either someplace close or someplace warm as the high is going to be Zero F this weekend.
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby JourneyHard » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:06 pm

scarab wrote:Seeing that he hasnt sang any of the songs live on a talk show or whatever makes me think 99% any kind of live performances arent gonna happen.

You are probably right, but Perry could be rolling this out slowly on his own terms. Only time will tell.
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

PreviousNext

Return to Journey