'Worlds of DC' THREAD

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:33 am

Monker wrote:I was not giving my review because I have not seen it.

Then watch the movie.

Monker wrote:What I am saying is there is a backlash against WW84. That is not my opinion, it is a fact.

I don't care.

Monker wrote:Concentrating on story would not be a bad thing if the story was not boring and made sense.

You haven't watched the movie.

Monker wrote:For example, Steve Trevor was brought back; for a sex scene, and for the payoff of Diana to have to give him up. Other than that, he was useless.

Monker wrote:Diana loses her powers but gains others, like the magical ability to make things invisible.

:roll: No, she does not "gain other powers." That's wrong. Watch the movie.

Monker wrote:The entire opening scene could have been deleted, which WB reported wanted to do.

Horseshit. Watch the movie. It's not Iron Man 3 with its completely useless and pointless flashback.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:57 am

Dude, you are just wrong. I don't think you have seen the movie, or even watched many reviews.

Doesn't gain powers? She fucking learns to FLY. No, not just using her lasso as a spider web, but the literally flies. But, then she has to go back to her apartment to get her golden winged Falcon suit. And, she somehow has the power of making things invisible. Where did that show up before or after this movie. It's fucking stupid.

The first scene is nothing but to tell a lesson about taking short cuts...which is the entire point of the movie itself. No, it did not need to be part of the movie...for the exact same reason you mention for Iron Man 3.

Angry Joe's review...and he is a DC fan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiaUF1v ... gryJoeShow
(spoiler rant) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BLUEeE ... gryJoeShow

But, I like this the best:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeieblT ... calDrinker

verslibre wrote:
Monker wrote:I was not giving my review because I have not seen it.

I have no desire to watch this movie. This thing is a worse disaster than Birds of Prey or Justice League.

Monker wrote:What I am saying is there is a backlash against WW84. That is not my opinion, it is a fact.

I don't care.

Monker wrote:Concentrating on story would not be a bad thing if the story was not boring and made sense.

Monker wrote:For example, Steve Trevor was brought back; for a sex scene, and for the payoff of Diana to have to give him up. Other than that, he was useless.

Monker wrote:Diana loses her powers but gains others, like the magical ability to make things invisible.

:roll: No, she does not "gain other powers." That's wrong. Watch the movie.

Monker wrote:The entire opening scene could have been deleted, which WB reported wanted to do.

Horseshit. Watch the movie. It's not Iron Man 3 with its completely useless and pointless flashback.
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:28 am

Monker wrote:I don't think you have seen the movie

I watched it a week ago, you doofus! :lol: :lol: :lol: (And I'm going to watch it again tonight.)

Stop watching spoiler reviews, nimrod. Diana actually explains the invisibility "trick" before she does it. I bet all the hipster-blogger reviews you've watched don't even mention that. :roll:

My advice to you is to cease your rant at least until you have watched it, too. Gee, you just might like it! :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:31 pm

verslibre wrote:
RedWingFan wrote:Another stellar DC movie in WW84. Personally haven't heard 1 person that has liked it

But you know only three people outside your family, and one of them is the bartender. :P

Just watched it. It sucked but it was free and least Steve Perry was in it!!! Thanks Patty Jenkins. :lol:
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:05 pm

So cute that you love Steve Perry so much, RWF! :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:48 am

Just got my new 55 inch; 4k Smart TV for Zack Snyder's Justice League. I'll be thinking of Monker and RWF's family when watching #ZSJL over and over while getting a BJ.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:00 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:01 am

Just caught a new HBO Max commercial on TNT that glimpses us some sweet footage of Batman fending off an attack in ZSJL!

#PUMPED
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:48 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Just got my new 55 inch; 4k Smart TV for Zack Snyder's Justice League. I'll be thinking of Monker and RWF's family when watching #ZSJL over and over while getting a BJ.

Didn't know you and Zack Snyder were that tight.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Monker » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:11 am

Yeah, it's funny how they "save" one franchise film (Justice League) and ruin another (Wonder Woman).
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:52 am

The Wonder Woman franchise isn't any more "ruined" than Ant-Man's. :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:48 pm

verslibre wrote:The Wonder Woman franchise isn't any more "ruined" than Ant-Man's. :lol:

I wouldn't be so sure about that.
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:45 am

Wonder Woman 3 is happening, sir. Patty Jenkins is directing.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:46 am

verslibre wrote:Wonder Woman 3 is happening, sir. Patty Jenkins is directing.

yeah, i know that ww3 is happening. But, things could change about the director. If they want to fast track it, to 'fix' the franchise, they may want to change directors...because Jenkins is doing "Star Wars : Rogue Squadron" for Disney, to release in 2023. I doubt they want to wait that long for another WW movie.
Monker
MP3

Postby Abitaman » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:29 am

I watched the movie, but on my smart phone. Having issue playing HBO Max (just on Wonder Woman with my Roku device),bummer. I can stream it through my TV but surround sound seems off, bummer again. Just from my phone I would give it a C+ on B-. Will make it official once the HBO issue is fixed and I can watch it like rest of my movies. Some scenes were hard to make out, so...
Did seem to be missing a big fight, something that stood out like no man's land from the first movie, again that may change. Did not mind the slower pace either.
To 2 villain's were pretty comic book accurate for the most part, depending on which decade your talking about. Wonder Woman did not have new powers. Everything has either been in the comics or TV. She has "flown" in the comics for decades and the jet was for long distance. Her flying, depending on the writer, was gliding on the air waves, using Hermes powers to fly or lasso. This goes back to the 70's. The Invisible jet goes back to the first few years. Turning things invisible was done in the 90's with a sphere, if I remember right, would to look that one up.
The opening scene, WB suggest that be cut or the mall scene, they felt like it had two opening and wanted the time cut down. I liked the both, and I am glad they keep them both. If I had to choose I would keep the Paradise Island and cut the mall. The mall was too corny.
Cheetah could have been used more and Max less or Max left out for another movie. But Max is a good 80's "bad guy"

Anyway, just my thoughts from a small phone screen. The bummer is I sold my 3D TV and bought a 65 Roku TV just for this show and the Justice League.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby Monker » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:04 pm

Abitaman wrote:I watched the movie, but on my smart phone. Having issue playing HBO Max (just on Wonder Woman with my Roku device),bummer. I can stream it through my TV but surround sound seems off, bummer again. Just from my phone I would give it a C+ on B-. Will make it official once the HBO issue is fixed and I can watch it like rest of my movies. Some scenes were hard to make out, so...
Did seem to be missing a big fight, something that stood out like no man's land from the first movie, again that may change. Did not mind the slower pace either.
To 2 villain's were pretty comic book accurate for the most part, depending on which decade your talking about. Wonder Woman did not have new powers. Everything has either been in the comics or TV. She has "flown" in the comics for decades and the jet was for long distance. Her flying, depending on the writer, was gliding on the air waves, using Hermes powers to fly or lasso. This goes back to the 70's. The Invisible jet goes back to the first few years. Turning things invisible was done in the 90's with a sphere, if I remember right, would to look that one up.
The opening scene, WB suggest that be cut or the mall scene, they felt like it had two opening and wanted the time cut down. I liked the both, and I am glad they keep them both. If I had to choose I would keep the Paradise Island and cut the mall. The mall was too corny.
Cheetah could have been used more and Max less or Max left out for another movie. But Max is a good 80's "bad guy"

Anyway, just my thoughts from a small phone screen. The bummer is I sold my 3D TV and bought a 65 Roku TV just for this show and the Justice League.

Since this was the first movie to be shown in 4k/HDR on HBOMax, I would bet that is your issue. Either HBOMax is not doing a good job streaming it, or you do not have enough download speed for 4k. I assume you bought the 4k/hdr ROKU...Premier or above...and you have 4k compatible HDMI cables. If you can watch other services in 4k, then it is HBO's issue.

The comics and TV are not the same canon, excluding multiverse. In the DCEU canon, Wonder Woman did not fly in 1918, in BvS, or Justice League. So, yes, it IS a new power. It is also a new power that she can magically wave her hands around and touch a plane to make it invisible...also not in 1918, BvS, or Justice League.
Monker
MP3

Postby Abitaman » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:47 pm

Monker wrote:
Since this was the first movie to be shown in 4k/HDR on HBOMax, I would bet that is your issue. Either HBOMax is not doing a good job streaming it, or you do not have enough download speed for 4k. I assume you bought the 4k/hdr ROKU...Premier or above...and you have 4k compatible HDMI cables. If you can watch other services in 4k, then it is HBO's issue.

