Any April Wine fans on here?

Loverboy, Triumph, Coney Hatch, Kim Mitchell, Tom Cochrane, Glass Tiger...the list goes on...

Moderator: Andrew

Any April Wine fans on here?

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:15 pm

Are any of you April Wine fans?


How do you like April Wine's singer or guitarist or anyone else in the band?


What are some of your favorite songs or albums by them?


I'd appreciate any opinions that you might have on the band!
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3794
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: The Best Location In the Nation

Re: Any April Wine fans on here?

Postby StyxGuy » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:56 pm

April Wine is great, Myles wrote a book a couple of years back but I haven't read it yet.

I haven't seen them since July of 2009 (saw them in 2008 and 2006 as well) as there was a brief period where Myles was considering retiring but wanted to find someone to replace him, then decided to keep touring. They don't tour heavily, so the chance to see them is *maybe* 1-2 times a year within a few hours drive so I haven't caught them yet. Hoping 2020 might give me a chance :)

And of course, as a Canadian who lives in Ontario... April Wine is a classic rock radio staple. Ooowatanite, Roller, Tonight Is A Wonderful Night and others are always playing somewhere :P
StyxGuy
45 RPM
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:13 pm

Re: Any April Wine fans on here?

Postby Journey/Survivor » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:31 am

StyxGuy wrote:April Wine is great, Myles wrote a book a couple of years back but I haven't read it yet.

I haven't seen them since July of 2009 (saw them in 2008 and 2006 as well) as there was a brief period where Myles was considering retiring but wanted to find someone to replace him, then decided to keep touring. They don't tour heavily, so the chance to see them is *maybe* 1-2 times a year within a few hours drive so I haven't caught them yet. Hoping 2020 might give me a chance :)

And of course, as a Canadian who lives in Ontario... April Wine is a classic rock radio staple. Ooowatanite, Roller, Tonight Is A Wonderful Night and others are always playing somewhere :P


Thanks for your reply!

April Wine are one of my brother's top 5 favorite bands, and he wanted to know if anyone on MR is a fan of April Wine and what are some of the favorite songs or albums by AW among MR members.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3794
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: The Best Location In the Nation

Re: Any April Wine fans on here?

Postby StyxGuy » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:47 am

Journey/Survivor wrote:
Thanks for your reply!

April Wine are one of my brother's top 5 favorite bands, and he wanted to know if anyone on MR is a fan of April Wine and what are some of the favorite songs or albums by AW among MR members.


Some of my faves, mostly their 'greatest hits' ;)

Their first album with Fast Train - Stand Back with Oowatanite and Tonite Is a Wonderful Time to Fall in Love - Forever for Now with You Won't Dance with Me - First Glance with "Rock n' Roll is a Vicious Game and Roller - Harder ... Faster with I Like to Rock and Say Hello - The Nature of the Beast with All Over Town, Sign of the Gypsy Queen and Just Between You and Me - Power Play with Anything You Want, You Got It and Enough is Enough
StyxGuy
45 RPM
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:13 pm

Re: Any April Wine fans on here?

Postby hurricane #1 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:56 pm

Journey/Survivor wrote:Are any of you April Wine fans?


How do you like April Wine's singer or guitarist or anyone else in the band?


What are some of your favorite songs or albums by them?


I'd appreciate any opinions that you might have on the band!



April Wine are one of the greatest bands of all time and surely one of the most underrated. Long history, tons of albums, different lineups. Nature of The Beast is one of the most solid records straight through ever, and while their most known, they have tons of other great stuff. Electric Jewels is a fantastic record. Tremendous live band, even still, try to watch them as much as I can. Last was probably 3 years ago(they've cancelled the last couple times they were supposed to be here, hopefully they'll come back. Nice guys too. If you like AW you should check out Trevor and The Joneses.
hurricane #1
Radio Waves
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:41 pm


Return to Canadian Rock Bands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests