Best New Band this Decade?

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Re: Best New Band this Decade?

Postby Sighlence » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:37 am

verslibre wrote:I don't care that much.


Yet here you are, first to jump in and post when someone says something good about the band. Or bad for that matter. Par for the course for detractors of this band.
Sighlence
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:47 am

Re: Best New Band this Decade?

Postby verslibre » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:52 am

Don't take it personally. I was only replying. I'm not telling you guys to not listen to Greta Oyster Cult. :lol:

(Actually, if they were GOC, I'd probably be into them! :lol: )
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6484
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: Best New Band this Decade?

Postby AR » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:56 am

My vote goes to Halestorm
AR is just a longtime net troll who is bored with trolling just Journey most of the time so he's looking for other places to troll and get reactions.

"StillStanding" from the karaoke Boston forum and night manager at Home Depot
User avatar
AR
Digital Audio Tape
 
Posts: 8490
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:21 am

Re: Best New Band this Decade?

Postby WalrusOct9 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:08 am

Probably the three I've enjoyed most from the last decade are Haken, Florence & The Machine and Work Of Art.
-Steve C.
User avatar
WalrusOct9
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1455
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2002 1:13 pm
Location: Nashville

Re: Best New Band this Decade?

Postby verslibre » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:33 am

I didn't watch SNL last night, but on another music forum (that makes this one look like an ass zit), GvF is getting positively skewered.

"Robert Plant ate George Costanza's mom." "Trying to be LZ and utterly failing." "Do they auto-tune his vocals like crazy in the studio?" "WAY overrated...they're not very good songwriters."

And so on.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6484
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: Best New Band this Decade?

Postby verslibre » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:33 am

AR wrote:My vote goes to Halestorm


At least she can sing!
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6484
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: Best New Band this Decade?

Postby livin2do » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:06 am

Won't hop on the hype train for Greta Van Fleet, but I do find it refreshing to hear a band playing instruments again. They are recycling sounds much older than they are, kinda like a modern-day Black Crowes. That band was able to make the jump to creating its own sound - which is what GVF will need to do if they want to be around a while. The singer does have a pretty unique style, but his stage presence hearkens back to pre-mic twirl Roger Daltrey.
livin2do
45 RPM
 
Posts: 244
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:30 am

Re: Best New Band this Decade?

Postby Aaron » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:44 am

Like I said, troll.

Sighlence wrote:
verslibre wrote:I don't care that much.


Yet here you are, first to jump in and post when someone says something good about the band. Or bad for that matter. Par for the course for detractors of this band.
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
User avatar
Aaron
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2061
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2002 9:55 pm
Location: Indiana, USA

Re: Best New Band this Decade?

Postby Aaron » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:45 am

I'll check them out thanks.
AR wrote:My vote goes to Halestorm
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
User avatar
Aaron
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2061
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2002 9:55 pm
Location: Indiana, USA

Re: Best New Band this Decade?

Postby Aaron » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:45 am

same, I'll check them out thanks.
WalrusOct9 wrote:Probably the three I've enjoyed most from the last decade are Haken, Florence & The Machine and Work Of Art.
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
User avatar
Aaron
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2061
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2002 9:55 pm
Location: Indiana, USA

Re: Best New Band this Decade?

Postby Aaron » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:47 am

Not feeling that deal.

verslibre wrote:
AR wrote:My vote goes to Halestorm


At least she can sing!
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
User avatar
Aaron
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2061
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2002 9:55 pm
Location: Indiana, USA

Re: Best New Band this Decade?

Postby Aaron » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:49 am

It's not real. They are good song writers. Their show attendance debunks the drive-by critics. The autotuning, I have no idea but if so, I'm not cool.

verslibre wrote:I didn't watch SNL last night, but on another music forum (that makes this one look like an ass zit), GvF is getting positively skewered.

"Robert Plant ate George Costanza's mom." "Trying to be LZ and utterly failing." "Do they auto-tune his vocals like crazy in the studio?" "WAY overrated...they're not very good songwriters."

And so on.
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
User avatar
Aaron
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2061
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2002 9:55 pm
Location: Indiana, USA

Re: Best New Band this Decade?

Postby Aaron » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:50 am

Good post.
livin2do wrote:Won't hop on the hype train for Greta Van Fleet, but I do find it refreshing to hear a band playing instruments again. They are recycling sounds much older than they are, kinda like a modern-day Black Crowes. That band was able to make the jump to creating its own sound - which is what GVF will need to do if they want to be around a while. The singer does have a pretty unique style, but his stage presence hearkens back to pre-mic twirl Roger Daltrey.
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
User avatar
Aaron
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2061
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2002 9:55 pm
Location: Indiana, USA

Re: Best New Band this Decade?

Postby verslibre » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:49 pm

As far as a "band playing instruments" goes, rock's never been in short supply. Innovators? A long-term drought.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6484
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: Best New Band this Decade?

Postby Aaron » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:09 pm

I'm not sure bro. I've seen many musicians that are really good. I think the market is saturated with great players anywhere. The magic is putting together the right personalities and talent to make it go. I think Greta Van Fleet are a current example but time will tell.
verslibre wrote:As far as a "band playing instruments" goes, rock's never been in short supply. Innovators? A long-term drought.
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
User avatar
Aaron
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2061
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2002 9:55 pm
Location: Indiana, USA

Re: Best New Band this Decade?

Postby verslibre » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:02 pm

Look up the definition of innovator.

Even you must concur your new favorite band is not that.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6484
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: Best New Band this Decade?

Postby Aaron » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:51 pm

sigh, you're right, they've only done what's been done before. Yawn

They've written their own songs which are great. Their vocalist is great with a ton of range.

You're right, you win.

I have 12 patents but I can't recognize an innovator. You win again. You're a genius and you win. Well done man.


verslibre wrote:Look up the definition of innovator.

Even you must concur your new favorite band is not that.
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
User avatar
Aaron
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2061
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2002 9:55 pm
Location: Indiana, USA

Re: Best New Band this Decade?

Postby Aaron » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:02 pm

They're not bad at all Art. Thanks for the lead.


Art Vandelay wrote:Throwing another hat into the ring. Anyone here familiar with White Denim? They're an indie-rock band from Austin, Texas. A very eclectic mix of 70's soul, funk, psychedelic and rock. Think Bad Company, Stevie Wonder and Sly and the Family Stone blended together. They've been around for about 12 years or so. I don't know all of their stuff, but have been playing the crap out of their 2016 Stiff album since I bought it two years ago. Might not be everyone's cup of tea, and they're definitely not classic rock. But they are tight and talented.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucSVP-Bw7zw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3NRcX0JhTA
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
User avatar
Aaron
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2061
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2002 9:55 pm
Location: Indiana, USA

Previous

Return to Journey

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron