Impressive Promotional Work

Strange Talking Street Medicine

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Impressive Promotional Work

Postby Onestepper » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:49 am

Obviously everyone is excited with the new material, and for good reason. Besides hearing that voice again, I've been equally impressed with Perry's embracing of promoting the album. Not just all of the interviews, but that includes his social media presence, and behind the scenes access. The detail work around his website and album creative is some of the best branding I've seen in regards to new music being released.

All of it seems to be extremely well thought out and planned very well. Obviously he had some help in some of those departments. But I also think he could have just released the album and hoped it did well. Instead, he really seems to have embraced the new media that is out there, and understands that he has to be the face of the project, not just the voice.

It also makes me wonder what they could do with a live show if they put a tour around the release.
Onestepper
Cassette Tape

Re: Impressive Promotional Work

Postby jrny84 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:31 am

I agree. This is some of the best promotion and marketing I've seen. Journey could take note of this. Everything is well thought out and orchestrated. They have Steve hitting the rounds with interviews, getting the fans engaged with Facebook live stuff, and leaving you wanting more.

My only thing...what about hitting the TV talk show circuit? What about Late Night? Ellen?
jrny84
Cassette Tape

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:15 am

Maybe we'll get to see some tv promotion once the album is officially released. It's easier for him to promote the album with a song or two on the radio. That's what radio interviews are all about. But if you are going on tv, you need something tangible to be selling. I'm guessing it would be easier to do that if the album is already available.
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:33 am

jrny84 wrote:I agree. This is some of the best promotion and marketing I've seen. Journey could take note of this. Everything is well thought out and orchestrated. They have Steve hitting the rounds with interviews, getting the fans engaged with Facebook live stuff, and leaving you wanting more.

My only thing...what about hitting the TV talk show circuit? What about Late Night? Ellen?

Neal had said earlier, he wished they had a 'storefront' to sell Journey gear, like Steve is using.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:56 pm

Just saw a commercial on ABC...he will be on Good Morning America on Monday morning!
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby jrny84 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:31 am

Art Vandelay wrote:Just saw a commercial on ABC...he will be on Good Morning America on Monday morning!

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up.
jrny84
Cassette Tape

Return to Steve Perry