Forty Tours DVD Trailer

All things Toto

Moderator: Andrew

Forty Tours DVD Trailer

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:55 am

"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Re: Forty Tours DVD Trailer

Postby WalrusOct9 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:26 am

I'm happy to see Shannon Forrest finally get on an official Toto release.

I love Simon, but Shannon is much much closer to Jeff's vibe and feel, and it's about time he actually has something to show for it.
-Steve C.
WalrusOct9
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:31 am

Eagle Rock is releasing clips from the new Journey dvd etc...but nothing from TOTO. WTF!
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby Anymajordude » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:54 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Eagle Rock is releasing clips from the new Journey dvd etc...but nothing from TOTO. WTF!

https://youtu.be/S-CXfoveDFw
Anymajordude
Radio Waves

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:48 pm

Anymajordude wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:Eagle Rock is releasing clips from the new Journey dvd etc...but nothing from TOTO. WTF!

Sadly blocked in my country. Thanks tho. TOTO clips don't even show up when I search the Eagle Rock YouTube channel.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby Anymajordude » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:56 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Anymajordude wrote:

Sadly blocked in my country. Thanks tho. TOTO clips don't even show up when I search the Eagle Rock YouTube channel.

Aha. There is always the option of getting a free vpn service though.
Anymajordude
Radio Waves

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:39 pm

When is this coming out in the US?
Between this and the mishandling of Hashpipe, it almost seems like there's a vested interest by certain powers in keeping TOTO down.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby Anymajordude » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:00 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:When is this coming out in the US?
Between this and the mishandling of Hashpipe, it almost seems like there's a vested interest by certain powers in keeping TOTO down.

The album is on Spotify today over here. Not in the US?
Anymajordude
Radio Waves

Postby TotoStu » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:01 am

My blu ray arrived this morning. The CD ain't due until April 5 for some reason. I've not had a chance to watch it yet obviously. Will be in here when I have!
TotoStu
Ol' 78

Postby Sundet » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:40 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:When is this coming out in the US?

I have no idea what is going on behind the scenes, but as of lately there seems to have been quite a bit of miscommunication, delays and even retractions. Somehow I think there is a certain timeless truth to what Steve Porcaro stated in an interview with the Toto Legend fan club magazine back in 1994, responding to a question regarding the band's difficulties in the US market at the time: Maybe the band sometimes needs to take a look in the mirror to see what's causing them some of these problems?
Sundet
45 RPM

Postby LtVanish » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:16 pm

I ordered the cd version of 40 Tours on ebay from the UK for around $20 shipped. They shipped it on Friday so I should have it in about a week. I ordered the Blueray on amazon, and it hasn't arrived yet not sure what is going on. I see in some places other than the US, it is available in the Blueray/cd combo, just like the new Journey Live that comes out next week. Something strange is going on, I wonder if David Paich not being in the band right now is not due to health after all?? Something just seems off.
LtVanish
Cassette Tape

Postby Sundet » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:10 pm

LtVanish wrote:Something strange is going on, I wonder if David Paich not being in the band right now is not due to health after all??

David Paich's leave of absence is certainly related to health issues. Indeed, my concern is whether we will ever see him back on tour with the band.
Sundet
45 RPM

Postby Morten » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:02 am

The problems surrounding the DVD release is due to the band being sued by somebody, not Eagle Rock's fault. Luke explains on Twitter: https://twitter.com/stevelukather/statu ... 9580474368
Morten
Radio Waves

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:43 am

I'm not blaming the band in anyway. I remember stories about Jeff's widow suing the band. Maybe that's what's holding it up.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby LtVanish » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:30 am

Morten wrote:The problems surrounding the DVD release is due to the band being sued by somebody, not Eagle Rock's fault. Luke explains on Twitter: https://twitter.com/stevelukather/statu ... 9580474368

That is crazy, this band can never catch a break it seems.

I got my copy of the video the other day. I believe this is the best concert video of Toto to date, it certain sounds better than the last one, mainly due to Eagle Rock not editing in the fake crowd clapping noise like they did on the last one. I like the variety of songs on this last tour, it was cool to see "Stranger in Town" and 'Lovers in the Night" making it to a DVD. It also seemed that everything was live and nothing edited in later, that even including background vocals sounded very authentic to a live show, which was cool. I very much enjoyed it, can't wait to get the cd version.
LtVanish
Cassette Tape

Postby TotoStu » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:48 pm

I've got both CD and Blu Ray now. Not listened to the CD yet but I've watched the blu ray and I really enjoyed it. I still think Toto's best live sets are 25th Anniversary Live In Amsterdam and 35th Anniversary Live In Poland. The first is BK at his best, the second is JW at his best.
TotoStu
Ol' 78

Postby Ehwmatt » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:07 am

The Blu-Ray is stellar. Love it. Anticipate watching this a lot over the coming years.
Ehwmatt
MP3

Return to Toto