Tommy Is On Rockline Again Tonight

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

Tommy Is On Rockline Again Tonight

Postby Everett » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:14 am

Phone is on the charger. Hopefully I get through tonight!!!!!
Everett
Compact Disc

Postby Cassie May » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:58 am

Good luck to you!

In related broadcast news, the GI/Po8 concert DVD will be shown on Palladia this Saturday and on Vh1 Classic next Friday night.

So, what question do you want to ask?
Sometimes it makes no sense at all.
Cassie May
45 RPM

Postby Everett » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:19 pm

Cassie May wrote:Good luck to you!

In related broadcast news, the GI/Po8 concert DVD will be shown on Palladia this Saturday and on Vh1 Classic next Friday night.

So, what question do you want to ask?

Good question :lol:

Well for one thing i'm gonna thank him for putting rockin
the paradise back in the set.
Everett
Compact Disc

Postby Cassie May » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:47 pm

I would ask when the long-overdue Shaw Blades album will be out, and if he plans anymore bluegrass. Also, is Styx planning on doing any other full albums in concert--if so, which one(s)? :)
Cassie May
45 RPM

Postby Everett » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:08 pm

Well no go for me tonight. I gave up after 25 million trys.
See you guys tomorrow.
Everett
Compact Disc

Postby Everett » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:50 pm

Finally listened to the interview. Same o same o questions from the
callers/coburn. I enjoyed one callers question "how come the cornerstone/
paradise theatre albums are over looked?" Short answer:: "There are just
so many songs to choose from" :roll:
All in a day's work
Everett
Compact Disc

Postby Boomchild » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:54 pm

Everett wrote:Finally listened to the interview. Same o same o questions from the

As if he would say that it's because we feel the music on those albums don't reflect what Styx was as a band. Honestly for a band to ignore the anniversary of their only number one album is strange.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." -
Thomas Jefferson
Boomchild
Stereo LP

Postby Cassie May » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:29 am

Boomchild wrote:
Everett wrote:Finally listened to the interview. Same o same o questions from the

As if he would say that it's because we feel the music on those albums don't reflect what Styx was as a band. Honestly for a band to ignore the anniversary of their only number one album is strange.

Well, I don't find it so strange as PT was DDY's brainchild and the group was pretty well splintered by that point anyway. For my own taste, I much prefer GI and Po8--they get played far more often in my house than PT. It has been over 20 years since I listened to it in its entirety. Just because it went to #1 doesn't mean it was the best album they made. For me, that is GI, followed by Po8. Apparently, from everything they've said, TS and JY feel the same.
Cassie May
45 RPM

Postby pinkfloyd1973 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:34 am

Cassie May wrote:
Boomchild wrote:

Well, I don't find it so strange as PT was DDY's brainchild and the group was pretty well splintered by that point anyway. For my own taste, I much prefer GI and Po8--they get played far more often in my house than PT. It has been over 20 years since I listened to it in its entirety. Just because it went to #1 doesn't mean it was the best album they made. For me, that is GI, followed by Po8. Apparently, from everything they've said, TS and JY feel the same.

There ya go
"So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause."
pinkfloyd1973
Cassette Tape

Postby Boomchild » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:43 pm

Cassie May wrote:Well, I don't find it so strange as PT was DDY's brainchild and the group was pretty well splintered by that point anyway. For my own taste, I much prefer GI and Po8--they get played far more often in my house than PT. It has been over 20 years since I listened to it in its entirety. Just because it went to #1 doesn't mean it was the best album they made. For me, that is GI, followed by Po8. Apparently, from everything they've said, TS and JY feel the same.

Then that's what Tommy should say instead of the lame, non descriptive answer they seem to use. I never referred to it as it being their best piece of work but that doesn't change the numbers which shows that it was extremely popular. That is what bands usually focus on.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." -
Thomas Jefferson
Boomchild
Stereo LP

Postby Boomchild » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:50 pm

pinkfloyd1973 wrote:
Cassie May wrote:
Boomchild wrote:

There ya go

I find it interesting that JY and some of the current Styx band supporters very much like to segment Styx into "that was DDY's, this was TS' and that was JY's". When you hear Dennis talk about what Styx did, he always refers to things as a group and without having them all "put their stamp on it" Styx wouldn't have been what it was.
Thomas Jefferson
Boomchild
Stereo LP

Return to Styx