To Go or Not to GO? That is the Question..

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Postby yak » Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:03 pm

Yakov, I'm confused as to where you get the idea that Steve Perry is so reclusive?

He's very reclusive.....especially to his fans........

Don't think anybody has to worry about Perry getting off his couch potato and getting back with Journey. Don't think he wants to.......he's too busy collecting money while he watches TV, and "thinks about" touring.
yak
Cassette Tape

Postby yak » Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:50 pm

"while sitting on his fat ass."

Not the last time I looked....

You looked? :shock: Did you really? :o

Nobody has answered why Perry does NOT do a solo recording............but WILL do whistle recordings
yak
Cassette Tape

Postby mystichealer » Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:31 pm

yakov wrote:
"while sitting on his fat ass."

Not the last time I looked....

You looked? :shock: Did you really? :o

Nobody has answered why Perry does NOT do a solo recording............but WILL do whistle recordings

How about 'maybe he doesn't want to at the moment'....What's so hard to understand about that?

Why do you keep on asking this question? What is the point behind it all?
You know, the more i see your posts i really do believe that you are 'Herbie Herbert'...Lol :)

MH
mystichealer
Ol' 78

Whistling

Postby Eric » Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:23 pm

I wonder why people cannot let a man retire?

Whistling....HOOOOOH
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby atthistime » Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:25 am

I don't know mystichealer. I see yakov as Andrew. :shock:
atthistime
Ol' 78

Postby yak » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:59 am

perryfaithful wrote: What I want to know Yak is what are you doing hangin' at Fan asylum??

Who are you, the Internet Police??

I dunno.......Because I live in America, and I surf the net...........just like everybody else here? :roll:

Or maybe to back up what I say here........but you don't really like that, now do you?
yak
Cassette Tape

Postby yak » Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:01 am

I don't know atthistime. And I don't want to!
yak
Cassette Tape

Postby yak » Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:07 am

How about 'maybe he doesn't want to at the moment'....What's so hard to understand about that?

I keep asking the question because it is a legitimate one. And because none of you will answer it!

"At the moment?" Now many years would that "moment" encompass"
:lol:
yak
Cassette Tape

Postby mystichealer » Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:40 am

yakov wrote:

I keep asking the question because it is a legitimate one. And because none of you will answer it!

"At the moment?" Now many years would that "moment" encompass"
:lol:

None of 'US' can answer it, as none of 'US' are Steve Perry. Only the man himself can answer that question.
I wouldn't know how many years that 'Moment' would encompass either, as once again i am not Steve Perry. If he wants to do another cd then i am sure that he will, if and when HE feels like it. He is under no pressure from anyone it seems, even though to my knowledge he is still a signed artist (if i am wrong there then someone please correct me).

I would love to hear something new from Steve Perry, and i am pretty sure that many others would too, but even if he doesn't release anything new, i won't be too downhearted as i will always have my Journey cds and my Perry cds to play each and every day if i wish.

I still can't fathom why you keep asking this question all the time. Are you another one who reckons that he can't sing anymore, without hearing him.
Even Perry at 50% his best is superior to most singers at their very best (imo).

MH
mystichealer
Ol' 78

Postby Journeynut » Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:39 am

Even Perry at 50% his best is superior to most singers at their very best (imo).

Which is why he is not forgettable even with his absence.
Anyway, what was I saying.........
Journeynut
Ol' 78

Postby atthistime » Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:29 am

All this bitching and condemnation about what Perry should or shouldn't do, will or won't do, can or can't do, didn't or didn't do, is such wasted energy. Some of you people have been doing it since the message boards began, and how many minds have you changed? One that I know of.
You may as well save your breath. It only makes you all look like a bunch of cry babies.
You keep repeating yourselves over and over again and where does it get you? Bitch, Bitch, Bitch!
atthistime
Ol' 78

Postby LAWoman » Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:42 am

atthistime wrote:All this bitching and condemnation about what Perry should or shouldn't do, will or won't do, can or can't do, didn't or didn't do, is such wasted energy. Some of you people have been doing it since the message boards began, and how many minds have you changed? One that I know of.
You may as well save your breath. It only makes you all look like a bunch of cry babies.
You keep repeating yourselves over and over again and where does it get you? Bitch, Bitch, Bitch!

And perhaps you can take that same approach concerning current Journey and we will all live happily ever after. As you sad--no one is changing anyone's mind. Why do you suppose this thread was started?
LAWoman
45 RPM

Postby PROPERRY » Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:26 am

atthistime wrote:All this bitching and condemnation about what Perry should or shouldn't do, will or won't do, can or can't do, didn't or didn't do, is such wasted energy. Some of you people have been doing it since the message boards began, and how many minds have you changed? One that I know of.

I'm in agreement atthistime!

The vast majority of fans love Steve Perry and his MUSIC, and nothing will ever change that, no matter what unkind things are said about him.

We fans will always be here to support him & continue to keep buying his music!!!! :D Hey, I can't wait to buy the Houston DVD whenever it becomes available for the fans!!! :D

Lori
PROPERRY
8 Track

Postby Monker » Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:06 pm

All this bitching and condemnation about what Perry should or shouldn't do, will or won't do, can or can't do, didn't or didn't do, is such wasted energy. Some of you people have been doing it since the message boards began, and how many minds have you changed? One that I know of.

and, when people like you go about with the "Journey isn't Journey without Steve Perry" and "Steve Perry is Journey" attitude are also wasting energy and time. It's EXACTLY the same thing.

But, you don't want to change that. What you want to change is to have no argument back...to not have to wade through any negative comments about Perry while you dish out all the negativity towards Journey that you want.

That is simply not going to happen.

It only makes you all look like a bunch of cry babies.

It also makes you look like a cry baby when you whine that Perry quit Journey, when he should have been fired or never rehired to do TBF. It makes you look like a cry baby when you complain about the venues Journey performs when they are actualy larger then the venues Perry performed on FTLOSM. It makes you look like a cry baby when you complain about each and every move Journey makes, when Perry hardly makes any moves at all.

You keep repeating yourselves over and over again and where does it get you?

And, you have repeatedly said people repeat themselves. Where does that repetition repeatedly get you? Nowhere.

The vast majority of fans love Steve Perry and his MUSIC, and nothing will ever change that, no matter what unkind things are said about him.

The vast majority of both Perry and Journey fans do not even engage in such futile arguments on these corrupted forums. Only a small handful are in these forums arguing about pointless details of Perry's and Journey's careers.

We fans will always be here to support him & continue to keep buying his music!!!!

Exactly my point. You Perry fans are not here to support Journey in this Journey forum. You are here to support Perry and to attack Journey.

Hey, I can't wait to buy the Houston DVD whenever it becomes available for the fans!!!

You mean IF it becomes available for fans. It seems to me that it is on indefinite hiatus. Kinda like Journey was after the ROR tour, and after TBF was released.

Let's see how long it takes before Perry fans turn this into being Journey's and/or Neal's fault.
Monker
MP3

Postby perryfaithful » Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:25 pm

Monker wrote:

Let's see how long it takes before Perry fans turn this into being Journey's and/or Neal's fault.

Not me Baby!

No blame here.....I DO have some issues with communication from the official website however
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby atthistime » Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:33 am

Get over it, Barb and monker.

I don't post at BT and Perry gets dissed all the time over there and made fun of. When a Perry fan takes someone to task for it, they say that they were just kidding.

There is another Journey forum that is fairly new and the starting topics are Perry, Perry, Perry and the posters want to know why the Perry fans arn't coming to defend him.

You few are a bunch of cry babies. You two have been around a lot longer than I have and have been trashing Perry for longer still.

Stop giving excuses for why you insult someone who is so well loved and respected by his peers. You don;t know him personally and his peers do. It makes you sound so childish.
atthistime
Ol' 78

Postby Liz22562 » Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:39 am

Hi atthistime!

Could you please share in the information you may have about the other Journey forum that is fairly new? I'm hoping it is Perry-friendly....

Have a wonderful day!
Liz22562
8 Track

why

Postby Eric » Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:48 am

Wouldn't be more fun to support something active than something retired?
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby Liz22562 » Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:58 am

If you are referring to me Eric....I support both old and new - always have and always stated that have.
Liz22562
8 Track

Re: why

Postby perryfaithful » Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:37 am

Eric wrote:Wouldn't be more fun to support something active than something retired?

Let's see? Ah.......how about No?
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:30 am

I don't post at BT and Perry gets dissed all the time over there and made fun of. When a Perry fan takes someone to task for it, they say that they were just kidding.

Like some said to yakov about Fanasylum. Why are you lurking on BT? With your attitude towards it, why even read the posts?

The truth is that BT is about as active as Steve Perry's career...Once in a while something interesting happens, but over all it's non-eventful and pretty boring.

There is another Journey forum that is fairly new and the starting topics are Perry, Perry, Perry and the posters want to know why the Perry fans arn't coming to defend him.

what forum is this?

You few are a bunch of cry babies. You two have been around a lot longer than I have and have been trashing Perry for longer still.

Barb 'trashes' Perry? Where? I'd like to see a quote where you believe she is 'trashing' Perry.

Me? I don't care...not any more then you do about your trash talk about Journey. I have learned that people are going to say whatever they want regardless of what I say or how I act. So, I do as I please and the only person who can order me about is the owner of the forum I am posting to.

Stop giving excuses for why you insult someone who is so well loved and respected by his peers. You don;t know him personally and his peers do. It makes you sound so childish.

It depends on who you believe. There are articles where writers say they will never work with Perry again because he wanted to take written songs, give himself a writing credit for doing NOTHING, and put himself first on the credits. There are tales about Perry acting like a baby and trashing studio equipment. There are tales about Perry's antics on the road.

He's not 'well respected and loved' by ALL of his peers.

You don't know Perry personaly either...you just choose to give credit to one side over another...That choice is made to best support your own biases and desires.
Monker
MP3

Postby yak » Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:36 am

atthistime wrote: You keep repeating yourselves over and over again and where does it get you? Bitch, Bitch, Bitch!

When it comes to bitching and complaining and crybabying, you are at the TOP of the heap. :lol:

I agree that you would like everything to be onesided...Perry sided, that is.

It won't happen in this lifetime, so get over yourself, and go cry in a corner till your Perry comes back. (but don't be holding your breath now)

I wonder why people cannot let a man retire?

Because, Eric, there would be nothing left to bitch about.
yak
Cassette Tape

Postby Marabelle » Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:19 am

Do I think Steve can be a prima donna at times...Oh yes indeed.
Can he be a very nice and wonderful person at times...Oh yes indeed.
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby PROPERRY » Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:48 am

Monker wrote:

Like some said to yakov about Fanasylum. Why are you lurking on BT? With your attitude towards it, why even read the posts?

The truth is that BT is about as active as Steve Perry's career...Once in a while something interesting happens, but over all it's non-eventful and pretty boring.

what forum is this?

Barb 'trashes' Perry? Where? I'd like to see a quote where you believe she is 'trashing' Perry.

Me? I don't care...not any more then you do about your trash talk about Journey. I have learned that people are going to say whatever they want regardless of what I say or how I act. So, I do as I please and the only person who can order me about is the owner of the forum I am posting to.

It depends on who you believe. There are articles where writers say they will never work with Perry again because he wanted to take written songs, give himself a writing credit for doing NOTHING, and put himself first on the credits. There are tales about Perry acting like a baby and trashing studio equipment. There are tales about Perry's antics on the road.

He's not 'well respected and loved' by ALL of his peers.

You don't know Perry personaly either...you just choose to give credit to one side over another...That choice is made to best support your own biases and desires.

Again & again Monker, the bashing & trashing is ALL DIRECTED at Steve Perry by you. No one is bashing any of other band members of Journey.

No matter what you say bad about Perry, it is NOT going to make the Perry fans stop supporting him OR make the fans stop buying any of his music.

So you say,"There are Tales about Perry acting like a baby and trashing studio equipment."

So what!!! Who cares???!!! Certainly NOT me!!! Tales, tales, tales is ALL they are!!! That means absolutely nothing to me!

Again you keep trashing Perry, and REFUSE to see that no one has said anything negative about the rest of the Journey band members at all.

Show me where I have stated something unkind or negative towards the Journey band members???? Yet you keep making rediculous accusations that negative crap is being said about the Journey band members, when it is NOT true!

There are fans here who support Perry only, and there are fans here who support both, and some fans here who only support the current line up. That is every fan's choice to like & support whatever they want!

Just because a FEW of you here have a problem with Perry for whatever lame reasons does NOT give you all the supreme right to keep bashing Steve Perry!

And I could careless about your articles"where writers say they would never work with Perry again". So what!!! I LOVE Steve Perry's Voice & Music, and will continue to keep being ONE of his many, many fans!!!

Besides I've read articles where other singers have said they enjoyed working with Perry such as Jeff Golub, David Pack and others.

Is this how you spend your every waking moment searching for ways to TRY to tear down Steve Perry??? :roll:

Monker, you don't know anthing about Steve Perry personally and never worked with him either, so your credibility means nothing here! There is absolutely nothing you could say that is effective enough to make the fans stop supporting Steve Perry!!!

Lori

PROPERRY
8 Track

Postby Andrew » Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:34 am

Ok folks - FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS GOOD AND HOLY.

MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIVES!!!!

Take a breath....there are other bands out there other than Journey that would ADORE your attention. They are one of my favourite bands ever, but I have accepted it's 2004 and not 1984.

This whole fucking Perry / Journey thing is so tired and boring.

No one has ever agreed and no one EVER WILL!!

GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bye for now......
Andrew
Administrator

Postby LAWoman » Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:27 am

Andrew wrote:Ok folks - FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS GOOD AND HOLY.

MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIVES!!!!

Take a breath....there are other bands out there other than Journey that would ADORE your attention. They are one of my favourite bands ever, but I have accepted it's 2004 and not 1984.

This whole fucking Perry / Journey thing is so tired and boring.

No one has ever agreed and no one EVER WILL!!

GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bye for now......

I think it would be a public service if you just had an area on the site in which all the arguments were permanently displayed. That way people would not have to keep having the same argument over again like has been going on since 1998. :)

But seriously, people are never going to stop arguing unless something changes between the artists that we keep arguing about. I know I vow to stay out of the same old arguments and I can stick to that until someone says something ridiculous about Journey or Neal in particular and then I feel compelled to reply. An undisputed misperception or lie somehow becomes the "truth" in cyberspace. I would imagine Perry fans feel the same about info they dispute. Vicious circle. Perhaps someone should broker a peace treaty . . . .
LAWoman
45 RPM

Previous

Return to Journey