To Go or Not to GO? That is the Question..

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Postby atthistime » Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:45 am

You are so right Marabelle.

LA Women and wakov, your posts are so dumb and childish. Talk about 12 year old mentality. Your views are more along the lines of an eight yr. old, no offence to the eight yr, old's.

Again I ask, in regard to the question of "To Go, Or Not To Go," why should he want to honor some of you with his appearence? Read back over some of your posts within this thread. Shame on you for even expecting him to give you the time of day. Not buy the next dvd? Horse manure. You know you'll buy it. You few people are Journey fans at their worst. You're what he hopes to avoid.IMO
atthistime
Ol' 78

Postby PROPERRY » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:40 am

atthistime wrote:You are so right Marabelle.

LA Women and wakov, your posts are so dumb and childish. Talk about 12 year old mentality. Your views are more along the lines of an eight yr. old, no offence to the eight yr, old's.

Again I ask, in regard to the question of "To Go, Or Not To Go," why should he want to honor some of you with his appearence? Read back over some of your posts within this thread. Shame on you for even expecting him to give you the time of day. Not buy the next dvd? Horse manure. You know you'll buy it. You few people are Journey fans at their worst. You're what he hopes to avoid.IMO

I'm right with you Marabelle & atthistime. It is Steve Perry's decision, NOT anyone elses to make for him, And I'm sure he will do what he feels is right for him!

As I said before, I support whatever decision he makes on that issue.

For anyone to say that "He should get over himself for 5 minutes", :shock: :roll:

OH MY, they should LOOK in the mirror at THEMSELVES before making an arrogant statement like that! That is such arrogant behavior! I can't believe SOME of the mentality here either atthistime.

It is totally rediculous how "some THINK they are so important" that they EXPECT OTHERS to do what "they want", rather than realize it is EVEYBODY'S RIGHT TO CHOOSE TO DO WHAT THEY WANT!!!

Lori
PROPERRY
8 Track

Postby perryfaithful » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:37 am

"No he isn't 12, but he acts like he is. It's clear that he goes where he wants, when he wants"

Gee...the 12 year olds I know do NOT go where they want WHEN they want! What the hell are you talking about??

"while sitting on his fat ass."

Not the last time I looked....and that really is just a dumb comment anyway, huh?

"The question to be addressed should be Why doesn't he do a SOLO project :?: :?: :?:
What's he so afraid of?"

Where did you get that he was afraid?? You just decided that?? How old are you anyway? Your comments are giving away either your age or your lack of class
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby perryfaithful » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:32 am

What has Journey done to deserve such sophisticated, level headed, interesting fans like the Yakov Clan? geeessch
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby LAWoman » Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:41 pm

PROPERRY wrote:

I'm right with you Marabelle & atthistime. It is Steve Perry's decision, NOT anyone elses to make for him, And I'm sure he will do what he feels is right for him!

For anyone to say that "He should get over himself for 5 minutes", :shock: :roll:

OH MY, they should LOOK in the mirror at THEMSELVES before making an arrogant statement like that! That is such arrogant behavior! I can't believe SOME of the mentality here either atthistime.

It is totally rediculous how "some THINK they are so important" that they EXPECT OTHERS to do what "they want", rather than realize it is EVEYBODY'S RIGHT TO CHOOSE TO DO WHAT THEY WANT!!!

Lori

Of course it is Perry's decision to go or not to go. But if he is going to comment publicly on it and there is going to be a thread started here, obviously people are going to state their opinions. So if you are going to talk about being judgmental--take a look at yourself as well.

But, please, now someone actually believes Perry would be "honoring" fans with his presence? Who do you think he is--the next coming of Christ or something? Perry is one more celebrity getting a star on the walk of fame. It may be odd in your world, but most celebrities find getting a star on the WOF to be a big honor and THEY are grateful and normally go to the ceremony and thank their fans. But in the Perry dreamworld the fans are supposed to fall to their knees and thank Perry for accepting an honor? A little backwards, isn't it? Should we also thank Perry for all the money we've given him over the years?

Now, I might understand if a celebrity is just tired of the fame and he wants to be left alone so he stays out of the public eye. But, of course, that is not Perry. Mr. Perry has no problem going on the radio or going to film premiers or even doing an interview or two if he happens to be promoting something. If seeing that reality shatters the Perry fantasy for you, then I suppose you will construct whatever reality that allows you to still believe Perry is all goodness and light and simply misunderstood. Knock yourself out with that dream--he's just a guy who once had a great voice and who currently is surrounded by question marks. And, yes, I will be buying the Houston DVD (if it materializes) because, guess what--it's a JOURNEY DVD, not a Perry DVD.
LAWoman
45 RPM

Postby yak » Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:54 pm

perryfaithful wrote:
yakov wrote:
atthistime wrote:Perry only snubs the band members and the fans that discredit and trash him. Why should he give some of you, and you know who you are, the time of day, let alone, honor you with his appearence.

:x no, here's a fact. Perry snubbed radio interviews when he was on tour. He simply never showed up. The radio guys had a field day with it. Then another time he lied about his age. Tried to be 35 when he was 40. This time he is snubbing his Journey fans, and has nothing but a whiny baby excuse.

I thought respect was something you earned.

We should believe your babbling?? I don't accept POSITIVE Perry stories without some type of written proof...why should I entertain yours??

Don't believe me. It was in one of his Journey Force interviews, one where he was discussing his "birthday...his 35th birthday." But guess what?? BIG surprise!! That part is now gone from the interview on the net!! Anyone who still has the original newsletters can look it up.

All that's left is this:

http://www.journey-tribute.com/journey/ ... aq-s3.html

"3.3 WHAT IS STEVE PERRY'S REAL BIRTH DATE?

Steve Perry's real birth date is January 22, 1949, not 1953 (the date Journey Force / SPIN used). "

Lora and her bunch were in on the deception the whole time.

Maybe next time you look, this link will be gone also.

As for the radio interview the once great singer never showed, so how do you go about proving a no-show?? :roll:

I don't lie. Perryites just don't want to face the truth.

As for Perry "honoring" me. well, you've just got to be kidding! He embarrasses me. The guy is a has been and is using you all just to buy his latest whistle recording. :lol:

Like I said: I thought respect was something you earned.
yak
Cassette Tape

Postby yak » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:13 pm

yakov wrote:
perryfaithful wrote:
yakov wrote:
atthistime wrote:Perry only snubs the band members and the fans that discredit and trash him. Why should he give some of you, and you know who you are, the time of day, let alone, honor you with his appearence.

:x no, here's a fact. Perry snubbed radio interviews when he was on tour. He simply never showed up. The radio guys had a field day with it. Then another time he lied about his age. Tried to be 35 when he was 40. This time he is snubbing his Journey fans, and has nothing but a whiny baby excuse.

We should believe your babbling?? I don't accept POSITIVE Perry stories without some type of written proof...why should I entertain yours??

Don't believe me. It was in one of his Journey Force interviews, one where he was discussing his "birthday...his 35th birthday." But guess what?? BIG surprise!! That part is now gone from the interview on the net!! Anyone who still has the original newsletters can look it up.

All that's left is this:

Steve Perry's real birth date is January 22, 1949, not 1953 (the date Journey Force / SPIN used). "

As for the radio interview the once great singer never showed, so how do you go about proving a no-show?? :roll:

As for Perry "honoring" me, well, you've just got to be kidding! He embarrasses me. The guy is a has been and is using you all just to buy his latest whistle recording. :lol: Which means David Pack will sell five more copies than he would have. :lol: :lol:

yak
Cassette Tape

Postby yak » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:17 pm

yakov wrote:
perryfaithful wrote:
yakov wrote:

All that's left is this:

As for Perry "honoring" me. well, you've just got to be kidding! He embarrasses me. The guy is a has been and is using you all just to buy his latest whistle recording. :lol: Which means David Pack will sell five more copies than he would have.

yak
Cassette Tape

Postby Journeynut » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:07 pm

The birthday thing is very old news and happened very early on when he joined journey and I read Herbie had something to do with it.

And for radio dates missed, I need dates, times, cities, and radio host names.

Keep trying yakov
Anyway, what was I saying.........
Journeynut
Ol' 78

Postby Journeynut » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:11 pm

perryfaithful wrote:What has Journey done to deserve such sophisticated, level headed, interesting fans like the Yakov Clan? geeessch

I am thinking there are some old dogs here with new nics
Anyway, what was I saying.........
Journeynut
Ol' 78

Scratching my head

Postby Eric » Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:20 pm

Who is this Steve Perry character everyone is talking about? :?
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby yak » Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:35 am

The birthday "thing" is not very old news and was not done in the early days.

The interview, which quoted Steve Perry VERBATIM, saying these things himself, was done circa the LATE 80's. Perry was well established by then and lied about his age to everyone. If he's such a man of integrity why didn't he stand up to Herbie and say no? Because it was Perry's idea to lie to everybody, that's why. Maybe he was afraid of the big 4-0.

Why should I give you dates, etc. when all you will do is try to refute everything I say. I know I am telling the truth.

As for the radio hosts, they weren't the only ones ridiculing Perry. The callers did it too. The radio show hosts didn't seem too surprised that Perry was a no-show.

Try again nut!
yak
Cassette Tape

Postby atthistime » Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:52 am

It's all about the Music and Journey's music is Classic Journey and Classic Journey is "The Steve Perry Years." It's all over but the melody remains.
atthistime
Ol' 78

Postby perryfaithful » Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:07 am

atthistime wrote:It's all about the Music and Journey's music is Classic Journey and Classic Journey is "The Steve Perry Years." It's all over but the melody remains.

Adding the YAK to my do not call list! Lots of blab...lots of hostility....NO FACTS!

I AM A JOURNEY FAN! Infinity thru TBF
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby Marabelle » Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:49 am

Someone thought there were those of us who likened Steve to Jesus!
LOL! and, now we are to consider the fact that he lies and pretends to
be a lot younger than what is written on his birth certificate. Our choice today is: Jesus Christ versus Liar! Tough choice. Perhaps the truth lies somewhere between. Though truly I do not think he's Jesus Christ and most certainly he's not the Liar of the Century. Some people just lie for the sake of lying. Patholigcal liars. Some people lie for convienence, out of necessity and lack of respect...or just cause they like to lie. Who knows the reasons we lie. We all know liars. There are good liars and bad liars and pitiful whiny maniupulative liars and of course the recreational liar. Some of our most successful people in the world lie and some of our least successful people lie...perhaps it is a fact of life; a slice of normalcy. There are liars which are reckoned with and punished while others are met with a gradient degree of ho-hums and rolled eyes.
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby Marabelle » Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:52 am

personlly i like the rolled eye liar! they can say the darndest things!
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby yak » Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:09 am

atthistime wrote:hogwash...Horse manure....

Do you live on a farm?

The bottom line here is that Perryites will believe that Perry can do no wrong, and Perry will believe that there's a sucker born every minute.
yak
Cassette Tape

Postby Tornado_Jackson » Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:10 am

perryfaithful wrote:
I AM A JOURNEY FAN! Infinity thru TBF[/color]

Hey, and that's wonderful.
The Rolie-era isn't for everyone, neither is the Augeri-era and neither is Perry. We all have our preferences.
I am glad you enjoyed some of the music put forth by this amazingly talented group. But, if you truly were a loyal fan of this band at some point or another, then why can't you accept the band members current desire to get on the road and play some music?

As a one time fan, can't you simply respect the music the band gave you, cherish your albums and memories of concerts gone-by and simply, let go?
Why must you constantly berate them so?
It's as if you are holding a personal grudge against them.
So much so it's downright scary.
That's not how a formerly appreciative fan behaves.
Tornado_Jackson

Postby PROPERRY » Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:15 am

LAWoman wrote:
PROPERRY wrote:

Lori

Of course it is Perry's decision to go or not to go. But if he is going to comment publicly on it and there is going to be a thread started here, obviously people are going to state their opinions. So if you are going to talk about being judgmental--take a look at yourself as well.

But, please, now someone actually believes Perry would be "honoring" fans with his presence? Who do you think he is--the next coming of Christ or something? Perry is one more celebrity getting a star on the walk of fame. It may be odd in your world, but most celebrities find getting a star on the WOF to be a big honor and THEY are grateful and normally go to the ceremony and thank their fans. But in the Perry dreamworld the fans are supposed to fall to their knees and thank Perry for accepting an honor? A little backwards, isn't it? Should we also thank Perry for all the money we've given him over the years?

Now, I might understand if a celebrity is just tired of the fame and he wants to be left alone so he stays out of the public eye. But, of course, that is not Perry. Mr. Perry has no problem going on the radio or going to film premiers or even doing an interview or two if he happens to be promoting something. If seeing that reality shatters the Perry fantasy for you, then I suppose you will construct whatever reality that allows you to still believe Perry is all goodness and light and simply misunderstood. Knock yourself out with that dream--he's just a guy who once had a great voice and who currently is surrounded by question marks. And, yes, I will be buying the Houston DVD (if it materializes) because, guess what--it's a JOURNEY DVD, not a Perry DVD.

All your talk is based on what you THINK, and you have NO facts to back up anything you say. Again Perry will do what is right for him! That is fine by me!

I'm wondering could it be possible the reason YOU and SOME OTHERS feel, so strongly that Perry SHOULD show up to HONOR YOU is that YOU feel the band really NEEDS Steve Perry to be there????

Are YOU thinking that if Steve Perry does NOT show up, it WON'T be much of turn out with the fans for the other band members???

And did you even consider that it could be POSSIBLE that Neal & MAYBE a few others in the band MAY NOT really want him to show up for the ceremony??? Have you even thought about that at all???

All I can say is.... I think Perry should do just whatever he WANTS to do!!! And OH MY, IF Perry were to come, HE would FILL the sidewalks & streets with thousands of fans for miles around to get a chance to see him!!!! :D

Lori
PROPERRY
8 Track

Postby yak » Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:24 am

PROPERRY wrote:
I'm wondering could it be possible the reason YOU and SOME OTHERS feel, so strongly that Perry SHOULD show up to HONOR YOU is that YOU feel the band really NEEDS Steve Perry to be there????

Are YOU thinking that if Steve Perry does NOT show up, it WON'T be much of turn out with the fans for the other band members???

And did you even consider that it could be POSSIBLE that Neal & MAYBE a few others in the band MAY NOT really want him to show up for the ceremony??? Have you even thought about that at all???

Psych major, right? :roll:

Now why would Neal want him to stay home, especially since you Perry people claim there would be throngs there to see him? That would be good publicity.

And why waste your time here with your support? Perry claims he isn't online, and doesn't even have a computer. So he's not going to see all this undying devotion that he doesn't deserve. Who's Lyin' Now?

Perry is doing what he wants to do, which is SNUB the fans. He's really good at it, too. He's had LOTS of practice.
yak
Cassette Tape

Postby perryfaithful » Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:46 am

"Why must you constantly berate them so?"

What....you hard up to see yourself in print this afternoon? Did not berate Journey. Stated I am a fan. The Infinity thru TBF years. PERIOD
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby perryfaithful » Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:51 am

[quote="yakov"][Perry doesn't even have a computer.

And how would you know that Jackov?
Last edited by perryfaithful on Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby mystichealer » Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:07 am

Have'nt you all realised that this Yakov person is actually Herbie Herbert, who is so totally and utterly pissed that Steve Perry had him fired that he feels its time to take the piss on here, as he's nothing better to do with his life now.

MH
mystichealer
Ol' 78

Postby perryfaithful » Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:59 am

Herbie......not going there!!
Last edited by perryfaithful on Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby Bamamutt » Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:22 am

Perry is doing what he wants to do, which is SNUB the fans. He's really good at it, too. He's had LOTS of practice. [/color][/b]

Some people on this board need to just get over themselves and get a life...STOP ACTING as if Steve Perry owes anyone anything...Let the man live his life....God knows he's more than earned that right 10 folds...If Steve Perry wants to attend then he will attend and if he doesn't so what what ...It is nothing to fret about...Simple as that yet some wanna come on and run the man into the ground...His true fans support his decision whatever he may do...
Bamamutt
Ol' 78

Postby Monker » Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:08 pm

Journeynut wrote:The birthday thing is very old news and happened very early on when he joined journey and I read Herbie had something to do with it.

And for radio dates missed, I need dates, times, cities, and radio host names.

Keep trying yakov

OH, give me a break. Perry kept that lie going all the way thru the mid-80's. He'd probably still keep it going if Perry fans had not searched out his birth certificate to add to their collection. Geesh.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:10 pm

atthistime wrote:It's all about the Music and Journey's music is Classic Journey and Classic Journey is "The Steve Perry Years." It's all over but the melody remains.

The truth is that Perry's singing career is 'all over'. Journey continues to this day. You may not like it, but that's a fact.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:36 pm

PROPERRY wrote:LA Women and wakov, your posts are so dumb and childish. Talk about 12 year old mentality. Your views are more along the lines of an eight yr. old, no offence to the eight yr, old's.

And, you are in blatant violation of forum rules because you personaly attacked forum members. Not that this matters anyway.

Again I ask, in regard to the question of "To Go, Or Not To Go," why should he want to honor some of you with his appearence?

#1. I'm not going to be there. So, he's not going to 'honor' me with anything.

#2. This is to honor JOURNEY, and I thought that you Perry fans insist that Perry is a part of Journey through his songwriting, that HE cherished his time in Journey, that HE was proud of his part in Journey's accomplishments.

I guess he only cares about his accomplishments in Journey when they can be sold to people and put $'s in his bank.

This is the FANS opportunity to honor JOURNEY, not the other way around.

Read back over some of your posts within this thread. Shame on you for even expecting him to give you the time of day.

I don't want Perry to give ME anything. I am just saying that he acts in a VERY selfish way...he never gives of himself to fans unless there is something for him to gain. Maybe if Journey fans each paid him $20, as we would for a DVD, then maybe he'd show up.

Not buy the next dvd? Horse manure. You know you'll buy it.

Yeah, I'll buy it whenever I decide to buy GHLive. But, I'll probably buy that horse manure first...at least I could use it in the garden.

You few people are Journey fans at their worst. You're what he hopes to avoid.IMO

He's avoiding me? Wow, I'm like shocked and stuff.

He's avoiding his 'self', ALL of Journey's fans, and his own past with Journey

Oh, no, but it's up to YOU to make up excuses for him...without any supporting evidence. Then you hypocrits attack others for DOING THE EXACT SAME THING.

Yeah, and if he decided to call Perry fans a bunch of hysterical freaks who follow his every move like a stalker in some Hitchcock film...would you support that?

He can't do it, it's not his nature. It's his nature to think of himself first and put everybody else in line behind him. Is that not obvious? He's has REPEATEDLY done this for the past 25yrs.

And, it's MY right to say that Perry is acting like a selfish bastard. If you Perry fans don't like to talk about it, why the hell did you start a topic on it in the first place?
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:44 pm

Bamamutt wrote:

Perry is doing what he wants to do, which is SNUB the fans. He's really good at it, too. He's had LOTS of practice. [/color][/b]

Some people on this board need to just get over themselves and get a life...

Yep, going about balatantly insulting other forum members, twisting nicks around to make backhanded insults (yakov = jakov = jack off...gee, original there, especialy after the 'you do know what it ryhmes with' bit)

Grow the fuck up people.

STOP ACTING as if Steve Perry owes anyone anything...Let the man live his life....

LOL...like anything said on an insignificant msg forum is causing Perry to fret or affect his life in ANY WAY? But, you ARE right, I *DO* have that God-like power over people.

If Steve Perry wants to attend then he will attend and if he doesn't so what what ...

Then I have the right to say he is acting like a selfish bastard. If people don't like it, well, THAT is where the "so what" comes in.

His true fans support his decision whatever he may do...

Yeah, all four of you.
Monker
MP3

Thats damn funny

Postby Eric » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:09 pm

Whistling CD

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

PreviousNext

Return to Journey