DC Extended Universe THREAD

General Intelligent Discussion & One Thread About That Buttknuckle

Moderator: Andrew

Re: DC Extended Universe THREAD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:22 am

RedWingFan wrote:He has a plan? How many plans have their been since Green Lanterns release? I know Larry, Moe and Curly have tried to right the ship, has Shemp had a shot yet?

"DC will be just fine"
I wish I had time to look back through this thread and see how many times you've said that, then follow up craptastic films with excuses.

Nailed it!
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby verslibre » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:34 am

RedWingFan wrote:Ouch. That's a $2 billion insult.

It's always about the money in the end, right? :lol:

RedWingFan wrote:Say what you want about Marvel. They've done what I thought what was impossible over the last 10 years.

It never was impossible. Now ask how a readerfan feels about seeing these movies happen. :lol:

RedWingFan wrote:Watching infinity war amazed that they made such a movie with so many characters and have it not feel overcrowded.

Not everyone feels it's not overcrowded. I could have done with less time devoted to Stark and the Guardians.

RedWingFan wrote:And to think they did it coming out of bankruptcy.

They didn't make Infinity War coming out of bankruptcy. They didn't even make the first Iron Man coming out of bankruptcy. That was back in the '90s. The sales of a number of IPs to Fox and Sony helped make Marvel solvent against after the '90s crash. The first post-bankruptcy movie was Blade by Fox. Iron Man was financed by a loan.

RedWingFan wrote:There is no comparison in Marvel and DC.

I know you mean this as a pejorative because you don't know otherwise, but I really would prefer there be NO comparison between the two publishers' film adaptions, either, i.e. I'd rather there be a contrast. WB streamlining Justice League was not the way to go, and the fans let them know by not showing up at the box office as they did for the previous four films.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:02 am

..I know Larry, Moe and Curly have tried to right the ship, has Shemp had a shot yet?

Moe, Larry and Curly? You mean RedWingFan, TNC and Monker, right? :lol:

"..I wish I had time to look back through this thread and see how many times you've said that, then follow up craptastic films with excuses.

You should go back for your own good because within the thread you'll see yourself say things like how Wonder Woman was not going to come close to being any good if it got made. Result? Wonder Woman 1984.

You'll find yourself mentioning how Aquaman wouldn't even come close to seeing the time of day.

Result? Aquaman trailer at Comic Con.

The Three Stooges laughed at how bad Squad was. Result? Harley Quinn's popularity riding into films like Birds of Prey, not including other Squad spinoffs in the works. You said how WB won't green light anything from their failures. Result? Shazam!

We can all agree that WB has made some retarded descisions and I've been on record blasting them. But DC characters are way too strong to fold and in the end, that's all that matters. If that bothers you..so be it :lol:

That's a 2 billion insult.

You brought Patrick up...not me. :lol:
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:12 am

They didn't make Infinity War coming out of bankruptcy. They didn't even make the first Iron Man coming out of bankruptcy. That was back in the '90s. The sales of a number of IPs to Fox and Sony helped make Marvel solvent against after the '90s crash. The first post-bankruptcy movie was Blade by Fox. Iron Man was financed by a loan.

Bro, this is the type of ignorance that happens when MCU fans think superhero's were concieved in the year 2008.

I know you mean this as a pejorative because you don't know otherwise, but I really would prefer there be NO comparison between the two publishers' film adaptions, either, i.e. I'd rather there be a contrast. WB streamlining Justice League was not the way to go, and the fans let them know by not showing up at the box office as they did for the previous four films.

Nailed it!
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:19 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Result? Wonder Woman 1984.

Result? Harley Quinn's popularity riding into films like Birds of Prey, not including other Squad spinoffs in the works.

Result? Shazam!

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:21 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Bro, this is the type of ignorance that happens when MCU fans think superhero's were concieved in the year 2008.

What do you mean? Was there another CBM that came out in 2008?

:lol:

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:55 pm

Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby RedWingFan » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:05 pm

YoungJRNYfan wrote:We can all agree that WB has made some retarded descisions and I've been on record blasting them. But DC characters are way too strong to fold and in the end, that's all that matters.

Honestly this thread has been 69 long pages of you displaying your "battered wife syndrome" with you being abused by DC. Monk, TNC and I are trying to help you.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby verslibre » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:30 pm

RedWingFan wrote:https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5b2407f1e4b0f9178a9ceec9

What they're already doing, but thanks. :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:46 am

Henry just posted on his Instagram of him beasting in the weightroom and says "Working on my Super-buns. If you vote for me [Teen Choice Awards] maybe you'll see me in my blue tights a little sooner!"

MoS2 bitches.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:09 am

Henry Cavill teases his return as Superman in the DCEU
https://heroichollywood.com/henry-cavil ... an-return/
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:34 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:
You should go back for your own good because within the thread you'll see yourself say things like how Wonder Woman was not going to come close to being any good if it got made. Result? Wonder Woman 1984.

You'll find yourself mentioning how Aquaman wouldn't even come close to seeing the time of day.

The Three Stooges laughed at how bad Squad was. Result? Harley Quinn's popularity riding into films like Birds of Prey, not including other Squad spinoffs in the works. You said how WB won't green light anything from their failures. Result? Shazam!

What a shitty record. 1 successful movie (Wonder Woman), 1 yet-to-be-released trailer (Aquaman), and a universally derided pos (Suicide Squad). Yeesh.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:37 am

RedWingFan wrote:
YoungJRNYfan wrote:We can all agree that WB has made some retarded descisions and I've been on record blasting them. But DC characters are way too strong to fold and in the end, that's all that matters.

Honestly this thread has been 69 long pages of you displaying your "battered wife syndrome" with you being abused by DC. Monk, TNC and I are trying to help you.

LOL. Accurate.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby verslibre » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:56 am

Now that's what I'm talkin' about.

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:14 am

successful movie (Wonder Woman)

And one huge female franchise kickstarter. 'Uuuge pop culture film.

1 yet-to-be-released trailer (Aquaman)

Yet, another franchise kickstarter spearheaded by a director you're on record for talking highly of.

and a universally derided pos (Suicide Squad). Yeesh.

The audience actually took to Squad, especially the characters. In the right hands, we have a potentially great Bat-franchise in the works so that's a success.

You forgot Shazam! which is yet another new franchise kickstarter.

Very good for films before them that got utterly destroyed critically. Arrows pointing up in a new direction.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:28 am

Just about anything James Wan adds his fingerprints to turns to gold. Nearly every movie he's made is a hit. Furious 7 is in the Billon Dollar Club.

Bloggers are already beginning to peddle negative crap about Aquaman when they've only seen the seven official stills released two whole days ago.

Then Collider publishes a bullshit article that alleges Wan is "distancing himself" from what Zack's done.

Nuts. Just nuts, I tell ya. :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:53 am

SDCC18 Hall H WB/DC panel predictions.

*AQUAMAN – official trailer debut, cast (Wan/Momoa/Heard/Wilson/Kidman/Dafoe/Abdul-Mateen II) panel
*SHAZAM – footage, possible teaser, cast (Sandberg/Levi/Strong/and...?!)
*WONDER WOMAN 2 – exclusive footage, official Cheetah reveal, cast (Jenkins/Gadot/Pine/Wiig/Johns)
*NEW GODS – announcement/info (DuVernay)
*BIRDS OF PREY – announcement/info (cast?)
[Maybe]*THE BATMAN – Reeves, and...?!
*GREEN LANTERN CORPS – announcement/info
*THE FLASH – announcement/info
*THE JOKER – announcement/info
*SUPERMAN SOLO FILM announcement
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:09 am

Nice list! That would be boner-tastic!

I'll go with:

-Official Aquaman trailer (confirmed)
- First official image of Levi as Shazam!
-Teaser for Shazam! (SUPERMAN included?)
-Official image of Wiig as Cheetah for WW2
-Gal, Jason, Jenkins and Wan in attendance on stage
- McKay's Nightwing casting
- Official DC Re-Brand name
- Scorsese Joker details
-Birds of Prey/Catwoman Casting
-Official Green Lantern Corps announcement

My fingers are crossed and blue for a MoS2 announcement but I think they're going to wait for Shazam! and get that out there first since I think those universe's are intertwining.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:20 am

I forgot about Nightwing. I concur, I bet we get some deets.

Hughes is gettin' hammered here...lol!

https://twitter.com/grayghost84/status/1007787222953807873
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:28 am

Hughes is having a bad outing at the moment. He's clueless about the SnyderCut details and a day after he posted that opinion piece on the AT&T Merger could dampen Cavill's Superman solo, Henry posts a video in the gym literally confirming Superman training. Ouch.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:32 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:Hughes is having a bad outing at the moment. He's clueless about the SnyderCut details and a day after he posted that opinion piece on the AT&T Merger could dampen Cavill's Superman solo, Henry posts a video in the gym literally confirming Superman training. Ouch.

If Mark's an iota as smart as he advertises, he'd better start typing "IMO" a lot more often. And I mean A LOT.

Hughes is something else, lol. You know how we know there's a #Snydercut? Because they only f#$@ing SCREENED it. :lol:
Last edited by verslibre on Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:33 am

Meanwhile...

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:26 am

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:00 am

verslibre wrote:Image

This is what happens when nobody pays attention to what they watch and have a sheet of paper waiting to be checkmarked.

I like what Olivia said about Superman's heat vision and how it hurt/blinded him where he couldn't control it. Over time and in BvS he has much better control and could shoot heat vision in flight, something he couldn't do in MoS.
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:06 am

YoungJRNYfan wrote:I like what Olivia said about Superman's heat vision and how it hurt/blinded him where he couldn't control it. Over time and in BvS he has much better control and could shoot heat vision in flight, something he couldn't do in MoS.

Dude, is that an arc? Fck-tht, we need everything established in 15 minutes! Then Supes is off restoring waterfalls in South America when he, I mean Clark, isn't clearing his studio apartment's deposit by moonlighting as a telemarketer. :lol: :lol: :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby YoungJRNYfan » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:21 am

MoS: What?! There wasn't enough character development! We need more character development to understand!

BvS: Huh?! This is appalling! Superman is still finding out who he is?! Why isn't he the classic Superman by now?! That's it..I'm done.

JL: Screw this! Why didn't they include the Snyder stuff?! How could you go from a deconstructed Superman to a classic Superman so quickly?!
YoungJRNYfan
Stereo LP

Postby verslibre » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:23 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby verslibre » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:24 am

verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby RedWingFan » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:06 pm

verslibre wrote:Now that's what I'm talkin' about.

She is smoking, watched WW recently again on my DVR. Looking forward to the sequel.
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby RedWingFan » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:16 pm

YoungJRNYfan wrote:
The audience actually took to Squad, especially the characters. In the right hands, we have a potentially great Bat-franchise in the works so that's a success.

Took to the CharacterS? Guys dig Harley Quinn and want to see more of her.....literally!
Harley Quinn = MJ, Deadshot= Tito Jackson, Croc guy = Randy Jackson, the first SS character I can't remember = Marlon,..etc.etc..etc..
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

PreviousNext

Return to Snowmobiles For The Sahara