This year's tour.......

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

This year's tour.......

Postby Cassie May » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:44 am

......will be with REO and Ted Nugent. Dates for April and May are posted on Styxworld.
Sometimes it makes no sense at all.
Cassie May
45 RPM

Postby Everett » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:10 am

I guess sitting through the nuge won't be that bad :twisted:
All in a day's work
Everett
Compact Disc

Re: This year's tour.......

Postby Boomchild » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:11 am

Cassie May wrote:......will be with REO and Ted Nugent. Dates for April and May are posted on Styxworld.

Good to see they are changing things up to keep things fresh. 8)
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." -
Thomas Jefferson
Boomchild
Stereo LP

Postby Toph » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:47 am

Boomchild wrote:
Cassie May wrote:......will be with REO and Ted Nugent. Dates for April and May are posted on Styxworld.

"The Almighty Dollar Says In God We Trust...."

Where is the fan in this? Why would you do the exact same tour with the same touring partners? It proves that only one thing is important to these guys.

Excuse me why I pour myself a cup of Styx coffee.....
Toph
Cassette Tape

Postby Liam » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:33 am

I might go since Nugent didn't play Houston last year.
Liam

"It ain't how hard you can hit. It's how hard you can get it, and keep goin'." - Rocky
Liam
MP3

Postby Everett » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:56 pm

So who want's to go to title town with me? Robin i'm looking
your way 8)
All in a day's work
Everett
Compact Disc

Postby pinkfloyd1973 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:12 am

Everett wrote:So who want's to go to title town with me? Robin i'm looking
your way 8)

i'll pass
"So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause."
pinkfloyd1973
Cassette Tape

Postby Everett » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:23 am

pinkfloyd1973 wrote:
your way 8)

i'll pass

:cry:
All in a day's work
Everett
Compact Disc

Postby Toph » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:30 am

your way 8)

In all seriousness, I really wonder what they expect the draw to be on putting out the EXACT same show with a very controversial figure like Nugent. If you saw this show last year, do you really want to lay down another 75 bucks per person to see if again? Betcha it doesn't draw that well.
Toph
Cassette Tape

Postby Everett » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:54 am

Toph wrote:
your way 8)

In all seriousness, I really wonder what they expect the draw to be on putting out the EXACT same show with a very controversial figure like Nugent. If you saw this show last year, do you really want to lay down another 75 bucks per person to see if again? Betcha it doesn't draw that well.

Didn't see this tour last year. Thought about the chicago show but it didn't work
out with the finances. Don't get me wrong topher i'm not a fan of them doing
the exact same thing this year. But they go with what works. While i'm not
all that thrilled with sitting through nugent a show is a show. Espescially when
it has two of my favorite bands on the same bill.
All in a day's work
Everett
Compact Disc

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:06 am

Are they playing the same city's. I would think they are hitting some areas they didn't get to on last years tour.
STYX new CD coming in 2027
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby Cassie May » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:23 am

ChicagoSTYX wrote:Are they playing the same city's. I would think they are hitting some areas they didn't get to on last years tour.

No, they are not. From what I've read, a couple cities are repeats, but most of them are not. They are repeating this R&R Express tour because it was such a success last year. Also, this tour runs only through May, so I wonder who Styx will hook up with for the rest of the summer.
Sometimes it makes no sense at all.
Cassie May
45 RPM

Postby Toph » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:36 am

Cassie May wrote:
ChicagoSTYX wrote:Are they playing the same city's. I would think they are hitting some areas they didn't get to on last years tour.

No, they are not. From what I've read, a couple cities are repeats, but most of them are not. They are repeating this R&R Express tour because it was such a success last year. Also, this tour runs only through May, so I wonder who Styx will hook up with for the rest of the summer.

Good thing there are enough cities that didn't get visited last year...wouldn't want to have to do any work to create anything new.... :roll:

"The Almight Dollar says In God We Trust"
Toph
Cassette Tape

Postby brywool » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:49 am

Touring with Nugent is a mistake- unless they're trying to gain more press "for all the special times" that Ted opens his yap- which could be the motive. The guy's a lightning rod for controversy, especially right now.
brywool
Compact Disc

Postby scarab » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:24 am

why would the motor city madman tour with two bands that have not had a real rock song in decades?
scarab
8 Track

Postby Toph » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:29 am

scarab wrote:why would the motor city madman tour with two bands that have not had a real rock song in decades?

Come on scarab - this is the new Styx, remember! You know, the one that appears on "That Metal Show"
Toph
Cassette Tape

Postby Boomchild » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:52 am

Toph wrote:
scarab wrote:why would the motor city madman tour with two bands that have not had a real rock song in decades?

Come on scarab - this is the new Styx, remember! You know, the one that appears on "That Metal Show"

Rumor has it that Styx is secretly working on a tribute album to speed metal bands.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." -
Thomas Jefferson
Boomchild
Stereo LP

Postby fightingilliniJRNY » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:16 am

I'm a little surprised they are playing the exact same venue in St. Louis 11 months after this same tour came through last year. It was jam-packed last June, so I am curious what the turnout will be this year. I might be in the area and might check it out for something to do, but I wouldn't seek this tour out again this year.
fightingilliniJRNY
Cassette Tape

Postby scarab » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:03 am

tickets not even for sale but already on groupon
http://www.groupon.com/deals/gl-target- ... t-center-1
scarab
8 Track

Postby masque » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:56 am

Toph wrote:
Boomchild wrote:

"The Almighty Dollar Says In God We Trust...."

Where is the fan in this? Why would you do the exact same tour with the same touring partners? It proves that only one thing is important to these guys.

Excuse me why I pour myself a cup of Styx coffee.....

while I am not excited about this pairing i'm not sure why you seemed surprised by this. going to concerts these days is pretty much just an event....a reason for folks to get together and drink and hang out.....much like it's been forever except with all of the classic rock bands it's just for those long time fans to hear the hits and have a good time.

i mean jimmy buffet comes thru the same cities ever single year and sells out the same mega venues ever single year and sits on the same bar stool to sing the same boring ass shitty songs he always has.....BUT people love it and come back over and over.

to a much LESSER degree (in attendance) bands like Styx and REO are pretty much in the same rut.

and let us all not forget.......these tours and packages are primarily based on promoter offers.....bands have little input on this stuff....and they will basically play and tour with whoever as long as the offers are there and the money is right. simple really.
masque
8 Track

Return to Styx