To Go or Not to GO? That is the Question..

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Postby atthistime » Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:07 am

Monker, don't let this upset you so. How you do carry on. We are all quite aware of your bitterness. :cry: Why is this all so personal to you? This is a rock and roll band and you make it sound like the Presidential Election. I suppose that you must find to so hard to accept the fact that someone you despise has so many loyal fans. Most everyone admires him so you few arn't a problem. It's all about the music and the world listens.
atthistime
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2003 5:55 am

Postby yak » Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:06 am

atthistime wrote:Monker, don't let this upset you so. How you do carry on. We are all quite aware of your bitterness. :cry: Why is this all so personal to you? This is a rock and roll band and you make it sound like the Presidential Election. I suppose that you must find to so hard to accept the fact that someone you despise has so many loyal fans. Most everyone admires him so you few arn't a problem. It's all about the music and the world listens.




Let's leave politics out of it since we all know Perry's persuasions.

"The world listens...." Do you live in FantasyLand?

Who are these "most everyone" that you refer to? You will need to prove that. I have stated the truth here, but the Perryites are still in denial about him. So now it's your turn to back up your "statement."

I might remind everybody here that a Perryite started this thread, so I have to wonder what was the motive? Did they want everybody to say they wanted Perry to go...or didn't want Perry to go...or wanted to say they would support him in whatever he does...

What's that saying? If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.

:idea: Somewhere in Tinsel Town Perry sits on his big ass massaging his sore leg and is laughing at all the suckers out there. :idea:

And the question STILL begging for an answer................

WHY Doesn't Perry Make A SOLO Recording????

(nobody seems to want to tackle that one).
Last edited by yak on Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:36 am, edited 4 times in total.
User avatar
yak
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1362
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:46 am

Postby PROPERRY » Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:17 am

Monker wrote:
PROPERRY wrote:LA Women and wakov, your posts are so dumb and childish. Talk about 12 year old mentality. Your views are more along the lines of an eight yr. old, no offence to the eight yr, old's.


And, you are in blatant violation of forum rules because you personaly attacked forum members. Not that this matters anyway.

Again I ask, in regard to the question of "To Go, Or Not To Go," why should he want to honor some of you with his appearence?


#1. I'm not going to be there. So, he's not going to 'honor' me with anything.

#2. This is to honor JOURNEY, and I thought that you Perry fans insist that Perry is a part of Journey through his songwriting, that HE cherished his time in Journey, that HE was proud of his part in Journey's accomplishments.

I guess he only cares about his accomplishments in Journey when they can be sold to people and put $'s in his bank.

This is the FANS opportunity to honor JOURNEY, not the other way around.

Read back over some of your posts within this thread. Shame on you for even expecting him to give you the time of day.


I don't want Perry to give ME anything. I am just saying that he acts in a VERY selfish way...he never gives of himself to fans unless there is something for him to gain. Maybe if Journey fans each paid him $20, as we would for a DVD, then maybe he'd show up.

Not buy the next dvd? Horse manure. You know you'll buy it.


Yeah, I'll buy it whenever I decide to buy GHLive. But, I'll probably buy that horse manure first...at least I could use it in the garden.

You few people are Journey fans at their worst. You're what he hopes to avoid.IMO


He's avoiding me? Wow, I'm like shocked and stuff.

He's avoiding his 'self', ALL of Journey's fans, and his own past with Journey

I'm right with you Marabelle & atthistime. It is Steve Perry's decision, NOT anyone elses to make for him, And I'm sure he will do what he feels is right for him!


Oh, no, but it's up to YOU to make up excuses for him...without any supporting evidence. Then you hypocrits attack others for DOING THE EXACT SAME THING.

As I said before, I support whatever decision he makes on that issue.


Yeah, and if he decided to call Perry fans a bunch of hysterical freaks who follow his every move like a stalker in some Hitchcock film...would you support that?

For anyone to say that "He should get over himself for 5 minutes", :shock: :roll:


He can't do it, it's not his nature. It's his nature to think of himself first and put everybody else in line behind him. Is that not obvious? He's has REPEATEDLY done this for the past 25yrs.

It is totally rediculous how "some THINK they are so important" that they EXPECT OTHERS to do what "they want", rather than realize it is EVEYBODY'S RIGHT TO CHOOSE TO DO WHAT THEY WANT!!!


And, it's MY right to say that Perry is acting like a selfish bastard. If you Perry fans don't like to talk about it, why the hell did you start a topic on it in the first place?








Monker,

I'm not making excuses for Perry. Where in MY message do you see me making excuses for him??? Go back & read MY message, I said that, "I support whatever descision he makes on that issue." That is not making excuses in anyway shape or form.

You and some others here are the ONLY ONES that are coming up with some "made up answers in your heads, and making statements about how you THINK Perry feels about the fans with NO facts to back it up!!!


It's just your "major hostility" that leads YOU to THINK that you know how Perry feels about the fans or whatever!


Furthermore Monker, it isn't the Perry Fans who stated, or have the attitude that Perry should "honor them" with their presence at this event. Go back & read SOME of those OTHER FANS statements.

YES, WE Perry Fans realize that this event is to honor Journey for their accomplishments in making fantastic music! We Perry fans also realize that this EVENT is NOT about ANY Journey Band members HAVING to honor the fans with their presense, such as SOME OTHERS seem to think here. Frankly, I feel that is very arrogant of them.

And Monker, your comment about," I guess he only cares about his accomplisment in Journey when they can be sold to people and put $'s in his bank" is totally rediculous too.

The fact here is that Jeff Golub stated on his website that Perry GAVE the rights of the song "Can't Let You go" for him to use for charity for children.

Also what about the fact that ALL THE BAND MEMBERS of Journey BENEFIT from the money made by the sales of the classic DVD's???

Are you now knocking Neal, Jon, Ross, etc..... for making money????

It is OK for the other band members to make money, but if Perry makes money from the sales of a products, then he is doing something wrong.???? That makes NO sense!!!

And Monker, we ALL know it was a WHOLE LOT MORE than 4 fans that WANT & BOUGHT THE CLASSIC DVD's of The Perry Years.

Lori
PROPERRY
8 Track
 
Posts: 999
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2003 2:40 am

Postby perryfaithful » Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:51 am

'Are you now knocking Neal, Jon, Ross, etc..... for making money????
It is OK for the other band members to make money, but if Perry makes money from the sales of a products, then he is doing something wrong.????'

I thought that was pretty funny also. Monker should proof read and do some thinking before pushing the send button. YUP, Neal and company touring just because they "like to" and want to PLEASE the fans...but not because they make money........ah, BS!
User avatar
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:29 am

Postby PROPERRY » Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:41 am

perryfaithful wrote:'Are you now knocking Neal, Jon, Ross, etc..... for making money????
It is OK for the other band members to make money, but if Perry makes money from the sales of a products, then he is doing something wrong.????'

I thought that was pretty funny also. Monker should proof read and do some thinking before pushing the send button. YUP, Neal and company touring just because they "like to" and want to PLEASE the fans...but not because they make money........ah, BS!





Yea Perryfaithful, he sure can't say that the other band members arn't touring to make money, because if they were NOT doing it for money, then they would make the concerts FREE for the fans.

And I must of "hit a nerve" in Monker because he sure did get pretty angry with that last paragraph I wrote. :lol:

Lori
PROPERRY
8 Track
 
Posts: 999
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2003 2:40 am

Postby RubyTequila » Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:50 am

perryfaithful wrote:
yakov wrote:[Perry doesn't even have a computer.


And how would you know that Jackov?


PF are you stooping to name calling?? :roll:

Grow up!
User avatar
RubyTequila
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2003 12:11 am

Postby Monker » Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:35 pm

I'm not making excuses for Perry.


Of course you are. You are making the mother of all excuses of, "He'll do what he feels is right.." So, generic...so all encompasing...It ignores any consequences of his decisions and just assumes that everything is right, because Perry says it is.

You and some others here are the ONLY ONES that are coming up with some "made up answers in your heads, and making statements about how you THINK Perry feels about the fans with NO facts to back it up!!!


I did not say how Perry feels. I am simply describing his actions of the past 25yrs as Perry acting like a selfish bastard. He never seems to think of how it will benefit the fans or the band, unless he gets something in return. That is how it has been from ROR on.

It's just your "major hostility" that leads YOU to THINK that you know how Perry feels about the fans or whatever!


No, it's you making up statements that I did not make.

Furthermore Monker, it isn't the Perry Fans who stated, or have the attitude that Perry should "honor them" with their presence at this event. Go back & read SOME of those OTHER FANS statements.


I don't care who originaly stated it. You Perry fans are repeating it like some quote from Jesus or something. You are wrong, and so is the person who originaly said it.

And Monker, your comment about," I guess he only cares about his accomplisment in Journey when they can be sold to people and put $'s in his bank" is totally rediculous too.


I don't think so. What has Perry done for Journey fans that did not benefit him in some way too? If it doesn't make him a few dollars, he doesn't do it. It's as simple as that.

The fact here is that Jeff Golub stated on his website that Perry GAVE the rights of the song "Can't Let You go" for him to use for charity for children.


So what? Jeff Golub isn't Journey. It doesn't even speak to my point.

Also what about the fact that ALL THE BAND MEMBERS of Journey BENEFIT from the money made by the sales of the classic DVD's???


Yep, and to remind your short term memory, I said they are both milking the same cow...It's just that Perry fans only bitch about the milk when it comes from Journey. If it comes from Perry's efforts, it's sweet and pure.

Are you now knocking Neal, Jon, Ross, etc..... for making money????


No, but I'll knock and Neal, Jon, Ross, etc for not releasing any new music for years and touring only with old songs...milking the same cow that Perry does.

It is OK for the other band members to make money, but if Perry makes money from the sales of a products, then he is doing something wrong.???? That makes NO sense!!!


No, they are both doing wrong...It's just that I admit that Journey is doing it - I doubt any of you Perry fans will admit that Perry does the same thing.

And Monker, we ALL know it was a WHOLE LOT MORE than 4 fans that WANT & BOUGHT THE CLASSIC DVD's of The Perry Years.


And, they are JOURNEY fans - not just Perry fans. Anybody with a brain would know that.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 10435
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Postby Monker » Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:39 pm

perryfaithful wrote:I thought that was pretty funny also. Monker should proof read and do some thinking before pushing the send button. YUP, Neal and company touring just because they "like to" and want to PLEASE the fans...but not because they make money........ah, BS!


And, Perry allowed them to tour, Perry gets royalty payments for every song he has a writing credit on, and Perry gets a cut of the money the band makes. So, again, Perry could have just let the fans have Journey back...but, he had to keep his hands in the pot of gold and get a share of the profits from every show Journey performs - on top of his earned royalty credits.

So, it's not just Journey who is milking the cow when they tour, Perry is too - because that is how he wanted it to be.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 10435
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Postby LAWoman » Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:08 pm

PROPERRY wrote:
All your talk is based on what you THINK, and you have NO facts to back up anything you say. Again Perry will do what is right for him! That is fine by me!


I'm wondering could it be possible the reason YOU and SOME OTHERS feel, so strongly that Perry SHOULD show up to HONOR YOU is that YOU feel the band really NEEDS Steve Perry to be there????

Are YOU thinking that if Steve Perry does NOT show up, it WON'T be much of turn out with the fans for the other band members???

And did you even consider that it could be POSSIBLE that Neal & MAYBE a few others in the band MAY NOT really want him to show up for the ceremony??? Have you even thought about that at all???


All I can say is.... I think Perry should do just whatever he WANTS to do!!! And OH MY, IF Perry were to come, HE would FILL the sidewalks & streets with thousands of fans for miles around to get a chance to see him!!!! :D

Lori


Oh, eureka! You finally got it. Everyone is saying what they THINK--including you. You can believe your version is reality, but you have no more idea than the people you are criticizing--it's all just what you think.

As for whether Neal & some other band members may or may not want Perry in attendance--once again you miss the whole point. They are doing what they know is right and they all know the fans would like to see all the members of Journey there so whatever they may or may not want personally would not be determinative. As Neal said at the SF Ceremony--all the members of Journey should have been there.

I think it a bit odd, though, that you are pleased that Perry will do "just whatever he WANTS to do"--like thinking only of yourself if a virtue in your world. Oh, if we could all just do what we want to do without any sense of responsibility or feeling that sometimes you have to do what is right for everyone which may not be exactly the same as what you want.

It's also quite telling that you believe that thousands of fans would come from miles around to see Perry at a ceremony. He is simply not that famous in 2004. I expect there will be a nice crowd at the ceremony--probably more than at the SF ceremony, but since it is during a regular workday, I cannot imagine the crowd will be overwhelming no matter who shows. In fact, I would imagine they limit the crowd for these ceremonies otherwise when the huge superstars are getting their stars, it would be unmanageable.
LAWoman
45 RPM
 
Posts: 331
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2002 12:07 pm

Postby perryfaithful » Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:02 pm

[quote="Monker"] So, again, Perry could have just let the fans have Journey back...but, he had to keep his hands in the pot of gold and get a share of the profits from every show Journey performs - on top of his earned royalty credits.


Perry IS Journey sweetie! SO this is what "they" worked out. Not the way I would have done it, but HEY....they all signed off on it so now its done, huh?
User avatar
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:29 am

Postby atthistime » Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:12 am

To whomever this concerns!

Yes, I originally used the term "honor." If you check back on my post it was in reference to those who have trashed him on this thread. If that is arrogant of me, so be it. I simply stated that THEY did not deserve the time of day from him.

I apologize to yakov for attacking him for posting like a pervert. It's his right to express himself in any manner that he is accustomed to.
Last edited by atthistime on Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
atthistime
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2003 5:55 am

Postby perryfaithful » Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:31 am

[quote="LAWoman"]

You going Barb??

User avatar
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:29 am

Postby yak » Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:27 am

RE: atthistime:

I repeat what I posted earlier. Smut is in the eye of the beholder, dearie.


"I only posted what was all over the net, which makes Perry the smut carrier. I am not to blame because the guy has strange persuasions. Or maybe you are angry that you didn't get to use the chubby leg." :roll:


Why is it you Perryites can't take the truth about anything when it's said about your he-can-do-nothing-wrong Perry?

You are all spinning yourselves out of control. It's fun to watch. :lol:
User avatar
yak
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1362
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:46 am

Postby PROPERRY » Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:42 am

LAWoman wrote:
PROPERRY wrote:
All your talk is based on what you THINK, and you have NO facts to back up anything you say. Again Perry will do what is right for him! That is fine by me!


I'm wondering could it be possible the reason YOU and SOME OTHERS feel, so strongly that Perry SHOULD show up to HONOR YOU is that YOU feel the band really NEEDS Steve Perry to be there????

Are YOU thinking that if Steve Perry does NOT show up, it WON'T be much of turn out with the fans for the other band members???

And did you even consider that it could be POSSIBLE that Neal & MAYBE a few others in the band MAY NOT really want him to show up for the ceremony??? Have you even thought about that at all???


All I can say is.... I think Perry should do just whatever he WANTS to do!!! And OH MY, IF Perry were to come, HE would FILL the sidewalks & streets with thousands of fans for miles around to get a chance to see him!!!! :D

Lori


Oh, eureka! You finally got it. Everyone is saying what they THINK--including you. You can believe your version is reality, but you have no more idea than the people you are criticizing--it's all just what you think.

As for whether Neal & some other band members may or may not want Perry in attendance--once again you miss the whole point. They are doing what they know is right and they all know the fans would like to see all the members of Journey there so whatever they may or may not want personally would not be determinative. As Neal said at the SF Ceremony--all the members of Journey should have been there.

I think it a bit odd, though, that you are pleased that Perry will do "just whatever he WANTS to do"--like thinking only of yourself if a virtue in your world. Oh, if we could all just do what we want to do without any sense of responsibility or feeling that sometimes you have to do what is right for everyone which may not be exactly the same as what you want.

It's also quite telling that you believe that thousands of fans would come from miles around to see Perry at a ceremony. He is simply not that famous in 2004. I expect there will be a nice crowd at the ceremony--probably more than at the SF ceremony, but since it is during a regular workday, I cannot imagine the crowd will be overwhelming no matter who shows. In fact, I would imagine they limit the crowd for these ceremonies otherwise when the huge superstars are getting their stars, it would be unmanageable.









Again, Perry will do whatever he chooses to do on this issue, and that is fine by me! Just because you & some others THINK that way does NOT make it FACTUAL, it just YOUR illogical thoughts.

And unlike you & some others here , I don't think Perry HAS to live his life "always pleasing the fans wants & needs". I realize that HE has a right to live his life, as he chooses, & do whatever he wants to do.

Gee even Steve Augeri showed his appreciation in an interview towards Perry. I believe Perryfaithful posted it on another thread on this message board. After reading the interview, fans posted that "Steve Augeri is a class act", and YES I do agree, Steve Augeri is a class act!!! No dispute there.


Augeri stated in that interview (not exact words) something about him being concerned from the beginning of joining Journey that he had in the back of his mind that Perry could make up & return to Journey.

That all being said, I believe that SHOWS that "Perry is NOT selfish and only thinking of himself", as some of you said. Perry has made NO attempts to rejoin Journey. The proof of that is because Steve Augeri still has his job!!! I would think that would make SOME of you fans happy, not needing to tear down Steve Perry for HIS CHOICES IN HIS life!!!!


As I said before, Steve Perry has already GIVEN THE FANS the BEST gift of all, and that is the MUSIC that will last forever!!!!

Lori














Actually the more you & some others talk here, it says more about you all, than it ever could about Steve Perry.
PROPERRY
8 Track
 
Posts: 999
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2003 2:40 am

Postby yak » Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:14 am

PROPERRY wrote:Actually the more you & some others talk here, it says more about you all, than it ever could about Steve Perry.



Intelligent people who think for themselves, state the truth even though you don't want to hear it, and refuse to be brainwashed? Yeah that would describe us.

Do you realize you are salivating over a 55 year old man? Old enough to be somebody's grandfather? It's one thing to like somebody's music, but you are going above and beyond the call of duty here. The fixation you have is abnormal. :lol:

Do you think you can find a way to use up less free space with all your posts? :roll: They are so looooooooong. :roll:
User avatar
yak
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1362
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:46 am

Postby Journeynut » Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:27 am

[
Intelligent people who think for themselves, state the truth even though you don't want to hear it, and refuse to be brainwashed? Yeah that would describe us.


That is not my impression.
Anyway, what was I saying.........
User avatar
Journeynut
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 5:53 am

Postby perryfaithful » Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:56 am

[quote="yakov"]

"Intelligent people who think for themselves, state the truth"

WHAT?? Intelligent people and speaking the truth are synonymous? Oh man, you ARE 12 years old afterall! Please go to a pre teen site and hang there!
User avatar
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:29 am

Re: Oink, Oink, Oink

Postby perryfaithful » Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:08 am

[quote="Tornado_Jackson"]


Oh I'm sorry Jackson....you are clearly jealous that I called Monker sweetie!
User avatar
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:29 am

Postby atthistime » Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:41 am

Wow! All the name calling. The truth must really hurt to get some of you go off the deep end and resort to such behavior.
atthistime
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2003 5:55 am

Postby perryfaithful » Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:10 am

atthistime wrote:Wow! All the name calling. The truth must really hurt to get some of you go off the deep end and resort to such behavior.


So ATT......Did you appreciate being called a" buck toothed unloved ugly fat pig" by Mr. Tornado Jackson cause you are a fan of Steve Perry and the Classic years of Journey??? With fans like these, Journey should be very proud......
Last edited by perryfaithful on Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:29 am

Postby Monker » Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:16 pm

And unlike you & some others here , I don't think Perry HAS to live his life "always pleasing the fans wants & needs". I realize that HE has a right to live his life, as he chooses, & do whatever he wants to do.


yes, he has a right to his 'life' but Perry fans should not live the lie that he is not so selfish that he can't personaly accept an honor that Journey fans, and Perry fans, give him.

Gee even Steve Augeri showed his appreciation in an interview towards Perry.


Augeri has stated such things FROM THE BEGINING. What is truly sad is that it has taken some Perry fans seven years to finaly listen and hear it.

Augeri stated in that interview (not exact words) something about him being concerned from the beginning of joining Journey that he had in the back of his mind that Perry could make up & return to Journey.

That all being said, I believe that SHOWS that "Perry is NOT selfish and only thinking of himself", as some of you said.


Other sources have said that Perry never 'really' left the band and can return at any time he wants to. In other words, his selfishness would not allow him to fully let go of the cow that has fed him his entire career....and allow someone else to COMPLETELY take over. What Augeri said basicaly confirms that for me.

Perry has made NO attempts to rejoin Journey.


Of course not. The guy can't tour! Why WOULD he return? Especialy when he gets paid anyway! Geez! If you could quit your job but be paid as if you were still there, what would YOU do?

The proof of that is because Steve Augeri still has his job!!! I would think that would make SOME of you fans happy, not needing to tear down Steve Perry for HIS CHOICES IN HIS life!!!!


Of course. I would like Perry to be as far away from being a member of Journey as possible.

As I said before, Steve Perry has already GIVEN THE FANS the BEST gift of all, and that is the MUSIC that will last forever!!!!


Yeah, too bad he let his selfishness hold the band in limbo after ROR and after TBF. Too bad he can't accept the honor ofJourney fans, HIS fans, honoring HIM.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 10435
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Postby Monker » Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:18 pm

perryfaithful wrote:
atthistime wrote:Wow! All the name calling. The truth must really hurt to get some of you go off the deep end and resort to such behavior.


So ATT......Did you appreciate being called a buck toothed unloved fat pig by Mr. Tornado Jackson cause you are a fan of Steve Perry and the Classic years of Journey??? With fans like these, Journey should be very proud......


It seems to me that you guys are not exactly following the 'no insults' rule. Too bad Andrew doesn't live up to his 'no tolerance' policy...If he did, there would be some Perry fans kicked out.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 10435
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Postby mystichealer » Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:55 pm

And there would also be non Perry fans booted.

I have never heard such foul mouthing bitchiness on any forum in my life. I find it really ammusing to be honest. Think i shall just sit back and lurk here for a while, and take it all in.

The one thing that has me scratching my head each and every day when i come here is this:
Why can't someone just admire Journey during the Steve Perry years without someone else bitching about it?
Why can't someone like or prefer the current incarnation of Journey without someone else bitching about it also?

'TJ' I do not know you personally, and wouldn't care to either but have read a lot of your posts, and find them alarming to say the least. All the name calling that you resort to is disgraceful and totally out of context to what is supposed to be a forum where fans can come to and chat about their favourite band(s) or artists, and not have to be bombarded with insults with someone calling someone a 'buck toothed, unloved, ugly fat pig'. Have you no decency or respect for anyone? Obviously not...
You should be slung off this forum for this outburst.



MH
User avatar
mystichealer
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 12:10 am

Postby perryfaithful » Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:17 pm

mystichealer wrote:
'TJ' I do not know you personally, and wouldn't care to either but have read a lot of your posts, and find them alarming to say the least. All the name calling that you resort to is disgraceful and totally out of context to what is supposed to be a forum where fans can come to and chat about their favourite band(s) or artists, and not have to be bombarded with insults with someone calling someone a 'buck toothed, unloved, ugly fat pig'. Have you no decency or respect for anyone? Obviously not...
You should be slung off this forum for this outburst.



MH

AMEN!
User avatar
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:29 am

Postby atthistime » Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:59 am

How about if someone posts a new topic and stop this one here. It's been answered and will only get the board closed if it continues in this way.
atthistime
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2003 5:55 am

Postby LAWoman » Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:59 am

perryfaithful wrote:
You going Barb??



Of course! I live in the area and Neal's band is getting a star on the WOF--I wouldn't miss it.
LAWoman
45 RPM
 
Posts: 331
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2002 12:07 pm

Postby PROPERRY » Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:27 am

Monker wrote:
And unlike you & some others here , I don't think Perry HAS to live his life "always pleasing the fans wants & needs". I realize that HE has a right to live his life, as he chooses, & do whatever he wants to do.


yes, he has a right to his 'life' but Perry fans should not live the lie that he is not so selfish that he can't personaly accept an honor that Journey fans, and Perry fans, give him.

Gee even Steve Augeri showed his appreciation in an interview towards Perry.


Augeri has stated such things FROM THE BEGINING. What is truly sad is that it has taken some Perry fans seven years to finaly listen and hear it.

Augeri stated in that interview (not exact words) something about him being concerned from the beginning of joining Journey that he had in the back of his mind that Perry could make up & return to Journey.

That all being said, I believe that SHOWS that "Perry is NOT selfish and only thinking of himself", as some of you said.


Other sources have said that Perry never 'really' left the band and can return at any time he wants to. In other words, his selfishness would not allow him to fully let go of the cow that has fed him his entire career....and allow someone else to COMPLETELY take over. What Augeri said basicaly confirms that for me.

Perry has made NO attempts to rejoin Journey.


Of course not. The guy can't tour! Why WOULD he return? Especialy when he gets paid anyway! Geez! If you could quit your job but be paid as if you were still there, what would YOU do?

The proof of that is because Steve Augeri still has his job!!! I would think that would make SOME of you fans happy, not needing to tear down Steve Perry for HIS CHOICES IN HIS life!!!!


Of course. I would like Perry to be as far away from being a member of Journey as possible.

As I said before, Steve Perry has already GIVEN THE FANS the BEST gift of all, and that is the MUSIC that will last forever!!!!


Yeah, too bad he let his selfishness hold the band in limbo after ROR and after TBF. Too bad he can't accept the honor ofJourney fans, HIS fans, honoring HIM.








Monker,

Show me in my message where I have said anything negative about Steve Augeri???? I just said something "very positive about him", and you turn around and claim something that ISN'T even in my message. And for that matter I've NEVER bashed Steve Augeri!!!

The fact here is that YOU and some others here are the ONES bashing Steve Perry! No one has said anything negative about the other band members. The bitterness & the garbage you spew has ALL been DIRECTED at Steve Perry!!!

It makes me believe that as much as YOU proclaim to hate Perry, and say you DON'T want him in Journey anymore, that you really are more angry at Perry for NOT being in Journey anymore!!!



Although you keep proclaiming to hate Steve Perry, it's really very easy to see through all your anger & unhealthy bitterness that you really WANT Perry back in Journey!!!! Otherwise your conversations WOULDN'T be so filled with hate towards Perry, & you would be spending your time talking positively about Steve Augeri instead.

Lori
PROPERRY
8 Track
 
Posts: 999
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2003 2:40 am

Postby Andrew » Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:57 am

Ok -
First up - MONKER - Am I not allowed to have a weekend off? Do I have to submit myself to the mindless fucking Perry vs Journey fighting even on the weekends? God help me if that's the case...

Now that it's Monday morning and I find myself again wasting time cleaning up this board, let's start by kicking TJ out of here.

TJ - you have been warned time and time again and I am fed up with the BS attitude you display here. Goodbye.

Now - anyone else want to join TJ on his way out?
User avatar
Andrew
Administrator
 
Posts: 10186
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 9:12 pm
Location: Hobart, Tasmania, Australia

Postby yak » Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:04 pm

perryfaithful wrote:
yakov wrote:[Perry doesn't even have a computer.


And how would you know that yakov?




It was in a Fan Asylum interview. The following is a Perry quote:

Q. There is the perception that you have a computer and are online, visiting various web sites, going into chat rooms and sending and receiving emails. Is this correct?


PERRY: I am here to tell you that it is incorrect. I am not online; I am not sending or receiving emails. I have never been on line.
User avatar
yak
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1362
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:46 am

Postby perryfaithful » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:34 pm

yakov wrote:
perryfaithful wrote:
yakov wrote:[Perry doesn't even have a computer.


And how would you know that yakov?




It was in a Fan Asylum interview. The following is a Perry quote:

Q. There is the perception that you have a computer and are online, visiting various web sites, going into chat rooms and sending and receiving emails. Is this correct?


PERRY: I am here to tell you that it is incorrect. I am not online; I am not sending or receiving emails. I have never been on line.



Oh, For goodness sake! It says he is not online. It says nothing about OWNING A COMPUTER. Further more, I am well aware of this interview and it is OLD! Who would make a comment like that based on this old thing?
User avatar
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:29 am

PreviousNext

Return to Journey

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests