To Go or Not to GO? That is the Question..

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Postby Journeynut » Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:04 pm

perryfaithful wrote:
yakov wrote:
perryfaithful wrote:
yakov wrote:[Perry doesn't even have a computer.


And how would you know that yakov?




It was in a Fan Asylum interview. The following is a Perry quote:

Q. There is the perception that you have a computer and are online, visiting various web sites, going into chat rooms and sending and receiving emails. Is this correct?


PERRY: I am here to tell you that it is incorrect. I am not online; I am not sending or receiving emails. I have never been on line.



Oh, For goodness sake! It says he is not online. It says nothing about OWNING A COMPUTER. Further more, I am well aware of this interview and it is OLD! Who would make a comment like that based on this old thing?


There is an interview I read(of course I can't put my hands on the link this moment) that says he uses a computer to record and compose music...so the statement that he does not even own a computer is probably an exaggeration.

That old fanasylum quote was to drive home to the people that were being duped by imposters that the people calling themselves steve perry were not steve perry on the internet. It is old and I am not sure how valid it is today
Anyway, what was I saying.........
User avatar
Journeynut
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 5:53 am

Postby Marabelle » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:00 pm

He's on line. Good grief he doesn't live in a cave. I even think he's computer literate. He's just a regular normal guy who happens to sing and is a nice person, it doesn't mean he can't use a keyboard. I agree I think he might have said that because of those idiots who posed as SP. But he has a computer and uses it. Per Moyes Lucas; drummer for his band whenever that was. I think he's a credible source. It's really not that hard to believe.
User avatar
Marabelle
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1698
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:29 pm

Postby perryfaithful » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:02 pm

...and further more, what are we talking about this anyway?? Seems to me Mr Yak was concerned that Perry fans might only chat on line believing that Mr. Perry himself watches. Sorry Yak.....not a consideration.
User avatar
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:29 am

Postby perryfaithful » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:04 pm

Marabelle wrote:. Per Moyes Lucas; drummer for his band whenever that was. I think he's a credible source. It's really not that hard to believe.


Thanks Marabelle. I believe you are right...Lucas answered numerous questions at his site, regarding his time with Perry in the FTLOSM band. I forgot about that
User avatar
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:29 am

Postby yak » Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:28 am

Marabelle wrote:He's on line. I even think he's computer literate. But he has a computer and uses it. Per Moyes Lucas; drummer for his band whenever that was. I think he's a credible source. It's really not that hard to believe.




The question was:
Q. There is the perception that you have a computer and are online, visiting various web sites, going into chat rooms and sending and receiving emails. Is this correct?

PERRY: I am here to tell you that it is incorrect. I am not online; I am not sending or receiving emails. I have never been on line.

Perry sounded pretty adamant about not being online. If he was having so much trouble, why not just get his lawyers on the trail to find out who was impersonating him?

An individual would have to be quite naive to believe that Perry is not online just because he says so.

Yes Moyes is a credible source. All this proves once again is that Perry is a LIAR.

Now, what were you saying about INTEGRITY?? :lol:
User avatar
yak
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1362
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:46 am

Postby perryfaithful » Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:54 am

:?:
User avatar
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:29 am

Postby Marabelle » Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:01 am

maybe he could be the "rolled eyed" liar...lol... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
User avatar
Marabelle
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1698
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:29 pm

Postby Monker » Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:41 am

Although you keep proclaiming to hate Steve Perry, it's really very easy to see through all your anger & unhealthy bitterness that you really WANT Perry back in Journey!!!! Otherwise your conversations WOULDN'T be so filled with hate towards Perry, & you would be spending your time talking positively about Steve Augeri instead.


Steve Perry in Journey creates a band that records once every ten years and never tours. It also creates a situation where some fans think the lead singer IS the band - which I absolutely do NOT believe is the case with Journey.

So, No, I absolutely do not want a band that records once every ten years, with or without Perry.
I absolutely do not want a band that NEVER tours.
I absolutely do not want a band where the lead singer is viewed as "the band".

I do not want Steve Perry to ever be a part of Journey again.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 10456
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Postby Monker » Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:47 am


Ok -
First up - MONKER - Am I not allowed to have a weekend off?


Of course you are...but the board itself does NOT take a weekend off, unless you take it down for the weekend. If people are blatantly breaking the 'rules', ignoring them and head into personal attacks, I do not see why I shouldn't point that out publicly on the forum. Unless that's something you are going to tell me not to do.

Now that it's Monday morning and I find myself again wasting time cleaning up this board, let's start by kicking TJ out of here.


If there is 'no tolerence', then why are the Perry fans still here who went on the personal attack against yakov? THAT was wrong and it happened BEFORE TJ's post. They should at least be warned.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 10456
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Postby Monker » Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:51 am

That old fanasylum quote was to drive home to the people that were being duped by imposters that the people calling themselves steve perry were not steve perry on the internet. It is old and I am not sure how valid it is today


This is true...and there were some pretty nasty things going on that are not well known.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 10456
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Postby Monker » Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:53 am

Perry sounded pretty adamant about not being online. If he was having so much trouble, why not just get his lawyers on the trail to find out who was impersonating him?


Ummm, did somebody say that Perry's lawyers were not involved?
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 10456
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Postby perryfaithful » Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:57 am

Monker wrote:there were some pretty nasty things going on that are not well known.


Well.....are you going to share??
User avatar
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:29 am

Postby atthistime » Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:18 am

Hey monker! Give us the scoop on how Neal,, alledgedly,tried to toss Carlos from his own band. Inquiring minds want to know. :roll:
atthistime
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2003 5:55 am

Oh, Of Course Not

Postby yak » Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:43 am

Journeynut wrote:

There is an interview I read(of course I can't put my hands on the link this moment) that says he uses a computer to record and compose music...



I would need dates, times, places, etc.

Of course you can't come up with anything..............

This only becomes necessary from your point of view when you don't like something YOU read.
:roll:
User avatar
yak
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1362
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:46 am

Postby yak » Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:51 am

Ummm, did somebody say that Perry's lawyers were not involved?


Perry apparently went to great lengths to LIE. The implication was if the attornies were involved already, why then did he feel the need to blatantly lie about something so benign as being/not being online?
User avatar
yak
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1362
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:46 am

Postby atthistime » Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:06 am

WGAS!
atthistime
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2003 5:55 am

Postby Monker » Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:13 am

perryfaithful wrote:
Monker wrote:there were some pretty nasty things going on that are not well known.


Well.....are you going to share??


Nope.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 10456
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Postby perryfaithful » Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:14 am

and again.....WGAS!
User avatar
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:29 am

Postby Andrew » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:02 am

I have better things to do than monitor each and every post here 24/7.
I'll continue to do my best to keep it in order, but you lot are the most dysfunctional bunch I have ever come across.

Still arguing, still fighting and still debating shit that happened years ago and can't be reversed.

Move on - let the anger go - enjoy the music (ANY music) while you still can.

Take care,
Andrew.
User avatar
Andrew
Administrator
 
Posts: 10191
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 9:12 pm
Location: Hobart, Tasmania, Australia

Postby RubyTequila » Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:23 pm

We put the "FUN" in Dysfunctional :lol:
User avatar
RubyTequila
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2003 12:11 am

Postby Monker » Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:57 pm

Perry apparently went to great lengths to LIE. The implication was if the attornies were involved already, why then did he feel the need to blatantly lie about something so benign as being/not being online?


We are talking about things said and done following the release of TBF, up to eight years ago. Just because he said he was not online then, but somebody else (not Perry himself) says he is now does not mean anybody is lying. There may be people in this very forum who were not online eight years ago who are now.

As for why Perry said he was not online while at the same time his lawyers were on the trail of certain people who were pretending to be him...Well, he was warning people to not believe the ID's in their Email box. It's really as simple as that.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 10456
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Postby perryfaithful » Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:19 am

Monker wrote:
Perry apparently went to great lengths to LIE. The implication was if the attornies were involved already, why then did he feel the need to blatantly lie about something so benign as being/not being online?


We are talking about things said and done following the release of TBF, up to eight years ago. Just because he said he was not online then, but somebody else (not Perry himself) says he is now does not mean anybody is lying. There may be people in this very forum who were not online eight years ago who are now.

As for why Perry said he was not online while at the same time his lawyers were on the trail of certain people who were pretending to be him...Well, he was warning people to not believe the ID's in their Email box. It's really as simple as that.


I'm lost
User avatar
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:29 am

Postby yak » Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:40 am

We are talking about things said and done following the release of TBF, up to eight years ago. Just because he said he was not online then, but somebody else (not Perry himself) says he is now does not mean anybody is lying.


The quote is from a Fan Asylum interview with Lora, and is from February 2000. That would be four years ago. That would be an interview directed toward the fans. I doubt it's around anymore, because I read somewhere that Perry's interviews are no longer at FanAsylum.

Hey listen, I really don't care, but I state stuff here that every Perryite comes out and refutes with no evidence to back up what they're saying.

All they want is words of undying devotion here about their beloved, and the second somebody challenges that they get all bent out of shape. They resort to name calling and look the other way when Steve Augeri gets bashed.
User avatar
yak
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1362
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:46 am

Postby yak » Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:22 am

RubyTequila wrote:We put the "FUN" in Dysfunctional :lol:


Somebody had to do it, Ruby! :wink:
User avatar
yak
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1362
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:46 am

Postby Monker » Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:39 am

The quote is from a Fan Asylum interview with Lora, and is from February 2000. That would be four years ago. That would be an interview directed toward the fans. I doubt it's around anymore, because I read somewhere that Perry's interviews are no longer at FanAsylum.

Hey listen, I really don't care, but I state stuff here that every Perryite comes out and refutes with no evidence to back up what they're saying.

All they want is words of undying devotion here about their beloved, and the second somebody challenges that they get all bent out of shape. They resort to name calling and look the other way when Steve Augeri gets bashed.


I'm not denying any of the above.

But, the honest truth is, without going into details:

There were some people who went about online pretending they were Perry.

There were some people who were taken in by this and BELIEVED they were in touch with Perry.

This got back to Perry, thru Lora I believe (who seems to have more contact with Perry's fans then Perry himself), and legal actions were looked into.

But, to help avoid this situation occuring again, Perry repeatedly said he was not online, trading Emails, in chats, etc.

That is as far into the details as I'm going. I was not personaly involved in any of this...and I want to keep it that way.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 10456
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Postby perryfaithful » Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:47 am

yakov wrote:
We are talking about things said and done following the release of TBF, up to eight years ago. Just because he said he was not online then, but somebody else (not Perry himself) says he is now does not mean anybody is lying.


The quote is from a Fan Asylum interview with Lora, and is from February 2000. That would be four years ago. That would be an interview directed toward the fans. I doubt it's around anymore, because I read somewhere that Perry's interviews are no longer at FanAsylum.

Hey listen, I really don't care, but I state stuff here that every Perryite comes out and refutes with no evidence to back up what they're saying.

All they want is words of undying devotion here about their beloved, and the second somebody challenges that they get all bent out of shape. They resort to name calling and look the other way when Steve Augeri gets bashed.


What I want to know Yak is what are you doing hangin' at Fan asylum??
User avatar
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:29 am

Postby PROPERRY » Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:05 am

yakov wrote:
We are talking about things said and done following the release of TBF, up to eight years ago. Just because he said he was not online then, but somebody else (not Perry himself) says he is now does not mean anybody is lying.


The quote is from a Fan Asylum interview with Lora, and is from February 2000. That would be four years ago. That would be an interview directed toward the fans. I doubt it's around anymore, because I read somewhere that Perry's interviews are no longer at FanAsylum.

Hey listen, I really don't care, but I state stuff here that every Perryite comes out and refutes with no evidence to back up what they're saying.

All they want is words of undying devotion here about their beloved, and the second somebody challenges that they get all bent out of shape. They resort to name calling and look the other way when Steve Augeri gets bashed.








"They resort to name calling and look the other way when Steve Augeri gets bashed." :?

The Perry Fans have spoken very positive of him & said that "Steve Augeri is a class act!" :D

And just for the record, I think Steve Perry is a class act too! :D

Lori
PROPERRY
8 Track
 
Posts: 999
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2003 2:40 am

Postby yak » Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:03 am

Only a major sucker would believe Perry was contacting somebody he didn't even know! Especially since he is so reclusive.
User avatar
yak
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1362
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:46 am

Postby Liz22562 » Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:17 am

Yakov, I'm confused as to where you get the idea that Steve Perry is so reclusive?

It seems to me that I have seen him in several articles over the last couple of years. all of which are repetitively shown on other websites that I have perused.

Seems to me he's quite content doing what he's doing. I give him credit for that also - a lot of people have no clue what they want to do with their life! I'm sure if he gets the bug to tour again we will all see him sooner or later.

Peace~
Liz22562
8 Track
 
Posts: 759
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:29 am
Location: Florida

Postby aragelfstone » Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:08 pm

I hope Steve has put Journey behind him like a bad marriage to someone who cheated on him. No matter how much he loved them they don't deserve him. He's still great, they're not. He should leave it that way. The thought of him appearing with them now is disgusting.
aragelfstone
Radio Waves
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:18 am

PreviousNext

Return to Journey

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests