'Worlds of DC' THREAD

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:27 am

verslibre wrote:Hey, now!

Zack Snyder Answers Every Question You Have About His Justice League Cut

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/movies/a35886906/zack-snyder-cut-justice-league-interview/

That interview is something else!

Zack all but says (in those words) Barbara Gordon (as in Batgirl) would have replaced Batman after his death in (the beginning of) the third Justice League movie!

Wonder Woman would have led the Themyscirans, and Superman would have been the de facto General of the Armies of Man, in Earth's final battle against Darkseid and his forces.

DAMN :!:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:16 am

Vernon Reid (you know, the guitarist of Living Colour) tweeted:

The #SnyderCut was a much better film than the Joss Whedon Justice League film. It completely reframes both Cyborg & The Flash’s role in defeating Steppenwolf. I liked the chaptered structure of the film. I have my caveats but overall? Well done @DCComics

https://twitter.com/vurnt22/status/1373677281697263623
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:40 pm

verslibre wrote:Zack all but says (in those words) Barbara Gordon (as in Batgirl) would have replaced Batman after his death in (the beginning of) the third Justice League movie!

Wonder Woman would have led the Themyscirans, and Superman would have been the de facto General of the Armies of Man, in Earth's final battle against Darkseid and his forces.

and Marvin the Martian would guest star with his Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator and blow up Earth and say, "There shall be no sequel."
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:44 am

Is that all you got? :lol: :lol: :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:13 pm

Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:17 am

This is interesting. Yesterday, this same article's title was different.

Yesterday: Opinion: The Marvel Cinematic Universe is a nice fantasy. We need Zack Snyder’s superhero stories more.

Today: Opinion: Zack Snyder’s superhero universe is unsettling — but says a lot about our reality

The text has not been changed. This nugget:

The Marvel universe is the most dominant entertainment property in the world because audiences know exactly what they’re going to get from it: a world in which order is always neatly restored after catastrophe.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/03/24/zack-snyder-superhero-movies-mcu/?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=wp_main&utm_source=twitter
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:36 am

verslibre wrote:This is interesting. Yesterday, this same article's title was different.

Yesterday: Opinion: The Marvel Cinematic Universe is a nice fantasy. We need Zack Snyder’s superhero stories more.

Today: Opinion: Zack Snyder’s superhero universe is unsettling — but says a lot about our reality

Not sure if either of those are true. And, I didn't read the article...just don't care that much.

The text has not been changed. This nugget:

The Marvel universe is the most dominant entertainment property in the world because audiences know exactly what they’re going to get from it: a world in which order is always neatly restored after catastrophe.

I completely disagree with this.

The MCU is popular because people have become invested into the various characters. Also, even the worst of the MCU are still decent movies that are watchable. The MCU took the time to make their characters relatable, the connected all of their movies, and by the time of Infinity War, people genuinely cared about the fate of these characters. So, for all of those who were invested, the dusting in Infinity War was painful to watch, seeing Iron Man die at the end of End Game was painful to watch. Kevin Fiege KNEW he had to humanize these characters so people could relate to them, invest in them, and care about them....BEFORE they became "heroes".

In the Star Wars sequels, for example, they screwed up by suddenly giving Rey all of the Force powers without ANY training...without ANY painful struggle. That makes her unrelatable.

The DCEU is all fucked up by the failure of the Snyderverse, losing batman and superman actors, very, very subpar movies like Birds of Prey and WW84, and ending up with a scatter gun approach to their movies...just wild shooting to see what works. Sometimes they get lucky with things like Joker, or they take a more MCU approach like they did with Aquaman or WW...neither was anything like MOS and MUCH more like a typical MCU movie.

Even with the success of ZS:JL, all it does is confuse things. What is the future? Is it the Snyderverse? Is it the new movies WB had planned? Who is the real Joker? Are they sticking with Cavil or are they going with a black Superman? The execs say there is no future in the Snyderverse. But what if HBOMax and ATT want to continue it? They have had NO real organization and as a result there is very little widespread investment from fans in what WB or ATT wants to do.
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:46 am

You "didn't read the article," you "just don't care," but apparently you care enough to regurgitate the same old, same old... :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:45 pm

verslibre wrote:You "didn't read the article," you "just don't care," but apparently you care enough to regurgitate the same old, same old... :lol:

Correct. I don't care about opinion articles about Snyder's superhero movies or JS:JL specifically.

Correct, I have my opinions about why the MCU is the most successful franchise. It has even surpassed Star Wars, Star Trek. That is a fact. The DCEU is so scatter brained that I am not even sure it is a true franchise right now...just a bunch of stand alone movies along with the Snyderverse that has really confused what direction things are really going.
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:05 am

Again, blame the studio. We could have had TWO Justice League movies by now, along with more standalone films, had they not fucked everything up in 2017 and taken advantage of a man who was grieving, a man who trusted they (and Whedon) would stick to the plan and the vision.

They did not. They just wanted their pay and the quickest path to the exit.

ZSJL has bowled over just about everyone who has seen it. I talk to more people everyday who at the very least concede it is a MUCH better film than Whedon's bastardization. But most aren't just saying that/. They genuinely love ZSJL.

So give it a watch. Stop beating the MCU drum like a paid shill and just sit down and watch it. I wager you'll like it, and you'll finally get Zack's approach to the CBM.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:42 am

verslibre wrote:Again, blame the studio. We could have had TWO Justice League movies by now, along with more standalone films, had they not fucked everything up in 2017 and taken advantage of a man who was grieving, a man who trusted they (and Whedon) would stick to the plan and the vision.

They did not. They just wanted their pay and the quickest path to the exit.

That is completely irrelevant to what I was saying. Currently, you have WB wanting to start a new direction for the DCEU, and you have ATT wanting to continue Snyderverse. They can't even agree what direction to take the "franchise".

ZSJL has bowled over just about everyone who has seen it. I talk to more people everyday who at the very least concede it is a MUCH better film than Whedon's bastardization. But most aren't just saying that/. They genuinely love ZSJL.

I never offered a view on it. I'm sure it is "better", but look what you are comparing it to. The few reviews I have watched basically say that yes it is better over-all. But, they traded some problems for others. Some added lines for Flash are simply lame, did you really need to hear his thoughts about brunch? It adds more story for Flash and Cyborg, Bruce/Batman is far better...but the "movie" is far too long. WB was right in that this could have never been released to theaters. So, what was Joss supposed to cut to make this a reasonable 2:30 movie? And, personally, I hate Snyder's slowmo "300" SFX.,,it was the worst thing about the WW movie, and it sounds like he did even more here. In addition, adding scenes to tease a sequel that most likely will never happen was a bit silly as well.

So give it a watch. Stop beating the MCU drum like a paid shill and just sit down and watch it. I wager you'll like it, and you'll finally get Zack's approach to the CBM.

If it goes to some other service besides HBO, I may. But, I am not going to mess around with HBO. I really have no interest in HBO.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:48 am

Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:57 am

Monker wrote:That is completely irrelevant to what I was saying.

It is relevant. There was a plan. There was a track. The studio derailed it.

Monker wrote:
verslibre wrote:ZSJL has bowled over just about everyone who has seen it. I talk to more people everyday who at the very least concede it is a MUCH better film than Whedon's bastardization. But most aren't just saying that/. They genuinely love ZSJL.

I never offered a view on it. I'm sure it is "better", but look what you are comparing it to. The few reviews I have watched basically say that yes it is better over-all.

The "few"??? :lol: Here are THOUSANDs more! Start scrolling, baby! :lol:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12361974/reviews?ref_=tt_urv

Monker wrote:But, they traded some problems for others. Some added lines for Flash are simply lame, did you really need to hear his thoughts about brunch?

No, no, no...that was Whedon. Those lines are not in ZSJL (that reshoot was so obvious). Whatever you're reading, it's not a reliable source. :P

Monker wrote:It adds more story for Flash and Cyborg, Bruce/Batman is far better...but the "movie" is far too long.

No, it isn't. This cut is designed for streaming. It follows a "chaptered" structure. Plus, you've not watched it, so you can't say.

Monker wrote:WB was right in that this could have never been released to theaters.

Stop feeding at the trough of never-ending bullshit WB dumps on a continual basis. This is NOT the "cut" that would have gone to theaters. This is the DIRECTOR'S CUT we'd get later. Stop making assumptions.

Monker wrote:So, what was Joss supposed to cut to make this a reasonable 2:30 movie?

Here you go again, spinning your wheels. The 2017 movie that went to theaters was a 70-75% different movie that Joss shot. That's intel the studio kept under wraps till they could not. That's the whole point of ZSJL: to undo that travesty!

ZSJL is the (mastered) footage Zack had on his laptop, plus a newly filmed epilogue that gives a hint of things to come for the next film that-will-not-be.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:03 am

Another one! 8)

Opinion: The success of the Snyder Cut shows nice guys can finish first — and that we want them to

It’s nice to see the good guys win one for a change.

I speak, of course, of Zack Snyder, whose four-hour cut of “Justice League” debuted on HBO Max last week to praise from critics and audiences alike. “Zack Snyder’s Justice League” is the culmination of a years-long grass-roots effort to convince the executives at Warner Bros. that his iteration of the film was worth finishing and releasing after Joss Whedon was brought in to co-write and partially direct the film.

The acclaim for the movie is a bit surprising. But perhaps critics are relieved to be able to celebrate something big and good and idiosyncratic that was created by someone who is, by all accounts, a decent guy forced to overcome serious personal tragedies over the past few years. Snyder’s behavior in an impossible situation is a wonderful example of dignity that’s worth celebrating no matter how you feel about superhero movies.

Three years ago, I mourned the end of the Snyder era of superhero movies. Never have I been happier to be wrong. And I’m glad the rest of the world is catching up to his greatness — and his decency.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/03/26/success-snyder-cut-shows-nice-guys-can-finish-first-that-we-want-them/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=wp_opinions
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:05 am

The #SnyderCut led to a sharp increase (+64%) of HBO Max app downloads For the week ended March 28

:D

#restorethesnyderverse campaign led the charge on social media with over 1.5 million hashtags, beating Avengers: Endgame where a redemption turn of events for Zack Snyder has the blue checkmarks, fans, and critics alike on his side".

My Snyder Cut cul-de-ballsack has been teabagging Hackmada's face on the daily. What a loser.

#restorethesnyderverse
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:33 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:My Snyder Cut cul-de-ballsack has been teabagging Hackmada's face on the daily. What a loser.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just watched it again yesterday! Diana's intro in the 2017 movie feels so cushy compared to the intensity of ZSJL.

That last scene with Darkseid...damn.

I heard that AT&T might be interested in funding more JL movies by Zack. They don't care about WB and will go right over their heads and show them on HBO Max. We'll see.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:19 am

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:42 am

verslibre wrote:
Monker wrote:That is completely irrelevant to what I was saying.

It is relevant. There was a plan. There was a track. The studio derailed it.

That has nothing to do with what I was talking about....which is how fucked up the DCEU is now with ATT wanting to do their thing and WB wanting to reboot and having movie in the can or planned. There is no DCEU. It is the Snyderverse on HBO, the leftover "Arrowverse" on CW, and there is WB trying to reboot at the theater. There is no shared universe. No wonder there is going to be a multiverse because there is no official timeline any longer.

Monker wrote:I never offered a view on it. I'm sure it is "better", but look what you are comparing it to. The few reviews I have watched basically say that yes it is better over-all.

The "few"??? :lol: Here are THOUSANDs more! Start scrolling, baby! :lol:[/quote]

Read what *I* said. I said reviews that "I have watched". I mean YouTube vloggers that show up in my recommendations. I am not interested in reading a bunch of reviews from over zealous DC fans...ESPECIALLY at IMDB or RT, they're worthless for ANY movie.

Monker wrote:But, they traded some problems for others. Some added lines for Flash are simply lame, did you really need to hear his thoughts about brunch?

No, no, no...that was Whedon. Those lines are not in ZSJL (that reshoot was so obvious). Whatever you're reading, it's not a reliable source. :P [/quote]

You are correct. The bit that I should have said was the Qucksilver scene where Flash is playing with his wiener.

Monker wrote:It adds more story for Flash and Cyborg, Bruce/Batman is far better...but the "movie" is far too long.

No, it isn't. This cut is designed for streaming. It follows a "chaptered" structure. Plus, you've not watched it, so you can't say.

LOL...you guys have argued for years that this is Snyder's original vision. That's what it was all about...taking the unfinished "Snyder cut" and finishing it. There is NO WAY that this 4hr movie could have ever been cut down to reasonable size and released. Joss was handed an impossible task.

Monker wrote:WB was right in that this could have never been released to theaters.

Stop feeding at the trough of never-ending bullshit WB dumps on a continual basis. This is NOT the "cut" that would have gone to theaters. This is the DIRECTOR'S CUT we'd get later. Stop making assumptions.

Correct. So, what would have been cut to get it down to a reasonable size to release to theaters. That is what Joss had to do.

And, I have no idea what WB is saying about it...this is just common sense.

Monker wrote:So, what was Joss supposed to cut to make this a reasonable 2:30 movie?

Here you go again, spinning your wheels. The 2017 movie that went to theaters was a 70-75% different movie that Joss shot. That's intel the studio kept under wraps till they could not. That's the whole point of ZSJL: to undo that travesty!

You are inventing an argument that does exist. What would be cut from JS:JL to make it a reasonable length to release to theaters?

ZSJL is the (mastered) footage Zack had on his laptop, plus a newly filmed epilogue that gives a hint of things to come for the next film that-will-not-be.

I really don't care. It's a 4hr movie that has to tell the back story of multiple "heroes", resurrect Superman, introduce two new villains, tell the story of the Mother Boxes, and tell the story of how the Justice League came together and defeated Steppenwolf in prelude to a war with Darksied. There is NO WAY to do all of that in a reasonable amount of time for a theater release....Zack had an impossible vision, WB knew it, and Joss had to cut out half of that vision and put forth a coherent story...and it could not be done. If ZS had finished it, it would have been another BvsS.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:08 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:
The #SnyderCut led to a sharp increase (+64%) of HBO Max app downloads For the week ended March 28

That is misleading statistic.

What matters is paying subscribers, not downloads. What matters even more is how many of those new subscribers stick around past the free period. If all people are doing is signung up to watch for a free time, and then cancel, then HBOMax gained nothing.

The reason looking at downloads is misleading is because ATT customers get HBOMax for free. So, many of those downloads are simply ATT customers who are subscribed to HBOMax by default and are downloading the app for the first time. Those people do not equate to new paying customers because they were already paying through ATT.
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:08 am

Could Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson Save The Snyderverse?

It looks like it's not just fans who want to see Zack Snyder back at DC.

...Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson has been talking to the higher-ups at WarnerMedia about restoring the SnyderVerse.

He feels that his version of Black Adam will only be properly served should the SnyderVerse still be a thing and has thus contacted a number of executives at WarnerMedia to express his interest in keeping the SnyderVerse alive.

Mikey Sutton of Geekosity has also confirmed this news as his own sources have verified that The Rock would like the entire Justice League (more specifically, Zack Snyder’s Justice League) to face off against his anti-hero in a Black Adam sequel that would eventually lead to a Justice League/Justice Society team-up as they often did annually in the comic books.

Both outlets have noted that Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is currently trying to sort it out with WB himself (for now) and has not yet involved AT&T yet. However, should it eventually lead to this, Geekosity is certain that AT&T would side with the beloved actor.

https://www.fortressofsolitude.co.za/could-dwayne-the-rock-johnson-save-the-snyderverse/
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:10 pm

Still no comments on this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuMAykr ... otUniverse
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:31 pm

Nailed it in every way...from the current state of DC/WB/ATT to the over confidence of Gunn in movies outside of GotG. I agree with everything this drunkard said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey4to_H ... calDrinker
Monker
MP3

Postby TotoStu » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:39 pm

#RestoreTheSnyderVerse

Zack Snyder's Justice League is officially my third favourite Superhero film of all time. Only Superman '78 and The Dark Knight are above it in my opinion. It's basically the DC Comics movie of my dreams. I loved EVERYTHING about it. Hit the spot in so many different ways.

To all the DC fans in here, get that hashtag out on social media - cause we can't let it end there.
TotoStu
Ol' 78

Postby verslibre » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:50 am

TotoStu wrote:#RestoreTheSnyderVerse

Zack Snyder's Justice League is officially my third favourite Superhero film of all time. Only Superman '78 and The Dark Knight are above it in my opinion. It's basically the DC Comics movie of my dreams. I loved EVERYTHING about it. Hit the spot in so many different ways.

To all the DC fans in here, get that hashtag out on social media - cause we can't let it end there.

That, it is. I never thought I'd see the superheroes I grew up reading afforded that level of care and respect.

If WB is so negligent as to not greenlight another Wonder Woman movie that focuses on Diana's warrior side, and a Cyborg film (because there's SO much more to Vic Stone), they truly are a roundtable of idiots. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll see Ben as Batman again unless Zack continues the Justice League-Darkseid arc. #OmegaBeam
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:30 am

verslibre wrote:
TotoStu wrote:#RestoreTheSnyderVerse

That, it is. I never thought I'd see the superheroes I grew up reading afforded that level of care and respect.

If WB is so negligent as to not greenlight another Wonder Woman movie that focuses on Diana's warrior side, and a Cyborg film (because there's SO much more to Vic Stone), they truly are a roundtable of idiots. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll see Ben as Batman again unless Zack continues the Justice League-Darkseid arc. #OmegaBeam

I thought Patty Jenkins was in control of WW84 and the direction change. You are saying WB wanted that change in direction? It seems to me that if you want to change back, you need to change directors...which happen anyway. A billion dollar film is NEVER a guarantee.

Where has Ben Afleck said he will continue to play Batman if Snyder continues his films?

Again, you guys were all in with Gunn and Suicide Squad...but after a very silly trailer, it seems that has changed. You won't even comment on it...too funny.

If you want more Snyderverse, you guys need to get more people to sign up to HBO and STAY ON after the free period. ATT is not hollywood...they are a greedy corporation that wants your money. If they don't see an easy buck, they'll invest it elsewhere....no matter how a hashtag trends.
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:44 am

Monker wrote:Again, you guys were all in with Gunn and Suicide Squad...but after a very silly trailer, it seems that has changed. You won't even comment on it...too funny.

You were silent for a full week after ZSJL. Probably because you had no ammo in the wake of all the glowing reviews it got. I'm sure it was painful for you. :lol:

Suicide Squad's trailer is alright, it's just not as good as the ones we got for the first movie. But I'm not going to judge the movie by its trailer. The Punisher (with Thomas Jane) had a horrible trailer, but it's a good movie.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:53 am

verslibre wrote:
Monker wrote:Again, you guys were all in with Gunn and Suicide Squad...but after a very silly trailer, it seems that has changed. You won't even comment on it...too funny.

You were silent for a full week after ZSJL. Probably because you had no ammo in the wake of all the glowing reviews it got. I'm sure it was painful for you. :lol:

I was "silent" because I didn't have anything to say. I have watched only a few reviews, Angry Joe, Grace, and maybe one other. It's not something I care THAT much about, because it will be a very long time before I ever see it, if I ever do.

Suicide Squad's trailer is alright, it's just not as good as the ones we got for the first movie. But I'm not going to judge the movie by its trailer. The Punisher (with Thomas Jane) had a horrible trailer, but it's a good movie.

LOL...that trailer is BAD. The second trailer is "alright". But, over all, it is no GotG, which is what WB has always wanted it to be.
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:29 am

Monker wrote:It's not something I care THAT much about, because it will be a very long time before I ever see it, if I ever do.

Could've fooled me. Where's RWF? His absence is nothing short of conspicuous. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Monker wrote:LOL...that trailer is BAD. The second trailer is "alright". But, over all, it is no GotG, which is what WB has always wanted it to be.

What is not GotG? The movie or the trailer? That wasn't the design of the first movie. It was based on the comic John Ostrander wrote (and he said he liked the movie).

Gunn apparently is also a fan of Ostrander's run and tweeted out his Squad collection early on. Gunn's potty mouth humor finds its way into everything.

I'm sure it'll be better than the awful GOTGV2, which you loved.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:55 am

Army of the Dead is gonna rawk!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGtRfjpGDdk
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:25 pm

verslibre wrote:Army of the Dead is gonna rawk!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGtRfjpGDdk

How racist. Snyder should be sued.

Dead lives matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz2mS9Q ... loMitchell
Monker
MP3

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara