WHEN IS DDY'S NEW ALBUM

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

Re: WHEN IS DDY'S NEW ALBUM

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:03 am

SuiteMadameBlue wrote:
ChicagoSTYX wrote:I’ve got a bad feeling about this!

I think you'll enjoy his new album. Looking forward to 2020.

By the way ChicagoSTYX, if DDY had a Lost Treasure's show of 6 songs that were never played live before by Styx or DDY would you attend that concert? Let's say the concert takes place in the Midwest. The 6 songs would be mixed with other hits or songs that weren't played live often. Also this would be the only time you would ever hear these songs live.

Hello Suite! Yes, I would go to his show. I’ve only seen him one time solo and that was at least 15 years ago. I hope his new album is something I would like. Time will tell. I will give it a few spins. I’m going to see Styx in Houston this Thursday. They have been off for a few weeks and they are currently in Nashville recording their new album. 2020 will be a good year for Styx and DDY fans!
STYX new album coming in 2021
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby LtVanish » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:09 pm

Dennis is still active working on his album, Jim Peterik posted a picture of himself with Kevin Chelfant working on background vocals for one of the songs yesterday. Also a clip of the Chicago's Children Choir recording on another song. So it appears many of the songs are down to getting backing vocals wrapped up. I would imagine this album isn't going to hit till next year.
LtVanish
Cassette Tape

Postby SuiteMadameBlue » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:08 am

ChicagoSTYX wrote:
SuiteMadameBlue wrote:
ChicagoSTYX wrote:I’ve got a bad feeling about this!

I think you'll enjoy his new album. Looking forward to 2020.

By the way ChicagoSTYX, if DDY had a Lost Treasure's show of 6 songs that were never played live before by Styx or DDY would you attend that concert? Let's say the concert takes place in the Midwest. The 6 songs would be mixed with other hits or songs that weren't played live often. Also this would be the only time you would ever hear these songs live.

Hello Suite! Yes, I would go to his show. I’ve only seen him one time solo and that was at least 15 years ago. I hope his new album is something I would like. Time will tell. I will give it a few spins. I’m going to see Styx in Houston this Thursday. They have been off for a few weeks and they are currently in Nashville recording their new album. 2020 will be a good year for Styx and DDY fans!

I'm pretty sure you'll like a few songs :) He's been working on the album for a while between his concerts.
Suite Madame Blue
SuiteMadameBlue
Compact Disc

Postby Abitaman » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:24 am

Does anyone know if Dennis is doing all the vocals or are the other 2 singers have leads too?
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby LtVanish » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:26 pm

Abitaman wrote:Does anyone know if Dennis is doing all the vocals or are the other 2 singers have leads too?

I'm pretty sure DDY is doing all the lead vocals on this album
LtVanish
Cassette Tape

Postby StyxGuy » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:21 am

Latest FB post from Dennis says end of October - so long as it's serious ;)
StyxGuy
45 RPM

Postby LtVanish » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:11 am

StyxGuy wrote:Latest FB post from Dennis says end of October - so long as it's serious ;)

Dennis---
" Yes Virginia there is an album and it will be finished in October.. which one is the question. Kidding. There are now 18 songs written and recorded and that’s a whole lot, too many actually. I’m just waiting on a famous guest vocalist who will duet with me on a track I wrote specically for the two us. It’s good and you will be shocked to find out the singers identity. I was over the Desert Moon when they agreed and said they’d be honored. Who could it be? Here’s a clue they’re taller than Tyrion Lannister but shorter than Shaquille O’Neal."

18 songs, interesting, I wonder if all the songs are getting released, or there will be some kind of "Deluxe" version of the album? Or Japan version with bonus tracks? Or maybe a good old fashion double album?

So who is this special guest? Any guesses?
LtVanish
Cassette Tape

Postby yogi » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:45 am

I hope he releases them all and makes it a double album.
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby Abitaman » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:54 am

Personally, I think Dennis should have the other guys sing a coupled songs each.
Personally it would not bother me if he named his band Styx 2, Styx II, Styx too, The new Styx with DDY or some stuff like that. DDY and the classic sound of Styx. Use the other guys in the band to their full abilities. But I will take DDY too.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:27 pm

Looks like Julian Lennon will be singing a duet with DDY on his new album. The song is called Good Old days.
STYX new album coming in 2021
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby Kilroy1983 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:35 am

Former STYX Frontman DENNIS DEYOUNG Says He Is Putting Finishing Touches On His 'Final' Album

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/forme ... nal-album/
Kilroy1983
Ol' 78

Previous

Return to Styx