New Augeri Vids

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

New Augeri Vids

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:08 am

"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Re: New Augeri Vids

Postby FamilyMan » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:09 am

Just curious... Does Augeri need - and did he in fact receive - permission from Journey to sing the catalogue?
"I'd love to hear his voice again." - Neal Schon 2008
FamilyMan
8 Track

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:46 am

FamilyMan wrote:Just curious... Does Augeri need - and did he in fact receive - permission from Journey to sing the catalogue?

Doubt he needs the permission. But he has received it anyway.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby slucero » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:57 pm

https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/roya ... over-songs
Performing a Live Cover Version of Another Artist's Song

According to SESAC, one of the three big Performing Rights Organizations (PRO) in the US, “Anyone who plays copyrighted music in a public establishment is required to obtain advanced permission from the copyright owner, or their representative.” A PRO, sometimes referred to as Performing Rights Society (PRS), is a licensing agent for songwriters and their music publishing companies, and it coordinates royalties for the appropriate parties. (Amazingly, “SESAC” is not an acronym—the name doesn't stand for anything.)

However, the responsibility for procuring this license usually falls on the venue or organization hosting the band. Owners of performance venues purchase license agreements from one or all of the big PROs. In addition to SESAC, the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) and Broadcast Music, Inc. (BMI) also coordinate performance licensing for such venues.

So, if you perform cover songs at weddings or nightclubs, the venue would need to have the appropriate licensing agreement or face legal exposure. (The same obviously goes for venues hosting tribute bands—bands that cover many songs by the same bands.)

Each of the three PROs covers certain artists, so the entity one goes to depends on the songs being performed. Many locations get performance rights from more than one PRO, as artists whose work might be performed are covered by different licensing agents.

The rates a venue can expect to pay for performance rights can vary: costs depend on type of venue, type of performance, frequency of performances, entrance fees, and other factors. Certain venues are exempt from royalty requirements altogether: churches and other places of worship often qualify for exemption, as can non-profit educational venues (so long as the songs are part of an in-person teaching activity). Anyone considering whether a performance will be exempt should check with the appropriate PRO in advance.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby JourneyHard » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:31 am

Augeri needs to do a tour and perform a lot of material off of Arrival. That would be cool.
JourneyHard
LP

Postby scarab » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:08 am

Would love to see him do an Arrival full setlist start to finish. He sounded great and his song Live and Breathe is awesome.
Sadly, even for Journey itself, everyone wants to hear the "hits".

Just wish they would have let him heal and take time off. But the Journey machine was in high tilt.
This whole Journey Schon vs Cain thing is the best thing that could ever happen for Arnel. Get off the Journey train and take some time off.
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Memorex » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:50 am

I'm going to schedule a hearing test for this upcoming week. Cause I sure as hell ain't hearing what you all are hearing. Sorry, but these do not sound good to me. But I'll hand it to him for staying out there and doing his thing. I hope he does well.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:24 pm

Memorex wrote:I'm going to schedule a hearing test for this upcoming week. Cause I sure as hell ain't hearing what you all are hearing. Sorry, but these do not sound good to me. But I'll hand it to him for staying out there and doing his thing. I hope he does well.

He does some songs (like Stone in Live) better than others. I'd see him in a heartbeat.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Tomulator » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:12 pm

Ouch!

Bad...just BAD.

No voice left to speak of IMO.
"I was merely probing the patient for muscle tone and skeletal girth. We mock what we don't understand."
Tomulator
Cassette Tape

Postby bellairepark73 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:31 am

Memorex wrote:I'm going to schedule a hearing test for this upcoming week. Cause I sure as hell ain't hearing what you all are hearing. Sorry, but these do not sound good to me. But I'll hand it to him for staying out there and doing his thing. I hope he does well.

I agree with you. What does everyone hear that we don't. Must be loosing our hearing. I hear the faint whispers of something but not much. He is struggling. I will take a phenomenal singer like Arnel any day over him. I couldn't even listen to the rest of the 1st one without wanting to put cotton in my ears.
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby bellairepark73 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:39 am

Tomulator wrote:Ouch!

Bad...just BAD.

No voice left to speak of IMO.

Im with you Tomulator. That was just...plain bad. My god. And people criticize Steve? !? Please.
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:01 am

Haters gonna hate.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby DracIsBack » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:30 am

Tomulator wrote:No voice left to speak of IMO.

The melodrama is strong with this one ...
DracIsBack
8 Track

Postby lparn » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:26 am

Saw him in Woodstock ct in Sept coming off rock pack show
His voice seemed to warm up after a few songs was nice to see the cover songs
Big e sun show was really good
He spent about an hour or so signing autographs and taking photos
With everyone really genuine humble guy
I have videos unfortunately I don't post to YouTube and mine are really amateuryou
lparn
45 RPM

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:36 am

Since departing Journey, Augeri has consistently released solo songs with pretty good hooks.
Hours in the Day, Tin Soldier, Rest of my Life, Rich Mans World, Faces

Maybe someday Frontiers will put it on an album
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby annie89509 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:26 pm

I'm sorry, nothing against SA, but those renditions are really bad. I just don't understand why he's out there singing old Journey songs that is obviously out of his range. I mean, there is a reason why SP won't attempt them anymore.

Good for SA to be still singing and performing, but (imo) he should stick to his own songs.
annie89509
Stereo LP

Postby perryfan61 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:32 pm

annie89509 wrote:I'm sorry, nothing against SA, but those renditions are really bad. I just don't understand why he's out there singing old Journey songs that is obviously out of his range. I mean, there is a reason why SP won't attempt them anymore.

Good for SA to be still singing and performing, but (imo) he should stick to his own songs.

Agreed. Although possibly no one would show up if he didn't sing the songs people want to hear. Still, I find them painful to listen to.
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby annie89509 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:47 pm

perryfan61 wrote:
annie89509 wrote:I'm sorry, nothing against SA, but those renditions are really bad. I just don't understand why he's out there singing old Journey songs that is obviously out of his range. I mean, there is a reason why SP won't attempt them anymore.

Agreed. Although possibly no one would show up if he didn't sing the songs people want to hear. Still, I find them painful to listen to.

yes, I agree with you, pf61, but is it really better for people to show up and be embarrassed for him? There are dozens of Journey cover bands with the lead singer doing much better jobs with those songs.

SA fans will show up regardless of which songs he chooses to sing. Hardcore Journey fans will feel sorry for him. Casual J fans will laugh at him. Either way, no benefit for him to sing those songs (originated by SP). That is, unless he really wants to sing those songs to look bad.
annie89509
Stereo LP

Postby perryfan61 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:58 pm

And so we are agreed. SA should stick to singing his own music, which he does well, and leave the Journey songs out of his set list. If this causes some people to stay away, then that's fine...they wouldn't have been happy hearing him singing them anyway.
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby marco17 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:02 am

The reality is that regardless to whether he sounds good or not, the people booking him to perform want him to sing the Journey catalog... They aren't and WON'T book him to sing Tall Stories, Tyketto, and SA solo material. If he's not doing Journey, they don't want him, end of story.
marco17
8 Track

Postby Ritchie » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:26 am

Augeri is a real nice guy and he is certainly as humble as Arnel is.
Despite some controversy during his tenure he has earned the right to ride those coattails to oblivion.
Love his latest original songwriting.
Ritchie
Ol' 78

Return to Journey