The comics and TV are not the same canon, excluding multiverse. In the DCEU canon, Wonder Woman did not fly in 1918, in BvS, or Justice League. So, yes, it IS a new power. It is also a new power that she can magically wave her hands around and touch a plane to make it invisible...also not in 1918, BvS, or Justice League.

I did get a 4K, great picture. Netflix 4k plays fine, I did look up and there is A Roku/HBO issue going on, that the are trying to figure out. Hopefully soon, before JL. Got really fast e speed at house.

She learned to fly 1984, so in the first WW she would not know how to. Since here flying is more gliding she would not have had a chance to use in the small confines of the fight in BVS. JL who knows with how that movie turned out, what the intent was. Have to agree with you on the invisible bubble touch, it was just kind of thrown in there half hazard.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:46 am

So, it sounds like JJ is rebooting Superman without Cavil. Cavil seems to now be reduced to a multiverse guest role. Not good for his future in DC.

Also, Marvel has been crushing it on streaming with WandaVision. It's setting up all kinds of stuff. Finale coming up.

Next up is Falcon and Winter Soldier...which looks better than I thought it would be when first announced.

Then there is Snyder's JL. This has really been the only series that HBOMax has put out that can compete with what NetFlix and Disney+ are doing. Well it be enough to get subscribers and have them stick around? Maybe, I don't know. It is pretty obvious that WB is NOT interested in continuing the "Snyderverse". So, it may be the period at the end of that story line. Reboot Superman. Reboot Batman. After how bad WW84 was received, I wouldn't be extremely confident WW is safe from a reboot as well.
Monker
MP3

Postby RedWingFan » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:02 pm

Man this "Really, DC is awesome" thread is dead. I dropped by to read all the "Mulligan Justice League" posts about how it is going to be the best movie ever.
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:50 am

Dead here...

...hoppin' everywhere else! :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:57 am

P.S. You'll be happy to know The Batman officially wrapped production a few days ago! :D
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:05 am

Watched ZSJL last night. Damn, that was immersive and INTENSE.

The last hour was unbelievably good and easily blew away the finales of Infinity War and Endgame.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:23 am

ZSJL has over 67K ratings adding up to a score of 8.6/10!!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12361974/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Abitaman » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:34 am

Well I watched Zack Snyder's just asleep last night. I knew the movie would be better than what came out at the theaters, but I did not know be this much better. I thought with Warner brother trying to put their hand in everything exact did it would still be a little bit of a mess. Thankfully it was not. It is now my favorite DC movie and is tied with the third adventures movie as my favorite superhero movie. The 4 hours went by fast while I was watching it will probably sit down again this weekend and rewatch.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Postby Abitaman » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:36 am

43 Changes Zack Snyder Made To “Justice League” That Turned It Into Basically A Different Movie
https://www.buzzfeed.com/evelinamedina/ ... oss-whedon

Supplier warning.... Doesn't give away the ending or anything like that but does go into detail about certain scenes more on the changing of the scenes than what happens. But still enough to warn you to proceed with caution
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:19 am

Abitaman wrote:43 Changes Zack Snyder Made To “Justice League” That Turned It Into Basically A Different Movie
https://www.buzzfeed.com/evelinamedina/ ... oss-whedon

Supplier warning.... Doesn't give away the ending or anything like that but does go into detail about certain scenes more on the changing of the scenes than what happens. But still enough to warn you to proceed with caution

It kind of does!
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:21 am

Abitaman wrote:Well I watched Zack Snyder's just asleep last night. I knew the movie would be better than what came out at the theaters, but I did not know be this much better. I thought with Warner brother trying to put their hand in everything exact did it would still be a little bit of a mess. Thankfully it was not. It is now my favorite DC movie and is tied with the third adventures movie as my favorite superhero movie. The 4 hours went by fast while I was watching it will probably sit down again this weekend and rewatch.

I'm hearing that a lot! A friend of mine who hasn't been bowled over by DC's cinematic output (except the Wonder Woman movies) loved ZSJL.

Too bad certain personalities and toxic fandom derailed Zack's plan to do a trilogy. :roll:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:25 am

WHAT A TIME IT IS TO BE ALIIIIVE, BOYS!

YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:45 am

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:16 am

Hey, now!

Zack Snyder Answers Every Question You Have About His Justice League Cut

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/movies/a35886906/zack-snyder-cut-justice-league-interview/
verslibre
Compact Disc

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara