Re: 'Worlds of DC' THREAD

Postby verslibre » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:43 am

You can't wait! 8)
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:23 am

So, after all of the Snyder cut hype, after spending 70million dollars, after saying how big of a hit it was...

HBO barely gained any new subscribers. So embaressing they won't even release specific HBOMax number but combine them with HBO instead. LOL.

FAIL.
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:14 am

Slow week on the Marvel front, Monker? :lol:

We won. Move on.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:19 am

verslibre wrote:Slow week on the Marvel front, Monker? :lol:

We won. Move on.

i said from the start that for JSJL to be successful it had to get people to subscribe to HBOMax AND KEEP THEM THERE. That did not happen. It was 70million dollars of wasted effort. They don't even release HBOMax numbers any longer. The service is struggling, at best. I'm not going to be surprised when the rebrand the entire network and get rid of HBO completely.
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:39 am

Ah, "first world problems."
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:54 am

Monker wrote:I'm not going to be surprised when the rebrand the entire network and get rid of HBO completely.

Time for you to practice being surprised: "HBO Max with ads will cost $9.99 per month and launches in June."
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:17 pm

verslibre wrote:
Monker wrote:I'm not going to be surprised when the rebrand the entire network and get rid of HBO completely.

Time for you to practice being surprised: "HBO Max with ads will cost $9.99 per month and launches in June."

Yeah, because Hulu does so well with this model.

They have all their theatrical releases. They have all of the WB content. They have their own series. They have a $70million Snyderfest, and they can't attract subscribers. I don't think lowering the price and having ads is going to do much. HBO with ads. Back when HBO first launched, that was a big selling point...you could watch commercial free movies on TV for the first time. They should call this version of HBO, "HBO -". It's actually a downgrade. HBO with commercials, how pathetic. JSJL would probably be 9hrs long.

IMO, this is what happens when you have a trainwreck of a product launch. People looked at it and saw it was a piece of shit and didn't subscribe - or they COULDN'T subscribe...and moved on with life. If they would have waited and LAUNCHED HBOmax with the JSJL and all the theatrical releases, in 4k, on ROKU and Fire, and on ALL smart TV's...they would be competing with Disney+ right now. Instead, they launch a half-assed service not even available on many devices and smart TV's, and not even in 4k...and people just don't care to sign up, or stay signed up anyway.
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Sat May 01, 2021 12:28 am

You'll never not have it out for anything a DC movie or show premieres or plays on. :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Sat May 01, 2021 7:06 am

verslibre wrote:You'll never not have it out for anything a DC movie or show premieres or plays on. :lol:

You mean like Netflix having Sandman? Or, SyFy having Krypton? Or, SyFy rebroadcasting Harley Quinn? All of which I have talked about here is very positive ways.

I want nothing to do with HBOMax....because of their launch and how I could not even get it with my HBONow being subscribed through ROKU. HBO sucks...and I think no where near enough people have been convinced it is worthy of subscription, unless they are ATT customers and get it for free.
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Sun May 02, 2021 1:11 am

Monker wrote:I want nothing to do with HBOMax

Then don't.

See? Easy. :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Abitaman » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:18 am

verslibre wrote:
Monker wrote:I want nothing to do with HBOMax

Then don't.

See? Easy. :lol:

I have actually enjoyed HBO max and a lot of the programing. Hopefully since the Discovery merger, we will see even more.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:25 pm

Zack Snyder's Final Crisis.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:05 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Zack Snyder's Final Crisis.

:!:

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:43 pm

Does DC even have a "universe" now? The "Snyder cut" did not really do anything to get subscribers to HBOMax...at least not permanently. I think they should just reboot it all....and call it the GaimanVerse...use the NetFlix Sandman as a starting point, instead of the usual heroes....and branch off from there :D
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:49 am

Wow, Marvel is just ripping on DC now. First the Superman and Batman "jokes" in Eternals...and now the "Two Faced" and the "Flash" kid writing his book called "Flashpoint" in "No Way Home". it's just too funny. Basically a perfect Spiderman movie...I even liked it and I'm not that much into Spiderman. And, all the Disney+ shows leading up to this and Doctor Strainge 2, WandaVision, Loki, this Spiderman, even a bit of Venom, all using the MultiVerse...

And, it sounds like Gadot is on her way out at WW...the one casting that almost seemed perfect and she may be gone soon. WB's backlash against Snyder casings and distancing them from the Snyderverse, it seems.
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:07 am

Monker wrote:Wow, Marvel is just ripping on DC now. First the Superman and Batman "jokes" in Eternals...and now the "Two Faced" and the "Flash" kid writing his book called "Flashpoint" in "No Way Home". it's just too funny. Basically a perfect Spiderman movie...I even liked it and I'm not that much into Spiderman. And, all the Disney+ shows leading up to this and Doctor Strainge 2, WandaVision, Loki, this Spiderman, even a bit of Venom, all using the MultiVerse...

A "perfect" Spider-Man film according to who? I'm sure it's better than the other two, but I've seen plenty of criticism (all of which you'd write off, I'm sure).

The Eternals didn't make the splash they hoped it would. Chloé Zhao cites Zack Snyder as an influence. I'm sure that's painful for you to hear. :lol:

Monker wrote:And, it sounds like Gadot is on her way out at WW...the one casting that almost seemed perfect and she may be gone soon. WB's backlash against Snyder casings and distancing them from the Snyderverse, it seems.

No, the third movie will film. No idea where you heard that. (You obviously didn't.)
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:43 am

verslibre wrote:
Monker wrote:Wow, Marvel is just ripping on DC now. First the Superman and Batman "jokes" in Eternals...and now the "Two Faced" and the "Flash" kid writing his book called "Flashpoint" in "No Way Home". it's just too funny. Basically a perfect Spiderman movie...I even liked it and I'm not that much into Spiderman. And, all the Disney+ shows leading up to this and Doctor Strainge 2, WandaVision, Loki, this Spiderman, even a bit of Venom, all using the MultiVerse...

A "perfect" Spider-Man film according to who? I'm sure it's better than the other two, but I've seen plenty of criticism (all of which you'd write off, I'm sure).

Perfect according to me. It was all fan service. It may be another 2billion dollar film....during COVID.

The Eternals didn't make the splash they hoped it would. Chloé Zhao cites Zack Snyder as an influence. I'm sure that's painful for you to hear. :lol:

Eternals is OK for what it is. Don't care about the director. Just funny that they make digs at Superman...and that Spiderman makes digs at Flashpoint. DC is becoming a punchline to Marvel's jokes.

Monker wrote:And, it sounds like Gadot is on her way out at WW...the one casting that almost seemed perfect and she may be gone soon. WB's backlash against Snyder casings and distancing them from the Snyderverse, it seems.

No, the third movie will film. No idea where you heard that. (You obviously didn't.)[/quote]

Obviously, I didn't say that...you quoted exactly what I said and nowhere did I mention WW3.

WW3 is her last DC film. There is even talk that they are replacing her in Flash. In fact, it sounds like Flash may be a reset for the DCEU...getting rid of Gadot with a new actress, replacing Afleck temporarily with Michael Keaton...until Batgirl takes his place. And, Cavill and WB can't come to an agreement beyond cameos, so he is basically out as well...being replaced by Supergirl. Yeah, that sounds like a good plan. LOL...it's just a deeper and deeper hole. No wonder this thread is dead.
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:01 am

Monker wrote:Perfect according to me. It was all fan service. It may be another 2billion dollar film....during COVID.

That's what some people are criticizing. It's all fan service the way The Force Awakens was.

Monker wrote:Eternals is OK for what it is. Don't care about the director. Just funny that they make digs at Superman...and that Spiderman makes digs at Flashpoint. DC is becoming a punchline to Marvel's jokes.

And yet The Batman will be a huge hit and there's nothing they can do about it. Zhao said Ikaris is "their Superman" in The Eternals. Punchline...or homage? :wink:

Monker wrote:WW3 is her last DC film. There is even talk that they are replacing her in Flash.

Wonder Woman 3 completes Gal's current contract, yes. But if she doesn't continue as Wonder Woman, they're not recasting her as soon as she grabs the door. People like Gal as Diana and she won't be a quick and easy replacement.

Supergirl is in The Flash. Not Wonder Woman.

Monker wrote:No wonder this thread is dead.

The irony is so thick, I need a Skilsaw to cut it. :wink:

In case you haven't noticed, this forum isn't exactly a hotspot for talk on a great many subjects. You're like a dude who watches only TBS and constantly grumbles "Nothing good on...again!" :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:29 pm

verslibre wrote:
Monker wrote:Perfect according to me. It was all fan service. It may be another 2billion dollar film....during COVID.

That's what some people are criticizing. It's all fan service the way The Force Awakens was.

No, not in the same way. There was real character growth for Tom Holland that involves the other two Spideys, and all the bad guys. There is a real story there that was told, and was good. I bet they are glad they didn't start Holland's version with the typical "With great power..." line in the first movie. Force Awakens, and the sequels as a whole, wasted their nostalgia characters...not even including them all in one scene. Kylo Ren did more to build Rey's character than Han/Luke/Leia.

Rey had the mentor/father figure relationship with Han but just as it was built up, it was over. Leia was all confusing being a general, awkward meeting Han again, and floating around like Mary Poppins. Luke didn't even appear in the first movie until the final seconds. The second movie turned everything upside down and ignored all the setup of the first movie and turned Luke into a depressing character. The fan service didn't happen in the SW Sequels because none of what fans really wanted actually happened. You didn't see the three together. You didn't see Luke as a bad-ass Jedi master. You didn't see the verbal sparring between Han and Leia again...at least not like the original series. They seemed to be so focused on passing the torch to a new cast that they forgot to write a good story and stick with it through a trilogy.

Monker wrote:Eternals is OK for what it is. Don't care about the director. Just funny that they make digs at Superman...and that Spiderman makes digs at Flashpoint. DC is becoming a punchline to Marvel's jokes.

And yet The Batman will be a huge hit and there's nothing they can do about it. Zhao said Ikaris is "their Superman" in The Eternals. Punchline...or homage? :wink:

Last time you guys guaranteed a huge hit was WW2. Didn't happen.

You don't know if it will be a 'huge hit'. And, like Joker, it is outside of the DCEU.

Wonder Woman 3 completes Gal's current contract, yes. But if she doesn't continue as Wonder Woman, they're not recasting her as soon as she grabs the door. People like Gal as Diana and she won't be a quick and easy replacement.

It was reported months ago.

Supergirl is in The Flash. Not Wonder Woman.

Nope, I read it was in the Flash movie. It may be the Flash movie is an attempt to reboot the DC universe and get rid of the Snyderverse altogether....so they can move on. In fact, it may be "Wonder Girl".

So, all that is to your liking; Bat Girl, Super Girl, Wonder Girl? Is there a female version of the Flash? I'm sure everyone will be fine with Amanda Heard if they decide to make her Aqua Girl LOL :D
Monker
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:32 am

Wonder Woman is going to be in Shazam: FotG.

Anything sir Zack Snyder has done is leaps and bounds better than than anything the genre brought out. His films are straight heavy metal. Erase all else and give me the Snyderverse any day of the fucking week.

Flash also isn't erasing the Snyderverse.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:05 pm

LOL...it's just a deeper and deeper hole. No wonder this thread is dead.

It's dead because there's still dead time in between now and the merger with Discovery. It's dead because the last big DC event, they barely had anything to show with Black Adam and Flash because those films just got done shooting and they could barely put out a trailer. It sounds like DC is establishing a new timeline where pocket universes exist, which is everything. Nothing is being erased, just new timelines being created. We'll see what they do but there's going to be a ton of content to pick and choose from.

Nothing what DC will do right now won't reach Snyderverse levels of excitement, but that man can break the internet and garner more hype posting a Thanksgiving turkey with Final Crisis in the background. Just gotta see how things unfold. The merger should close by May.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:54 pm

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Anything sir Zack Snyder has done is leaps and bounds better than than anything the genre brought out.

"300 Rise if an Empire" is horrible....unwatchable for me. Even "300" hasn't aged well with me. When I saw it in the theater, I thought it was great but it is so over the top it is silly and the special affects simply haven't aged well at all.

Flash also isn't erasing the Snyderverse.

No, WB is...it is obvious they want nothing to do with it. Even HBO seems to have turned away from it.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:09 pm

YoungJRNYfan wrote:
LOL...it's just a deeper and deeper hole. No wonder this thread is dead.

It's dead because there's still dead time in between now and the merger with Discovery. It's dead because the last big DC event, they barely had anything to show with Black Adam and Flash because those films just got done shooting and they could barely put out a trailer. It sounds like DC is establishing a new timeline where pocket universes exist, which is everything. Nothing is being erased, just new timelines being created. We'll see what they do but there's going to be a ton of content to pick and choose from.

Oh, please, there have been multiple "The Batman" trailers and "first look" teasers and trailer for Flash and Black Adam. I think you just don't like the direction they ARE taking.

Nothing what DC will do right now won't reach Snyderverse levels of excitement

Of course not...WB is disjoined. Superman, Batman both need "recast" and now Wonder Woman does, too. They have a lot of work to do.

but that man can break the internet and garner more hype posting a Thanksgiving turkey with Final Crisis in the background. Just gotta see how things unfold. The merger should close by May.

Yeah, funny how he can say he is done making DC movies, that WB is not interested, and that there will be no sequel to his JL...then a few months later his desperate fans blow up over a background pic. LOL.
Monker
MP3

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:50 am

Black Adam looks bonkers, but again, that was a tease. The Flash teased Keaton, but that was a TEASE and that's all they had. Marketing for those films still have yet to happen.

The Batman has been in full force since Fandome 1, but that film is its separate thing, ala Joker.

As far as WB being disjointed, of course they are and here's the thing, Snyder's movie verse was always going to end. It was a finite 5 film arc with a beginning, middle, and end so what WB finds themselves in is interesting if they are indeed going with the pocket universes angle, which means anything and anything can be picked up without this tying to this. Different timelines. Henry Cavill can come back and fight alongside Calle. He can also come back versus the Rock and he can also be evil in the Snyderverse. All different timelines.

Zack had Ben's Batman dieing in his arc with his original plans so Affleck was never meant to stay forever. The only way he comes back is with Zack.

As far as the direction, as of right now, I'm mute to it. It depends if it works for me but there are corners of this universe where I'm in or out but I feel multiple things will be had for different fans. We'll see what they do.

And don't underestimate Zack. This is the why he communicates with fans. He can return for a Final Crisis down the road. That was there for a reason.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:58 am

Monker wrote:Force Awakens, and the sequels as a whole, wasted their nostalgia characters...not even including them all in one scene. Kylo Ren did more to build Rey's character than Han/Luke/Leia.

They seemed to be so focused on passing the torch to a new cast that they forgot to write a good story and stick with it through a trilogy.

Incredibly, we agree on something. For once. Savor the flavor. :lol:

Monker wrote:Last time you guys guaranteed a huge hit was WW2. Didn't happen.

You're going down this road again. We were hip-deep in the pandemic when that movie was released. Theaters were like crypts. They didn't want to sit on WW84 any longer.

No Way Home comes a year later, and people are back in theaters. People got sick of not going to theaters and said to hell with protocols and risks. Grown men are starching their Underoos over the sight of three actors playing Spider-Man. :lol:

Monker wrote:You don't know if it will be a 'huge hit'.

The Batman's a guaranteed hit. Buzz is built and building. See what I just wrote above.

Monker wrote:And, like Joker, it is outside of the DCEU.

So? We've known that since it was announced Matt Reeves got the gig.

Monker wrote:It was reported months ago.

That her contract ends with Wonder Gal III? We've known that for years. After the first movie, a new contract was negotiated that included Justice League (regardless of director), two more Wonder Woman movies, and The Flash/Flashpoint. The lady is makin' bank!

Monker wrote:Nope, I read it was in the Flash movie. It may be the Flash movie is an attempt to reboot the DC universe and get rid of the Snyderverse altogether....so they can move on. In fact, it may be "Wonder Girl".

Wonder Girl is a different character. Donna Troy. If they want to bring in her big screen counterpart, I'm down.

Sashe Calle is playing Supergirl in The Flash. She's also getting her own movie. So get ready to party, party boy! :D

Monker wrote:So, all that is to your liking; Bat Girl, Super Girl, Wonder Girl?

Of course. Is there a problem? Those are LONG-established characters, dude! They were created decades ago! :lol:

Monker wrote:I'm sure everyone will be fine with Amanda Heard if they decide to make her Aqua Girl LOL :D

Amber Heard is Mera. Don't pretend you don't know. :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:26 am

Monker wrote:"300 Rise if an Empire" is horrible....unwatchable for me. Even "300" hasn't aged well with me. When I saw it in the theater, I thought it was great but it is so over the top it is silly and the special affects simply haven't aged well at all.

Is this the part where I get to tell you Zack didn't direct the 300 sequel? :lol:

Yes, Zack co-wrote the screenplay and was one of the producers, but it's still based on Frank Miller's sequel GN titled Xerxes. If you didn't like the GN, you won't like the movies. (The same goes for Watchmen.)
Last edited by verslibre on Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:03 am

Matt Reeves' The Batman weighs in: 167 minutes without credits! #Batflex
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:50 am

verslibre wrote:
Monker wrote:"300 Rise if an Empire" is horrible....unwatchable for me. Even "300" hasn't aged well with me. When I saw it in the theater, I thought it was great but it is so over the top it is silly and the special affects simply haven't aged well at all.

Is this the part where I get to tell you Zack didn't direct the 300 sequel? :lol:

Yes, Zack co-wrote the screenplay and was one of the producers, but it's still based on Frank Miller's sequel GN titled Xerxes. If you didn't like the GN, you won't like the movies. (The same goes for Watchmen.)

Dude, it's his franchise. He even wrote a second sequel that was never filmed. The only reason he didn't contribute more to 300 part 2 is he was busy doing the debacle of BvS.

If you have to know of the comic book in order to enjoy the movie, then it's not a good movie. You didn't have to know of the LotR novels to enjoy those movies, or the Hobbit movies. You don't need to know the Dune books to enjoy the NEW Dune movie. You don't need to read Marvel comics to enjoy the Marvel movies. In fact, Guardians of the Galaxy was a very obscure comic book, from what I understand...and it become one of the most popular franchises. An exception would be "2001: A Space Odyssey"...but only because Arthur C. Clarke and Stanley Kubric created the movie and book at the same time, creating the story simultaneously for both...so it's best to experience both. One without the other leaves a lot of holes that need explanation. The sequel 2010 book and movie stand on their own. In fact, there are some CBM's out there that most people don't even know are CBM's. The fact that most people don't know shows how reading the CB is NOT essential to understanding the story in even a mediocre movie...this is just an excuse that Snyder fans are inventing.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:51 am

verslibre wrote:Matt Reeves' The Batman weighs in: 167 minutes without credits! #Batflex

And, Joker 2 seems like it will happen...still not part of the DCEU tho.
Monker
MP3

Postby verslibre » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:20 am

Monker wrote:If you have to know of the comic book in order to enjoy the movie, then it's not a good movie. You didn't have to know of the LotR novels to enjoy those movies, or the Hobbit movies. You don't need to know the Dune books to enjoy the NEW Dune movie. You don't need to read Marvel comics to enjoy the Marvel movies. In fact, Guardians of the Galaxy was a very obscure comic book, from what I understand...and it become one of the most popular franchises. An exception would be "2001: A Space Odyssey"...but only because Arthur C. Clarke and Stanley Kubric created the movie and book at the same time, creating the story simultaneously for both...so it's best to experience both. One without the other leaves a lot of holes that need explanation. The sequel 2010 book and movie stand on their own. In fact, there are some CBM's out there that most people don't even know are CBM's. The fact that most people don't know shows how reading the CB is NOT essential to understanding the story in even a mediocre movie...this is just an excuse that Snyder fans are inventing.

You misunderstood. I said if you don't like the GN, you won't like the movie." Now, one can like the movie and not give a damn about the GN (which applies to most moviegoers).

You just love going off on tangents. :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara