Kid Rock

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Kid Rock

Postby JourneyHard » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:47 am

How come Kid Rock can have a concert that lasts over two hours, but we keep getting the same 73-minute Dirty Dozen Journey concert year after year?

Journey needs to take a clue from Kid Rock and have a concert at Little Caesar's Arena in Detroit, and have a solid show that lasts over two hours. Lord knows they have enough material. Come on, guys.

I know I am dreaming, but maybe they can get Steve Perry to come on stage for one song. The whole band will take five while Neal is out there with acoustic guitar and Steve Perry sings Trial By Fire. That would be a cool surprise.

But even without Perry, Journey should rock out with a really long set.
JourneyHard
LP

Re: Kid Rock

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:13 am

Arnel doesn't even sing all the songs in the 73 minute set. Some are sung by Travis (back-up keyboardist). Live shows have also been plagued by a muddy sound mix for years. Frankly, on a live level, this band has become BORING.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby tj » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:56 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Arnel doesn't even sing all the songs in the 73 minute set. Some are sung by Travis (back-up keyboardist). Live shows have also been plagued by a muddy sound mix for years. Frankly, on a live level, this band has become BORING.

Deen sang some before he left as well, that's probably why Travis is there. Maybe they can just put a microphone with a coatails tux hanging next to it and play the recorded songs off the albums. Jon, Neal, Smith and Ross can all play act like they are playing (sort of like the beautiful girls in the Addicted to Love video from 30+ years ago), everyone gets to hear the songs and the band isn't put out at all except for travel.

Really, though, if they can't all get on the same page, it may not make any difference going forward. A ten year break is what's needed. Then, they can all come back and try again when they are almost 80. I think we may have seen the last of Journey.
tj
Cassette Tape

Postby cinkidd » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:15 am

Journey came to Jacksonville a few months ago and I wasn't even interested even knowing this could be the last time they ever tour again. The only reason that I was even slightly interested was that Steve Smith was back.

The only way to will ever go to another Journey concert is if Steve Perry is there and singing. I would love for them to have all former members come out and do a last tour hurrah, but I doubt that will ever happen.

Rich the Jacksonville Guy
Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
cinkidd
45 RPM

Postby bellairepark73 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:53 am

cinkidd wrote:Journey came to Jacksonville a few months ago and I wasn't even interested even knowing this could be the last time they ever tour again. The only reason that I was even slightly interested was that Steve Smith was back.

The only way to will ever go to another Journey concert is if Steve Perry is there and singing. I would love for them to have all former members come out and do a last tour hurrah, but I doubt that will ever happen.

Rich the Jacksonville Guy

Yeah that's pretty much goes for me and a whole host of fans...the only way JOURNEY is coming back as a viable band is with ole Stevie. Steve once again has the fate of the Journey universe in his hand. Neal knows this full well therefore the training (break) for the long distance marathon. Im just a lowly fan among hundreds of thousands but I also wouldn't go to see Journey without Stevie. Not even if someone gave me front row seats for free. I saw them at what was quite possibly the last time they might appear as a fully functioning group at the Classic East July 31 and it felt like goodbye.
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby Aaron » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:26 am

It pains me to say it but TNC and I agree! 8)

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Arnel doesn't even sing all the songs in the 73 minute set. Some are sung by Travis (back-up keyboardist). Live shows have also been plagued by a muddy sound mix for years. Frankly, on a live level, this band has become BORING.
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Return to Journey