DC Extended Universe THREAD

Off Topic Babble. The really important stuff...

Moderator: Andrew

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:49 am

Yessssssss:

Matthew Vaughn confirms Man of Steel 2 talks:
http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/09/15/man- ... -superman/
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:48 pm

After cancelling "Dark Matter", Krypton had better be far better than average.
Monker
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:08 am

Sweeeet :!:

https://www.facebook.com/warnerarchive/photos/a.275238161562.177744.205910361562/10155716898496563/?type=3&theater

SUPERMAN: THE MOVIE - EXTENDED CUT & SPECIAL EDITION 2-FILM COLLECTION (1978,2000)
Run Time 188 Minutes-EXTENDED CUT (NEW 2017 1080p HD MASTER)
151 Minutes-SPECIAL EDITION
Subtitles Spanish, French, English SDH
DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 – English (EXTENDED CUT)
DTS HD-Master Audio 5.1 - English, DOLBY DIGITAL SURROUND 5.1 - French, DOLBY DIGITAL SURROUND 5.1 - Spanish
ORIGINAL ASPECT RATIO - 2.40:1, 16 X 9 LETTERBOX
COLOR
2-BD 50
Special Features (on Superman The Special Edition Disc): Commentary by Director Richard Donner and Creative Consultant Tom Mankiewicz; 3 Documentaries Taking Flight: The Development of Superman, Making Superman: Filming the Legend and The Magic Behind the Cape; Screen Tests; Restored Scenes; Additional Scenes; Additional Music Cues; Music-Only Track

Decades before blockbuster Extended Cuts were common, Superman proved a true “Man of Tomorrow.” Superman: The Movie received an ahead-of-its-time makeover for its television premiere – nearly 40 more minutes of story, creating a two-night television event. Audiences had already been swept off their feet by Christopher Reeve’s Last Son of Krypton, and now there was more to enjoy. Unseen in decades, this version is paired here with Richard Donner’s definitive vision of his film, the Special Edition Director’s Cut (2000), to create a supersized celebration of Metropolis’ favorite son that preserves the director’s intent while feeding superfan demands.

"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:04 pm

Yesssssssss.
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Postby Abitaman » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:19 pm

I do not know if someone has posted this already but superherohype.com just posted that Danny Elfman is doing the music for Justice League and it will have the original Superman theme in it.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:16 pm

Elfman very much indeed confirmed that he has tinkered a rendition of the John Williams Superman theme in a key Superman moment in Justice League. I think fans got to realize, though, that Elfman did say it will be a situation where fans may or may not pick up on it so I'm expecting it to be a singular moment where Elman will blend in the theme to what already exists from previous films; Zimmer's Man of Steel score or what not. Don't expect it to be blasting verbatim but the classic theme sure will be there. I'm very curious and excited to see what's cooked up in November!
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:21 pm

Man of Steel Theme: "An Ideal of Hope" - Remix of Zimmer's & Williams' Themes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA3DdP6hvps
YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Postby verslibre » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:57 am

First trailer for Pacific Rim: Uprising. Can't wait. This looks mondo! Giant robots fighting each other and kicking monstrous ass, like a Gundam movie with kaiju. Due in March.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUjicxMPDzs
verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby Deb » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:00 pm

verslibre wrote:First trailer for Pacific Rim: Uprising. Can't wait. This looks mondo! Giant robots fighting each other and kicking monstrous ass, like a Gundam movie with kaiju. Due in March.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUjicxMPDzs

No Charlie Hunnam?! :shock:
Image Now Playing: If That's What It Takes (Live) ~ http://youtu.be/8g2TrEdi5ZQ
Deb
MP3

Postby verslibre » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:22 am

Hunnam left to make that King Arthur movie that flopped.

Rinko Kikuchi, Charlie Day and Burn Gorman are all back. Plus Scott Eastwood, and that one guy who plays Finn in the new Star Wars movies. :wink:
verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:15 am

verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby Abitaman » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:57 am

New trailer is great. Like how it opened with Clark and Lois. Aquaman is definitely a bad ass.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:26 pm

#TheFuckingFeels

YoungJRNYfan
Cassette Tape

Postby verslibre » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:25 am

Justice League ...Thursday night on the IMAX screen at 7:30PM!

Hearing lots of good things. Looks to be EPIC!
verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:54 am

verslibre wrote:Justice League ...Thursday night on the IMAX screen at 7:30PM!

Hearing lots of good things. Looks to be EPIC!

Sorry, but the last preview they released was FAR too much like BvS. Prior to that, I was thinking maybe....but it looks much more like BvS than Wonderwoman.
Monker
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:10 am

I hear there's a lot more going on than the trailers suggest, some major surprises.
verslibre
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:34 am

I'm sorry but Justice League has awfull reviews. Even Forbes, which seems to be all in for DC, said it's OK but not worth going out of your way to see. The most common complaint that I read was the movie in some weird zone where it is trying to be Snyder dark with Marvel like humor...as if the studio ordered them to lighten it up because Marvel's formula works, and that is what reviews are saying - not me. The villain is generic and doesn't even seem to know why he's there or what the plan is. Forbes even said it is obvious that these characters are more interesting in stand alone movies. The first actis BORING "get the band together" stuff and nothing else. Momoa is over-the-top trying to be Aquaman but never really gets by the "talks to fish" stereotypical joke that the character has become over the years. Flash is comedy relief but not much else...a kid in a man's world. Cyborg is unrelatable. WW, who I thought would have been highlighted, essentially takes a backseat to all the guys bantering each other. The way Forbes described Superman, his entrance, and what he does just miffs me...bad writing. I think the consensus is somewhere between BvS and WW....and from what I read, it probably leans more towards BvS.

I really, really, think, IMO, they need to put any plans for JL2 on hold until they flesh out these characters more. This movie just sounds like a mess....No way I will spend money at the theater on it. The last preview left me suspicious that it was going back to BvS dark and crappy Snyder direction...which I hate...and these horrible reviews prove that there are even more issues than that.

And, yeah, I know you'll post the few positives ones...or the good bits of the mediocre ones. But YOU KNOW this movie was not received very well - at all.

For all your complaints about Ragnarok, it still sounds like a much better movie. I even agree that they seem to be trying to use GotG humor, and do it too often. And, they didn't need that rock guy "thing". Har, har, funny...like saying Quicksilver can run really fast. He can get from here to there, in a 'flash'....that was just lame. I blame the director, he should have known he was letting it go too far. But, Hela is awesome. I didn't think I would like Hulk speaking, but it makes him a true character. I didn't mind Thor without his hammer...it forced him to grow as a character - a good writing decision. Valkerie was interesting and I think they could have showed her off a bit more...maybe they could have extended the flash back scene where they battle Hela. Jeff Goldblum was what I expected - he plays the same character in every movie he is in so I didn't expect anything else. Loki was Loki, but he was a bit overshadowed in this movie, IMO. The story was solid and entertaining to the end. Well, I didn't like the "let's go to Earth!" ending, but whatever. It was MUCH better than Thor 2. And, it's doing about what I expect it to in sales. I'd say it is a good four star movie. If you "liked" the first Thor movie and liked GotG1 and/or 2, you would like Ragnarok.
Monker
Digital Audio Tape

Postby TageRyche » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:11 pm

Given that I have not really watched more than bits and pieces of any of the DCU movies because I couldn't stand how desperately dreary and boring they were with what I saw (Wonder Woman being the exception), I had very low expectations for what I would witness when I attended aviewing of this movie.

I was therefore quite happy to find myself quite entertained by Justice League. It wasn't anywhere near as dark and depressing as the other movies despite the storyline. I also didn't find myself bored during the action sequences like I did with Thor Ragnarok.

From the assembling of the varied team members, to the giant set/battle pieces, there was the right mix of humor, pathos and downright thrilling heroics.

I won't say that it was a perfect movie since there were two parts of the movie that I just didn't care for. I thought the villain was another in a long line of supposed world beaters that came off as more of a buffoonish cartoon than someone I would need to be afraid of.

And the movie did drag a little in spots when they had some character development scenes with minor characters. I know that they are important, and not all of them dragged, but at times I found myself think, "Get On With It Already".

That said, those were my only noteworthy complaints about the film and I can only hope that this is the path the DCU movies will take from here on out. This is movie is a good example of how to get me into a theater for a DC movie.

Minor non-plot spoiler warning: There are 2 credit scenes. I won't go into what they were but for those who haven't been warned that the end credit scenes exist, stay through the end.
TageRyche
LP

Previous

Return to Death By Stereo