Marvel Movie thread

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: Marvel Movie thread

Postby verslibre » Mon May 21, 2018 10:38 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Journey is an A-list Rock N Roll band. Iconic. Not selling Quaddruple Gold Platonic Infinity Stone records is comical lol.


How could they drop the ball? They're making Queensryche look like Rush right about now. :lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6457
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: Marvel Movie thread

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon May 21, 2018 10:56 am

verslibre wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:Journey is an A-list Rock N Roll band. Iconic. Not selling Quaddruple Gold Platonic Infinity Stone records is comical lol.


How could they drop the ball? They're making Queensryche look like Rush right about now. :lol:


The Journey "Generations" thread back in 2005 had more activity than in here lol.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2681
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: Marvel Movie thread

Postby verslibre » Mon May 21, 2018 2:12 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6457
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: Marvel Movie thread

Postby RedWingFan » Tue May 22, 2018 9:36 am

Like I said long ago. Marvel fans don't need a thread to constantly circle jerk each other talking about how awesome the next film is going to be then constantly make excuses for said films afterward.

Congratulations on the DC threads high post count. The only thing DC is winning at. Lol.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
User avatar
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape
 
Posts: 7843
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:37 pm
Location: The Peoples Republic of Michigan

Re: Marvel Movie thread

Postby verslibre » Tue May 22, 2018 9:55 am

Then why did you start this thread?

RedWingFan wrote:I'm looking forward to all of it. Years ago I couldn't give a damn about AntMan, but hell, at this point anything by Marvel will be gold.


:lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6457
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: Marvel Movie thread

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue May 22, 2018 11:58 am

It's good to know that Marvel built a cinematic universe over the past 10 years of buildup not even worthy enough for their own fans to talk about lol.

Lawd.

There's one thing 1 would change in the finale. Can't wait for you guys to see it so I can talk about it.


:lol:

Well? Get'ta talkin'..
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2681
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: Marvel Movie thread

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Tue May 22, 2018 12:16 pm

verslibre wrote:Then why did you start this thread?


:idea:
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2681
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: Marvel Movie thread

Postby verslibre » Wed May 23, 2018 7:46 am

“A culmination of 22 interconnected films, the fourth installment of the Avengers saga will draw audiences to witness the turning point of this epic journey. Our beloved heroes will truly understand how fragile this reality is and the sacrifices that must be made to uphold it.”


https://mcucosmic.com/2018/05/22/first-synopsis-for-avengers-4-released/
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6457
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: Marvel Movie thread

Postby RedWingFan » Wed May 23, 2018 10:09 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:It's good to know that Marvel built a cinematic universe over the past 10 years of buildup not even worthy enough for their own fans to talk about lol.

Lawd.

There's one thing 1 would change in the finale. Can't wait for you guys to see it so I can talk about it.


:lol:

Well? Get'ta talkin'..

Well, have you seen it yet? Or are you just waiting for MOS 2? I'm sure it's not dark enough for you anyway. I've already discussed the movie with people who actually matter.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
User avatar
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape
 
Posts: 7843
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:37 pm
Location: The Peoples Republic of Michigan

Re: Marvel Movie thread

Postby verslibre » Wed May 23, 2018 10:22 am

RedWingFan wrote:Well, have you seen it yet? Or are you just waiting for MOS 2? I'm sure it's not dark enough for you anyway. I've already discussed the movie with people who actually matter.


It's all unicorns and rainbows with you, huh? :lol:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6457
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: Marvel Movie thread

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed May 23, 2018 10:32 am

Did I see it? Yep. Am I waiting for Man of Steel 2? Yep. Is it not dark enough? Ridiculous statement. It actually went places where I thought Marvel would never take it and got "dark" in some moments. The ending was exhilarating and people were more quiet than Man of Steel's third act. I will say I still despise the forced humor. There's a ton of irrelevant stupid stuff that takes away but the badass stuff was worth the price of admission and it hit. Thor shocked me. The Russo's did a phenomenal job and I would watch the shit out of a Russo Thor film (and I loathed TDW.) Lots of characters I still have no connection with but Evans and RDJR's future and how they will exit is important for the next phase because it doesn't get bigger than Thanos. They will probably go cosmic next.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2681
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: Marvel Movie thread

Postby verslibre » Wed May 23, 2018 10:47 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Did I see it? Yep. Am I waiting for Man of Steel 2? Yep. Is it not dark enough? Ridiculous statement. It actually went places where I thought Marvel would never take it and got "dark" in some moments. The ending was exhilarating and people were more quiet than Man of Steel's third act. I will say I still despise the forced humor. There's a ton of irrelevant stupid stuff that takes away but the badass stuff was worth the price of admission and it hit. Thor shocked me. The Russo's did a phenomenal job and I would watch the shit out of a Russo Thor film (and I loathed TDW.) Lots of characters I still have no connection with but Evans and RDJR's future and how they will exit is important for the next phase because it doesn't get bigger than Thanos. They will probably go cosmic next.


I couldn't believe it. Thor had the best arc of any character. He was one of only that got applause from all the kids in the rows around me. The other was when Steve Rogers first shows up. In fact, I was kind of disappointed Evans didn't do as much as I thought he would. Holland and Stark got way too much time, as usual. But I couldn't believe Thor got the best beats. And when he showed up with Stormbreaker and started kicking ass, I thought "Shit, this is way better than Ragnarok." When Thor cleaved Thanos, I thought he'd mortally wounded him. He looked like he meant business.

Okay, RWF, so now that we have all seen it, what in the third act would you change?
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6457
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: Marvel Movie thread

Postby verslibre » Wed May 23, 2018 10:47 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:I will say I still despise the forced humor.


A big two thumbs down to the Guardians again, mainly the goofy shit with Star-Lord and Drax. Enough is enough, and I've seen AND heard too much.

YoungJRNYfan wrote:They will probably go cosmic next.


They'll have to do Secret Wars.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6457
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: Marvel Movie thread

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Wed May 23, 2018 12:00 pm

I couldn't believe it. Thor had the best arc of any character. He was one of only that got applause from all the kids in the rows around me.


Same here! I saw what they did to him in Ragnorak and the stuff I saw made me feel embarrassed for Thor fans. I wouldn't be able to stomach, as a fan, my favorite character being used as a Saturday Night Live skit and that's exactly what Hemmsworth had become.

But how he was handled in IW was brilliant. When he showed up and launched from the sky with Rocket Racoon, the theater buzzed. Absolutely loved that. It was like a totally different character done RIGHT. It just goes to show how these actors who got slighted need the right people around them to make their performance stick out. That's exactly what the Russo's did. It actually irritates me Thor is affiliated with GotG because that shit is moronic. I thought Whedon's dipshit dialogue in JL was shitacular but the GoTG stuff is not for me. I'd love to see phase whatever the hell they're on be focused around the Russo's Thor. I would dig that.

In fact, I was kind of disappointed Evans didn't do as much as I thought he would.


Yep. Wasn't expecting such a meh role from Cap when I thought he'd be the most focused. He was kind of forgetable and an afterthought.

He looked like he meant business.


Exactly. This is the shit I love. Thor seemed like a big-time player where the creators actually gave a damn about
the character. They took him serious. He felt like a chess piece rather than a brainless Mr.Potato Head like his previous two outings.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2681
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: Marvel Movie thread

Postby verslibre » Thu May 24, 2018 2:36 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Yep. Wasn't expecting such a meh role from Cap when I thought he'd be the most focused. He was kind of forgetable and an afterthought.


Cap's been doing this and that as Nomad, along with Widow and Falcon, for two years, and the only evidence of it was the new suit and the beard. They just walked back into everything like they'd never been gone. We're not going to get a proper cap to his trilogy. Evans says he's done after A4.

Banner was annoying, too. I assume they wanted to save him for a massive Hulk-a-thon in the next movie. He wasn't too effective against Thanos when that should have been the fight of the century, with metals being peeled off the sides of the ship to be used as bludgeons.

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Exactly. This is the shit I love. Thor seemed like a big-time player where the creators actually gave a damn about the character. They took him serious. He felt like a chess piece rather than a brainless Mr.Potato Head like his previous two outings.


That's what sucked about Ragnarok. The opening sequence was killer and it was all downhill from there. They crammed the destruction of Asgard (Surtur saga), Hela's arc and a diluted version of World War Hulk into one single movie. ALL of those storylines require their own movie. That is the definition of overstuffed. And then there was the nonstop parade of cheeseball one-liners. Oof!
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6457
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: Marvel Movie thread

Postby RedWingFan » Fri May 25, 2018 1:10 pm

verslibre wrote:
Okay, RWF, so now that we have all seen it, what in the third act would you change?

Well I thought they tipped their hand by seeing the time stone used by Thanos to rip the mind stone from Vision. I thought the next film would have someone use it to undo everyone's deaths.
But then I read somewhere that Dr. Strange may have opened a portal to another dimension or their training dimension and fooling Thanos into thinking he had accomplished all he wanted. Don't know if they could fool him with him having the reality stone.
Now I don't think they're going to do the time travel thing to undo everything.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
User avatar
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape
 
Posts: 7843
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:37 pm
Location: The Peoples Republic of Michigan

Re: Marvel Movie thread

Postby verslibre » Sat May 26, 2018 1:29 am

RedWingFan wrote:
verslibre wrote:
Okay, RWF, so now that we have all seen it, what in the third act would you change?

Well I thought they tipped their hand by seeing the time stone used by Thanos to rip the mind stone from Vision. I thought the next film would have someone use it to undo everyone's deaths.
But then I read somewhere that Dr. Strange may have opened a portal to another dimension or their training dimension and fooling Thanos into thinking he had accomplished all he wanted. Don't know if they could fool him with him having the reality stone.
Now I don't think they're going to do the time travel thing to undo everything.


That's a theory, yes. Strange used it against Dormammu so it would make sense he used it again.

I thought you were going to say you would have changed how ridiculous Iron Man's abilities in the film were. Nanotech is one thing but those shenanigans at the end suggested the Iron Sorcerer Supreme. :lol: In a scenario like that, if Strange is anything like his comics counterpart, he's the most effective combatant.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6457
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: Marvel Movie thread

Postby RedWingFan » Sat May 26, 2018 10:57 pm

verslibre wrote:
RedWingFan wrote:
verslibre wrote:
Okay, RWF, so now that we have all seen it, what in the third act would you change?

Well I thought they tipped their hand by seeing the time stone used by Thanos to rip the mind stone from Vision. I thought the next film would have someone use it to undo everyone's deaths.
But then I read somewhere that Dr. Strange may have opened a portal to another dimension or their training dimension and fooling Thanos into thinking he had accomplished all he wanted. Don't know if they could fool him with him having the reality stone.
Now I don't think they're going to do the time travel thing to undo everything.


That's a theory, yes. Strange used it against Dormammu so it would make sense he used it again.

I thought you were going to say you would have changed how ridiculous Iron Man's abilities in the film were. Nanotech is one thing but those shenanigans at the end suggested the Iron Sorcerer Supreme. :lol: In a scenario like that, if Strange is anything like his comics counterpart, he's the most effective combatant.

I honestly don't know what you're talking about regarding Iron Man. I really need to see it again. Saw it opening weekend and it seems like a year ago.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
User avatar
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape
 
Posts: 7843
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:37 pm
Location: The Peoples Republic of Michigan

Re: Marvel Movie thread

Postby Monker » Thu May 31, 2018 1:02 pm

verslibre wrote:
RedWingFan wrote:
verslibre wrote:
Okay, RWF, so now that we have all seen it, what in the third act would you change?

Well I thought they tipped their hand by seeing the time stone used by Thanos to rip the mind stone from Vision. I thought the next film would have someone use it to undo everyone's deaths.
But then I read somewhere that Dr. Strange may have opened a portal to another dimension or their training dimension and fooling Thanos into thinking he had accomplished all he wanted. Don't know if they could fool him with him having the reality stone.
Now I don't think they're going to do the time travel thing to undo everything.


That's a theory, yes. Strange used it against Dormammu so it would make sense he used it again.

I thought you were going to say you would have changed how ridiculous Iron Man's abilities in the film were. Nanotech is one thing but those shenanigans at the end suggested the Iron Sorcerer Supreme. :lol: In a scenario like that, if Strange is anything like his comics counterpart, he's the most effective combatant.


I was thinking about how they are going to resolve this. If they time travel, there are many points where they came just a hair away from defeating Thanos. In the opening scenes with Loki. Gamora killing the fake Thanos. Starlord breaking Mantis inducing Thanos asleep, Thor hitting Thanos with Stormbreaker. And, maybe others that I don't remember. But, if I were to guess, i would say they would go back to Xandar. I say that because it is a battle we have not seen so a good portion of the movie could take place there. Also, I think Thor could argue that he is too powerful even with one stone. But, I also think it would be cool if start the fight on Xandar but end up with the scenes with Loki where he says "we have a Hulk..." But, not have a pussy Hulk that quits...he needs to redeem himself a bit. And, let that be where Thanos is defeated and the end of the movie.

Gamora has to come back for GotG3, and I'm sure others CAN'T remain dead. So, they somehow MUST either change the past or do some alternate universe hocus pocus to undo it. Thanos won but as HE SAID, it was at a huge cost. Was it worth losing Gamora and his other children, in exchange for culling half the population of the universe? it may be that he has some regrets and somehow helps kick start the process of undoing things. Dr. Strange said this was the only way...maybe letting Thanos win was the only way to get him to see the price for this crazy vision was far, far too much - even for him. I don't know, just a thought.

And, of course, there is Captain Marvel...who I have believed from the start is going to play a huge role in this next movie. After Avengers 4, IMO, I would like to see Marvel concentrate on the cosmic universe with Captain Marvel, GotG, Adam Warlock, etc...and start building up the X-Men and Fantastic 4 franchises into the MCU...along with Spiderman....with a new huge build up to a team up against Galactus.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 10288
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Re: Marvel Movie thread

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:09 am

verslibre wrote:Three weeks into May and two weeks without a post. Where's the excitement? This is a Marvel thread, not a bunch of jokers still pining for a new Journey record. :lol:


Sorry. I'm more passionate about hating on DC than kissing Marvel's ass. Yes, I saw Infinity War a few days ago. It took some risks and has some genuine gonzo moments (Peter Dinklage midget stuff). Marvel set out to do something epic and for the most part, succeeded. It wasn't a mess like Ultron. The film is unavoidably busy due to the characters involved and I feel like I need to see it again. I still think Starlord is annoying and his pop cultural referencing ("hey grimace") is just a total rip-off of Farscape. Vision and the Olsen twin are pure cannon fodder. Don't care. Mark Ruffalo sounded like he had stroke since Ragnarok (is he ok?). However, I'll be honest...if I was looking to veg out on a rainy day I'd probably just re-watch Justice League. The best comic book movies are escapist entertainment. At no point, did this movie have a chance to breathe and really take off. It's too preoccupied setting up what comes next.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 14304
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Marvel Movie thread

Postby verslibre » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:10 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:I'm more passionate about hating on DC than kissing Marvel's ass.


Do tell. :lol:

The_Noble_Cause wrote:I still think Starlord is annoying and his pop cultural referencing ("hey grimace") is just a total rip-off of Farscape.


The silliness is the Achilles' heel for me. It would be nice if they toned down the jokey detours. Dax isn't funny, either. ("Do you have a penis?!")

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Mark Ruffalo sounded like he had stroke since Ragnarok (is he ok?).


Dude was annoying. If he'd sat this one out with Renner, I wouldn't have cared.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6457
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: Marvel Movie thread

Postby verslibre » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:34 am

Monker wrote:After Avengers 4, IMO, I would like to see Marvel concentrate on the cosmic universe with Captain Marvel, GotG, Adam Warlock, etc...and start building up the X-Men and Fantastic 4 franchises into the MCU...along with Spiderman....with a new huge build up to a team up against Galactus.


I take it you're not aware of the bidding war that's about to erupt between Comcast and Disney? The FF and the mutants and their rogues might not be joining the MCU if Disney's offer is rejected.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6457
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: Marvel Movie thread

Postby Monker » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:04 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
I still think Starlord is annoying and his pop cultural referencing ("hey grimace") is just a total rip-off of Farscape.



The silliness is the Achilles' heel for me. It would be nice if they toned down the jokey detours. Dax isn't funny, either. ("Do you have a penis?!")


First, Gunn has acknowldged that Farscape was an influence...even how he hired Ben Browder for GotG2, which I posted. So, love it or hate it, it's not some secret and hidden "stolen" thing. It's like hating the original BSG because Starbuck is a rip-off of Han Solo...these type of characters have been around myths and legends type stories for thousands of years.

In "Infinity War", the Guardians did not just play this silly "comic relief". Gamora's story was very important to the entire plot...and IMO it was the best arc in the movie. Nebula was being tortured. The ending scenes between Teen Groot and Rocket were sad...especially when you learn that Groot's last "I am Groot.." was translated to "Dad..." Those are hardly "jokey detours". One of the funniest lines of the film was Dax saying, "Tell him how you saved the universe with a dance-off!" It's funny because it acknowledges your critiuqe, gives it the finger, and owns it at the same time. It is who they are. When it is done right, people love it - despte the critique.

Yeah, there were a couple bits that I would agree with you about. The entire Dax bit about being invisible was cringe-worthy and pointless. It had nothing to do with anything and should have been cut. There were a couple one liners like "kick some names and take some ass!" or Dax's "I'll do you one better..." or whatever.

But, over-all, it was not nearly as over the top as you are going on about.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 10288
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Re: Marvel Movie thread

Postby Monker » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:07 am

verslibre wrote:
Monker wrote:After Avengers 4, IMO, I would like to see Marvel concentrate on the cosmic universe with Captain Marvel, GotG, Adam Warlock, etc...and start building up the X-Men and Fantastic 4 franchises into the MCU...along with Spiderman....with a new huge build up to a team up against Galactus.


I take it you're not aware of the bidding war that's about to erupt between Comcast and Disney? The FF and the mutants and their rogues might not be joining the MCU if Disney's offer is rejected.


Sure I do...but I also doubt very, very much that Disney/Marvel are going to let this slip through their fingers.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 10288
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Re: Marvel Movie thread

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:05 am

Monker wrote:First, Gunn has acknowldged that Farscape was an influence...even how he hired Ben Browder for GotG2, which I posted. So, love it or hate it, it's not some secret and hidden "stolen" thing.


Gunn acknowledged that AFTER the first film came out and became a huge hit. You say "homage", I say "rip-off."

Monker wrote: It's like hating the original BSG because Starbuck is a rip-off of Han Solo...these type of characters have been around myths and legends type stories for thousands of years.


Not even close. Han Solo, like all the main Star Wars characters, was an archetype (the farm boy, the princess, the rogue) and not an original idea to begin with.
Star Lord's use of non-stop pop cultural references is a direct copy of Farscape's John Crichton. That quippy irreverent characterization is not from the comics. Gunn's a hack.

Monker wrote:In "Infinity War", the Guardians did not just play this silly "comic relief". Gamora's story was very important to the entire plot...and IMO it was the best arc in the movie. Nebula was being tortured.


The Gamora/Thanos plot felt like a contrived attempt to imbue Thanos with some last minute actual backstory.
That heavy lifting should have been done over the course of several films. Didn't buy it.

Monker wrote: One of the funniest lines of the film was Dax saying, "Tell him how you saved the universe with a dance-off!" It's funny because it acknowledges your critiuqe, gives it the finger, and owns it at the same time.


Ho-ho. What a knee slapper. :roll:
Anyone else visualize Monker laughing obnoxiously in the theater like Robert DeNiro in Cape Fear, as everybody else awkwardly moves a few seats down?
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 14304
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Marvel Movie thread

Postby verslibre » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:38 am

Monker wrote:One of the funniest lines of the film was Dax saying, "Tell him how you saved the universe with a dance-off!" It's funny because it acknowledges your critiuqe, gives it the finger, and owns it at the same time.


Uh-huh. It was another stupid, unnecessary Drax-ism. Star-Lord had some really bad lines, too. I'm surprised Quill didn't challenge Thanos to RPS. :wink:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6457
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: Marvel Movie thread

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:47 pm

verslibre wrote:
Monker wrote:One of the funniest lines of the film was Dax saying, "Tell him how you saved the universe with a dance-off!" It's funny because it acknowledges your critiuqe, gives it the finger, and owns it at the same time.


Uh-huh. It was another stupid, unnecessary Drax-ism. Star-Lord had some really bad lines, too. I'm surprised Quill didn't challenge Thanos to RPS. :wink:



Star Lord sucks.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 14304
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Marvel Movie thread

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:59 pm

The next laugh the MCU will get out of me would be if they crash the GotG and Star Lord's ship and actually film their slow and agonizing deaths in super slow motion. I'd laugh my ass off because they are absolutely terrible and unneeded. I can't believe that stupid shit gets a pass. Gunn is beginning to work on GotG Vol.3. I hope it tanks worse than Solo and the audience laughs at them and not with them because that's what something so stupidly absurd deserves.
User avatar
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2681
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: Marvel Movie thread

Postby verslibre » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:30 am

GOTGV2 was the pits. That was one expensive-looking funhouse mirror excuse for a movie. "Pac-Man" Star-Lord took the cake.

On the flipside, I finally watched (for only the second time) The Wolverine. A pretty darned good movie. I had no idea Amir Mokri (MoS) was the cinematographer but left at some point during the filming. I don't know how much of his work was redone, but the bullet train action sequence looks like his work. What's crazy is the Silver Samurai CGI during the climax is better than the CGI on the train tracks at the end of Black Panther. Tao Okamoto (Mercy Graves in BvS) plays the granddaughter of the guy Wolverine saves in WWII Japan, and Rila Fukushima is just awesome as her BFF/Logan retrieval expert Yukio. Jackman's physique is unreal (he went through a dehydration cycle for some scenes to look super-ripped). A very serious film with little humor (and what there is, isn't forced at all).
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6457
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: Marvel Movie thread

Postby verslibre » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:32 am

"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6457
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest