Dont Stop Believeland! (Cleveland Indians- cover of Journey'

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Dont Stop Believeland! (Cleveland Indians- cover of Journey'

Postby tater1977 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:54 pm

( Someone set me straight, I didn't think you could pen new lyrics unless
you got permission from the copyright owner/s ? )

Dont Stop Believeland! (Cleveland Indians- cover of Journey's 'Don't Stop Believing')

https://youtu.be/n6VVOfuN7ZI
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Re: Dont Stop Believeland! (Cleveland Indians- cover of Jour

Postby perryfan61 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:59 am

I'd be interested to find out what the rules are too. Seems like it shouldn't be allowed, but maybe I'm wrong.
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby scarab » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:05 am

my guess because it is a (real bad) parody and or not for financial gain.
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Journey/Survivor » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:45 am

tater1977 wrote:( Someone set me straight, I didn't think you could pen new lyrics unless
you got permission from the copyright owner/s ? )

Dont Stop Believeland! (Cleveland Indians- cover of Journey's 'Don't Stop Believing')

https://youtu.be/n6VVOfuN7ZI

Back in 1986 when the Cleveland Browns were in the AFC Championship game, there were a lot of covers of songs like "Louie Louie" and "Return To Sender" that were changed to "Bernie Bernie" and "Return To Denver."

From what I've heard Weird Al Yankovic has said that he does not need permission to change lyrics for his songs. He only asks the original artist as a good will gesture.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:47 am

scarab wrote:my guess because it is a (real bad) parody and or not for financial gain.

I haven't heard it yet, but I think that you're probably right? It's probably just intended to be local here in Cleveland, and only for fans to root for the Indians?
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby bellairepark73 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:55 pm

Journey/Survivor wrote:
scarab wrote:my guess because it is a (real bad) parody and or not for financial gain.

I haven't heard it yet, but I think that you're probably right? It's probably just intended to be local here in Cleveland, and only for fans to root for the Indians?

I seem to remember that there was this guy who also did that with DSB and Steve said he should have gotten permission.
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby bellairepark73 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:01 pm

Any one know if there is any truth to Steve not renewing his subscription seats to SF games and SF Giants no longer using Lights or DSB? Anything to that? Something to wonder about or 'that's nothing'?
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby SF-Dano » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:09 am

bellairepark73 wrote:Any one know if there is any truth to Steve not renewing his subscription seats to SF games and SF Giants no longer using Lights or DSB? Anything to that? Something to wonder about or 'that's nothing'?

Don't know about the seats, but have been to a few Giants games this season and I believe they still play both. Definitely heard Lights every game (5) I was at this season.
SF-Dano
Cassette Tape

Postby bellairepark73 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:58 am

SF-Dano wrote:
bellairepark73 wrote:Any one know if there is any truth to Steve not renewing his subscription seats to SF games and SF Giants no longer using Lights or DSB? Anything to that? Something to wonder about or 'that's nothing'?

Don't know about the seats, but have been to a few Giants games this season and I believe they still play both. Definitely heard Lights every game (5) I was at this season.
Thanks Dano. I read several articles online that since July they stopped playing it and replaced it with something else.
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby annie89509 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:36 pm

oh boy :roll: ... another ball club hijacking the song for championship run. If the Indians make it to the WS, might SP get an invitation to be their personal (good luck) mascot, like other teams have done?
annie89509
Stereo LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:16 pm

annie89509 wrote:oh boy :roll: ... another ball club hijacking the song for championship run. If the Indians make it to the WS, might SP get an invitation to be their personal (good luck) mascot, like other teams have done?

A few years ago, for some reason, the Indians would play "Wheel In The Sky" after every win. I always wondered why they played WITS instead of DSB?
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Return to Journey