Now Playing

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Postby S2M » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:23 am

Balance of Power - Daybreaker

Sorry..STILL can't do links!!!
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
User avatar
S2M
MP3
 
Posts: 11981
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:43 am
Location: In a bevy of whimsy

Postby Carla777 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:45 pm

Enigma / I love you... i'll kill you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxQ8zNOymsA
Descansa en paz Maestro RJD
User avatar
Carla777
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1521
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:06 pm
Location: Chile

Postby Blueskies » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:47 am

Revolution Renaissance ~ I Did It My Way


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3cfvAWKxzs









.
Blueskies
Digital Audio Tape
 
Posts: 9620
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:09 am

Postby Deb » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:10 am

Luba ~ How Many (Rivers to Cross)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyQrok6ON0I
Now Playing: Big Love - Live. https://youtu.be/WDwr63QVzJA
Deb
MP3
 
Posts: 14910
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:23 am
Location: Gotta Love The Ride!

Postby S2M » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:15 pm

Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
User avatar
S2M
MP3
 
Posts: 11981
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:43 am
Location: In a bevy of whimsy

Postby Deb » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:54 am



I couldn't get your link to work? Accoustic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocNorKXL ... re=related

I really like the accoustic, but I prefer the original more. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JilO23G1 ... re=related I love that about the original one, that it slowly builds until it just explodes into the chorus there around the 2 minute mark....especially vocally. You just don't quite get that in the accoutic version.

Another great "Rain" tune I was just listening to today too. :) When The Rain Comes Down (Andy Taylor) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_5UFPYkiUw
Now Playing: Big Love - Live. https://youtu.be/WDwr63QVzJA
Deb
MP3
 
Posts: 14910
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:23 am
Location: Gotta Love The Ride!

Postby S2M » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:19 pm

Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
User avatar
S2M
MP3
 
Posts: 11981
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:43 am
Location: In a bevy of whimsy

Postby Deb » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:22 pm

Now Playing: Big Love - Live. https://youtu.be/WDwr63QVzJA
Deb
MP3
 
Posts: 14910
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:23 am
Location: Gotta Love The Ride!

Postby S2M » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:32 pm

Deb wrote:


S, your links aren't working? :?


Oh..I'm sorry. I'm using my phone. I guess I don't know how to do it....damn!
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
User avatar
S2M
MP3
 
Posts: 11981
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:43 am
Location: In a bevy of whimsy

Postby S2M » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:52 am

XYZ - What Keeps Me Loving You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZfoEarv1U8
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
User avatar
S2M
MP3
 
Posts: 11981
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:43 am
Location: In a bevy of whimsy

Postby Blueskies » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:41 pm

Bon Jovi ~ Have A Nice Day


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCg2BoKiuOM






.
Blueskies
Digital Audio Tape
 
Posts: 9620
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:09 am

Postby Blueskies » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:46 pm

Ashford & Simpson ~ Gimme Something Real


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAc8-nirNWY





.
Blueskies
Digital Audio Tape
 
Posts: 9620
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:09 am

Postby brandonx76 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:12 pm

Turn Up The Radio - Autograph

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHLXnyY537c
User avatar
brandonx76
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1895
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 11:16 am
Location: Beyond the Sun

Postby S2M » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:05 am

User avatar
S2M
MP3
 
Posts: 11981
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:43 am
Location: In a bevy of whimsy

Postby Deb » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:40 am

Broken Window ~ Andy Taylor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJXQTPbVujI


Image
Now Playing: Big Love - Live. https://youtu.be/WDwr63QVzJA
Deb
MP3
 
Posts: 14910
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:23 am
Location: Gotta Love The Ride!

Postby S2M » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:31 am

Poor Man - Treat

I know...the opening line's melody sounds like Bryan Adam's 'Somebody'....so save it. lol


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR7RIWC3HpU

Image
User avatar
S2M
MP3
 
Posts: 11981
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:43 am
Location: In a bevy of whimsy

Postby S2M » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:52 am

User avatar
S2M
MP3
 
Posts: 11981
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:43 am
Location: In a bevy of whimsy

Postby rockinfayrose » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:58 am

"Dance with Me" - Air Supply from their album Mumbo Jumbo released earlier this year. Even after all these years and changes in music style, Air Supply remains true to their original sound and style with the new CD - it plays as a nice blast from the past.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epr_m1Gi2Z4&feature=fvsr
Live. Laugh. Love...And Never Stop Rockin'!!!

...and go visit www.soulinspireddesigns.com
User avatar
rockinfayrose
8 Track
 
Posts: 729
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:58 pm
Location: Santa Monica, CA

Postby Triple S » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:15 am

rockinfayrose wrote:"Dance with Me" - Air Supply from their album Mumbo Jumbo released earlier this year. Even after all these years and changes in music style, Air Supply remains true to their original sound and style with the new CD - it plays as a nice blast from the past.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epr_m1Gi2Z4&feature=fvsr


Nice! I like this one, featuring Michael Johns (one of my favorite AI alumni)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVXlH7Fcmww

Might have to get this.
Triple S
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1927
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:16 am
Location: B.C. Canada

Postby rockinfayrose » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:29 am

Triple S wrote:
rockinfayrose wrote:"Dance with Me" - Air Supply from their album Mumbo Jumbo released earlier this year. Even after all these years and changes in music style, Air Supply remains true to their original sound and style with the new CD - it plays as a nice blast from the past.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epr_m1Gi2Z4&feature=fvsr


Nice! I like this one, featuring Michael Johns (one of my favorite AI alumni)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVXlH7Fcmww

Might have to get this.


I agree, that's a good track too :)
Live. Laugh. Love...And Never Stop Rockin'!!!

...and go visit www.soulinspireddesigns.com
User avatar
rockinfayrose
8 Track
 
Posts: 729
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:58 pm
Location: Santa Monica, CA

Postby Triple S » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:45 pm

Michael Grimm

Image

Just bought this on i-Tunes today, bought the other album as soon as I saw him on AGT. Love this guy's voice. And here he is singing one of my favorite songs of all time - Unchained Melody (since Bobby won't post his version :wink: )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toc37x0B ... re=related
Triple S
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1927
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:16 am
Location: B.C. Canada

Postby S2M » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:47 pm

Absolutely awesome....

Image
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
User avatar
S2M
MP3
 
Posts: 11981
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:43 am
Location: In a bevy of whimsy

Postby Peartree12249 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:01 pm

The Storys - I Believe In Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0g5TKBNjjs
Last edited by Peartree12249 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grammar, the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.
User avatar
Peartree12249
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2946
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:47 pm

Postby Triple S » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:37 am

Who's Your Daddy! (Freddy Curci, Rick Neigher, Adam Gorgoni, Chris Cote - A Cappella with ATTITUDE!!)

http://www.whosyourdaddymusic.com/

Fun album :D
Triple S
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1927
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:16 am
Location: B.C. Canada

Postby Deb » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:27 am

Triple S wrote:Michael Grimm

Image

Just bought this on i-Tunes today, bought the other album as soon as I saw him on AGT. Love this guy's voice. And here he is singing one of my favorite songs of all time - Unchained Melody (since Bobby won't post his version :wink: )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toc37x0B ... re=related



Love him! Actually just saw him on AGT the other night, I've only seen bits and pieces of it and must have missed his performances. Wowzers, he's got one helluva nice smokey rasp to his vocals, real soulful. Great performance last week............... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzMu7tuza3g
Now Playing: Big Love - Live. https://youtu.be/WDwr63QVzJA
Deb
MP3
 
Posts: 14910
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:23 am
Location: Gotta Love The Ride!

Postby Jana » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:00 am

Deb wrote:
Triple S wrote:Michael Grimm

Image

Just bought this on i-Tunes today, bought the other album as soon as I saw him on AGT. Love this guy's voice. And here he is singing one of my favorite songs of all time - Unchained Melody (since Bobby won't post his version :wink: )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toc37x0B ... re=related



Love him! Actually just saw him on AGT the other night, I've only seen bits and pieces of it and must have missed his performances. Wowzers, he's got one helluva nice smokey rasp to his vocals, real soulful. Great performance last week............... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzMu7tuza3g


Contestants can have albums out already?

Why don't they write songs like that anymore? None of the R&B-pop acts have that level of music comparable to that time period, except here and there.
Jana
Digital Audio Tape
 
Posts: 8227
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:21 pm
Location: Anticipating

Postby Triple S » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:11 am

Jana wrote:
Deb wrote:
Triple S wrote:Michael Grimm

Image

Just bought this on i-Tunes today, bought the other album as soon as I saw him on AGT. Love this guy's voice. And here he is singing one of my favorite songs of all time - Unchained Melody (since Bobby won't post his version :wink: )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toc37x0B ... re=related



Love him! Actually just saw him on AGT the other night, I've only seen bits and pieces of it and must have missed his performances. Wowzers, he's got one helluva nice smokey rasp to his vocals, real soulful. Great performance last week............... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzMu7tuza3g


Contestants can have albums out already?

Why don't they write songs like that anymore? None of the R&B-pop acts have that level of music comparable to that time period, except here and there.


Yes - apparently AGT isn't necessarily for amateurs - many of the acts have CD's out, have already performed in Vegas, etc. They're just on there to get more exposure and make it bigger, I guess. Even that little 10 year old opera singer already has a CD out. As for Michaels' original songs - listen to some of the samples from "I Am Michael Grimm", Jana - he's got some good stuff on that one.
Triple S
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1927
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:16 am
Location: B.C. Canada

Postby Peartree12249 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:30 am

Jana wrote:
Deb wrote:
Triple S wrote:Michael Grimm

Image

Just bought this on i-Tunes today, bought the other album as soon as I saw him on AGT. Love this guy's voice. And here he is singing one of my favorite songs of all time - Unchained Melody (since Bobby won't post his version :wink: )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toc37x0B ... re=related



Love him! Actually just saw him on AGT the other night, I've only seen bits and pieces of it and must have missed his performances. Wowzers, he's got one helluva nice smokey rasp to his vocals, real soulful. Great performance last week............... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzMu7tuza3g


Contestants can have albums out already?

Why don't they write songs like that anymore? None of the R&B-pop acts have that level of music comparable to that time period, except here and there.


That's because nobody out there has the kind of voice to sing the material. Listen to Bobby Hatfield nail those high notes at the end of this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A9HN89_14E

I haven't heard of Michael Grimm before. I never watch AGT, but I liked what I heard so far. Thanks for the tip 3S. 8)
Last edited by Peartree12249 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grammar, the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.
User avatar
Peartree12249
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2946
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:47 pm

Postby Triple S » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:50 am

Peartree12249 wrote:
I haven't heard of Michael Grimm before. I never watch AGT, but I liked what I heard so far. Thanks for the tip 3S. 8)


You're welcome :wink: . Actually, although his AGT performances have been good, I don't think he's quite comfortable in front of a huge TV audience just yet. His performances at this venue (where he did Unchained Melody) - he's a different person. Love this one too (Chain of Fools), he really exudes the soul on this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY4AsLEg ... re=related

I'm officially obsessed :wink:
Triple S
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1927
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:16 am
Location: B.C. Canada

Postby S2M » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:03 am

Memo: This a melodic rock board....not a disposable music site.... :twisted: :lol: :wink:
Tom Brady IS the G.O.A.T.
User avatar
S2M
MP3
 
Posts: 11981
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:43 am
Location: In a bevy of whimsy

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN [Bot] and 3 guests