Journey Through Time Music Happening

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Journey Through Time Music Happening

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:11 pm

Per NS twitter...

"Things are heating up ! Heading to Nashville in a few days with Deen to meet up with Marti. We will Finnish 1 of the tunes we wrote and a couple new ones. It’s Rockin Friend"

While I hate to see the Cain/Schon brotherhood fracture, it's time for new stuff. Just hope it lives up to the Journey name.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Re: Journey Through Time Music Happening

Postby FamilyMan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:00 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Per NS twitter...

"Things are heating up ! Heading to Nashville in a few days with Deen to meet up with Marti. We will Finnish 1 of the tunes we wrote and a couple new ones. It’s Rockin Friend"

While I hate to see the Cain/Schon brotherhood fracture, it's time for new stuff. Just hope it lives up to the Journey name.

The almighty dollar will keep the brotherhood in tact... for better or worse, my friend.
"I'd love to hear his voice again." - Neal Schon 2008
FamilyMan
Cassette Tape

Postby steveo777 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:15 am

While I understand that Perry doesn't want to perform publicly, it would be really cool if he, Schon and Cain could get together and write a new album together. AP can sing it and maybe Perry sings on a couple tracks. I'm a little skeptical that JTT is going to have wide enough appeal to sustain the kind of revenue Neal is used to. Of course it won't, but he'll know that by 2020 and should be ready to put the energy back in Journey. Maybe the hiatus from touring for a year will work. Problem is the sets need to be changed up. They are stale.
steveo777
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:31 am

FamilyMan wrote:
The almighty dollar will keep the brotherhood in tact... for better or worse, my friend.

I'm referring to creative brotherhood aka actually making new music. Neal's tweet indicates that he has a new Journey lyricist.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby FamilyMan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:47 am

steveo777 wrote:While I understand that Perry doesn't want to perform publicly, it would be really cool if he, Schon and Cain could get together and write a new album together. AP can sing it and maybe Perry sings on a couple tracks.

Pass the pipe, bro.
FamilyMan
Cassette Tape

Postby Eric » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:35 am

VERY exciting. I'm ready for some new tunes.
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby Arkansas » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:03 am

Nashville is interesting. I wonder if they'll be working at Addiction Sound?

later~
Arkansas
Cassette Tape

Postby JourneyHard » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:12 pm

steveo777 wrote:While I understand that Perry doesn't want to perform publicly, it would be really cool if he, Schon and Cain could get together and write a new album together.

I predict in 2020 after Perry does or doesn't do a solo tour he will do one last album with Journey and maybe one tour date in Vegas to be recorded. This probably won't happen, but if it does I won't be surprised.
JourneyHard
8 Track

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:14 am

Deen tweet on new music....

"Off to Nashville to Record some great Music with @NealSchonMusic and #MartiFredricksen Super Stoked! The Demos I’ve heard so far are amazing!!
Keep y’all posted throughout!"

Wouldn't it be something if Fredricksen evolved the bands sound the same way Cain did when he came on for Escape?
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby FamilyMan » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:19 am

JourneyHard wrote:
steveo777 wrote:While I understand that Perry doesn't want to perform publicly, it would be really cool if he, Schon and Cain could get together and write a new album together.

I predict in 2020 after Perry does or doesn't do a solo tour he will do one last album with Journey and maybe one tour date in Vegas to be recorded. This probably won't happen, but if it does I won't be surprised.

You clearly haven't been listening to any of the interviews Steve has given.
FamilyMan
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:23 am

FamilyMan wrote:
JourneyHard wrote:

The future of Journey does not reside in any way, shape, or form with Steve Perry.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Marabelle » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:09 am

And that is what makes this the best opportunity for Mr Perry if he chooses to include himself. No pressure. Just keep the door open and who knows if he decides to see what’s on the other side of the open door.
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby scarab » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:23 am

going on 2 years for that simple cup of coffee. No, PErry never gonna walk down that road again.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby JourneyHard » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:35 am

FamilyMan wrote:
JourneyHard wrote:

Right now, Perry is in solo mode. He must say he is never going back with Journey right now because he is trying to sell solo albums and maybe concert tickets if he puts together a tour. It is just the start of 2019. He has time to tour in 2019 and then we will see what happens.
JourneyHard
8 Track

Postby JourneyHard » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:36 am

Is Journey Through Time making a full album or a mini-album like Red 13?
JourneyHard
8 Track

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:01 am

JourneyHard wrote:Is Journey Through Time making a full album or a mini-album like Red 13?

If it's up to Neal, prolly a full album. Just a guess.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:26 am

I'd be more excited at this time to get a full length album from JTT than I would a new Journey album. If a new Journey album was going to be in the style of their Eclipse album, then I'd be really excited about it. But if it was going to be Cain getting his way with a ballad heavy album, then I'd be way more excited to see what JTT would come up with.

I'd also be way more excited to see a JTT concert than I would be to see the same repetitive and "boring" in-some-ways Journey concert.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby jrnyman28 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:54 am

steveo777 wrote: I'm a little skeptical that JTT is going to have wide enough appeal to sustain the kind of revenue Neal is used to. Of course it won't, but he'll know that by 2020 [\quote]

I think Neal is pretty realistic about this project and is in it for the fun and creativity that has been missing from Journey for a long time.

steveo777 wrote:and should be ready to put the energy back in Journey. Maybe the hiatus from touring for a year will work. Problem is the sets need to be changed up. They are stale.

True, but I think the rest of Journey wants the stagnant set list, just to play the hits and get out with the check. Which backs up why I think Neal is so excited about JTT. He may be able to 'endure' going through the motions with Journey because of JTT....
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby Aaron » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:19 pm

I need dates in my area code! I'd be happy to go see them.
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby Eric » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:58 am

jrnyman28 wrote:
True, but I think the rest of Journey wants the stagnant set list, just to play the hits and get out with the check. Which backs up why I think Neal is so excited about JTT. He may be able to 'endure' going through the motions with Journey because of JTT....

Yeah, my guess is when DeenO was in the band Schon had an automatic vote on his side. So, ironically, Smith back in the band has caused them to stagnate. Not directly, just how the dynamics have played out.
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby ebake02 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:49 pm

Am I the only one who’s skeptical about how successful JTT is going to be? I can’t wait to hear the new material and hope to see a show but it still doesn’t change the fact that this isn’t the Journey and the stale dirty dozen set list that everybody wants to hear.

The casual fans that fill the arenas and theaters have probably never heard of most of the songs they’re going to play. They played La Do Da on the last couple Journey tours and it seemed like half the crowd left for a beer run or bathroom break.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby Aaron » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:42 am

They will have my key ingredients minus Perry on the mic. Deen is one of the best, if not THE BEST, to cover the mic in Perry's absence. I can't wait to hear them and any new material!

ebake02 wrote:Am I the only one who’s skeptical about how successful JTT is going to be? I can’t wait to hear the new material and hope to see a show but it still doesn’t change the fact that this isn’t the Journey and the stale dirty dozen set list that everybody wants to hear.

The casual fans that fill the arenas and theaters have probably never heard of most of the songs they’re going to play. They played La Do Da on the last couple Journey tours and it seemed like half the crowd left for a beer run or bathroom break.
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Return to Journey